Chessington Music

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if the Black Buccaneer audio is aaaanywhere on the internet? I don't know if it changed in the last year or so (or it just wasn't working before) but it's amazing, and I want to listen to it forever. Unfortunately, a dodgy 28 seconds iPhone recording in the queue line is as good as I've got at the moment. 

Have a listen:

https://soundcloud.com/black-buccaneer/black-buccaneer-theme-chessington

Did it come from somewhere else? Does anyone have it? Could I ask any more questions? (Probably).

Thank you! 

I think BenBowser answered that question ages ago in the Vampire topic ;)

Do you mean the one with a cackle every now and again?? The one that repeats seamlessly. If so, I don't think its back, I believe it was scrapped because of the pre-recorded announcements, which have the same laughs in them anyway. They didn't want them to overlap.

Well that's not true. The station announcements were recorded recently and don't feature old SFX. The commercial mix now used in the station has the screams mixed too loud so if anything they have exaggerated the cackling.

The original Graham Smart mix of the Vampire theme doesn't even contain many SFX, as more stock SFX were added to the station loop several years after the ride opened I heard?

I think BenBowser answered that question ages ago in the Vampire topic ;)

Ahhhh, yes. That was only a guess, implied by the "I believe".

From what I've been told, in its opening year, Vampire played a track with a large amount of SFX, more than the one that had been in use over the last few years. It was switched to the one on the Doom and Gloom album the following year. Now this is just speculation but I assume it was changed so that it didn't distract from the rest of the amazing piece.

Again in just guessing, but I suspect the track was altered again in 1998 when the ride was slightly re-branded. But then again, it could have happened at any point, the lighting changes all the time as well!

I agree, it is disappointing to hear what is being played at the minuet, at lease the looping has been sorted!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Heide Park entrance music. Not sure if this is the extended version as the one I have downloaded as Chesssington Pre 2009 entrance theme is also 6:52.

Oh blimey, that music! :lol:

I really like Zufari's queueline music ^_^ Doesn't seem to be anywhere online though, shame!

Oh and the music they have in Penguin Bay :blush: Which I'm sure the penguins totally appreciate :P

http://youtu.be/iGfKNLU61cQ