Chessington Music

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

All music on park seemed to have been turned up x3 today, apart from in the Vampire station where it was very quiet. Audio was very confusing on Vamp today - pre rec announcements on dispatch and exit for one train - only on exit for one with staff screaming over the PA again (with no enthusiasm may I add) and then only dispatch announcments for us. Also, the boarding announcments and dispatch seemed to alternate, and both go off sometimes. Old McDonald's Farmyard music playing in Land of the Dragons.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2016 at 3:22 AM, ChessingtonSam said:

How did Chessie get away with those stereotypical announcements, and were they even removed because they're highly racist?

What?

Having English spoken in an accent in keeping with the area the ride is themed to isn't remotely racist. So are we saying the 'seet back and hold tight, thees is a bumpy ride' in a Mexican accent is racist on the Mexican themed rattlesnake?

Should everything only be in the Queens English, banishing accents? Mental.

I don't think you understand racism. 

I Can imagine that Your Average Tumblr SJWtm   would find it racist, but to be honest, that isn't racism. It's literally someone speaking in an oriental accent. With this kind of thinking, you could say that many rides are 'racist'.

I think the current announcement is a very monotone British man saying 'Wise dragon say, you must keep your arms and legs inside the boat at all times' and It just seems very out of place. 

On ‎11‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 1:23 PM, pluk said:

What?

Having English spoken in an accent in keeping with the area the ride is themed to isn't remotely racist. So are we saying the 'seet back and hold tight, thees is a bumpy ride' in a Mexican accent is racist on the Mexican themed rattlesnake?

Should everything only be in the Queens English, banishing accents? Mental.

I don't think you understand racism. 

"pRease keep arms and Regs"
I dont think the Mexicana announcements are racism, and I dont think that all announcements should be queens English. However, substituting the "L"s for "R"s is stereotyping, and is actually pretty racist towards people from Asia. Its like saying all English people are posh and drink tea, or that all American people are fat and eat McDonalds all the time. Its really not true, and although most Asian people will have grown to accept it (I have seen a YouTube video called "How to do an Asian accent !!" where an Asian person (who had a very American-sounding accent might I add) spoke in a stereotypical accent), it may be very offensive to some. Most of the times I've come across people talking like that was to take the p*** out of people from the Orient.

I'm no over-the-top Tumblr "Everthing is discrimination" kind of person, but that in my eyes is very stereotypical/racist.

And yes, I understand racism. The kind of people who don't is those who shout "RACISM!!1!!!!!1!!" if someone states another's colour (while describing them).

A lot of people might think it's over the top, but unfortunately the GP will complain about this type of thing. 

Chessington have been known to have roaming actors and even that got pulled due to 'racism' complaints.

this is also the same park that is scared to put up a themed warning sign, rather than the official 'workplace' H&S signage.

7 hours ago, ChessingtonSam said:

I dont think the Mexicana announcements are racism, and I dont think that all announcements should be queens English. However, substituting the "L"s for "R"s is stereotyping, and is actually pretty racist towards people from Asia. Its like saying all English people are posh and drink tea, or that all American people are fat and eat McDonalds all the time. Its really not true, and although most Asian people will have grown to accept it (I have seen a YouTube video called "How to do an Asian accent !!" where an Asian person (who had a very American-sounding accent might I add) spoke in a stereotypical accent), it may be very offensive to some. Most of the times I've come across people talking like that was to take the p*** out of people from the Orient.

I'm no over-the-top Tumblr "Everthing is discrimination" kind of person, but that in my eyes is very stereotypical/racist.

And yes, I understand racism. The kind of people who don't is those who shout "RACISM!!1!!!!!1!!" if someone states another's colour (while describing them).

Stereotyping and racism are two completely different things, what you describe is indeed stereotyping, but it's not in the remotest bit racist.  Racism is when someone believes someone else is inferior to them based solely on the color of their skin (or their religious beliefs) and singles them out or tries to restrict their fredom because of it, I.e. white only male toilets are racist, male toilets are not.  

Haha indeed, in another forum I'm a member of there's a thread about that too and the general tounge in cheek opinion (from a woman) was if women want true equality then they need to start emptying the bins, sweep the roads and standing up to go to the toilet...  It didn't go down well with her fellow women but the men had as good laugh.

18 hours ago, ChessingtonSam said:

substituting the "L"s for "R"s is stereotyping, and is actually pretty racist towards people from Asia.

And yes, I understand racism.

Rather proving you don't while saying you do does not mean you do. 

Whatever,  this is off topic now. Back on topic...

What's the best music at Chessington then? Clearly the answer is Bubbleworks, anyone going to try and disagree?!