Chessington Music

I have it! A good high-quality version. It's an 8-minute track (I think) where the whole tune plays twice over.

It was on Music Of Merlin.com but due to the lack of sponsorship, the site folded, thus resulting in the loss of a good site!

If anyone wants a copy, PM me your email address and I'll send you a copy. But please be patient, as due to work commitments I may not send it for a few days, but I will send it.

It's such a brilliant tune, and I also have a good high-quality copy of Kobra if anyone's interested!

• 4 weeks later...

What the blazes is going on with Transylvania's music?! It sounds so awful and out of place!

On a more positive note, the Zufari area music is very good and not too in-your-face.

Does anyone know where I can download the exterior Hocus Pocus Hall music, used by the arch entrance and up as you walk up the path? I have the main interior tune as you progress from the first room, but have always loved this exterior tune and would love to grab a copy.

The current upbeat tune is rather annoying but actually suits the cultural setting of Transylvania somewhat (European celebration). It's better than the Halloween loop they were playing the year before, which was too over the top for an area that's not intended to be melodramatic. They stopped playing the BubbleWorks exterior theme a few years ago.

Really that part of Transylvania has never had music that has suited it. It used to have its own 'scarier' track down by Vampire's entrance, though.

I prefer the Halloween loop and think it suited the area more. This current track to me seems like part of the general toning-down process Transylvania has encountered over the closed season.

The Halloween loop didn't work outside Bubbleworks though. I remember being in the queue when they were playing that and seeing a lot of young children leaving the queue upset because the music set a scary atmosphere for a family ride and they were scared.

God they abused the hell out of that Halloween music didn't they? Was so sick of it after like, a year of it being used across half the park...

The oompa music suits the whole Bavaria realism vibe they're going for now anyways... It didn't affect me over Zoo Days, I doubt it'll affect me Sunday (indeed, it seems that the area music is the least of the worries in that area right now)...

Dunno what this toning down thing is though, more getting these areas into a more realistic/down to earth (ish, purple building was silly in that regard, though dunno how it looks in real life) look and feel... Hence why Burger Kitchen is no longer another castle on the outside (and extremely bland on the inside it seems)...

Does anyone know where I can download the exterior Hocus Pocus Hall music, used by the arch entrance and up as you walk up the path? I have the main interior tune as you progress from the first room, but have always loved this exterior tune and would love to grab a copy.

So I checked my files, and it appears I may have the one you're talking about. It has crows cawing in it? And is quite quiet?

The problem is that the file plays two songs simultaneously - essentially the left channel plays the main song and the right channel is playing the exterior. I've managed to split the track but I don't imagine the quality is great and it'll only come out of one speaker.

PM me your email address I guess and I can send you the file?

In terms of the transylvania music.

The 2006 Bubbleworks song didn't really work and made was incoherent to the area.

The Haloween theme that was used in 2011 until early 2012 gave the area a creepy vibe however in the disadvantage as mentioned possibly frightened some children queing for the bubbleworks who hadn't been on the ride.

The current european sounding one is perhaps the most coherent of the three giving the area a party and almost fetival atmosphere. However I can't say I'm keen on the music as it's a little cheesy.

Perhaps there could be a way Chessie could play the haloween one between september and november season only in the area or just around Vampire's entrance.

The current Transylvania music was put on to create a 'happier' environment and also to create a longer loop for the offices in that part of the park. Also to align with the brand values of establishing the themed lands more coherently.

The area down by the waterfall/Vampire entrance used to be on a seperate loop, but were then not operational for a while and have since been connected to the system for the rest of Transylvania.