Thorpe Park 2022

Glitch

• 1 month later...

Really though.. Does anyone have any predictions for 2022?

I suppose there won't be much changing at all considering Exodus is around the corner, and of course nothing has been announced or hinted at.

I'd assume it'll be another year heavily focussing on events?

I did see on Instagram recently they put out a 'would you prefer' poll, with 2 styles of circus branding for a new Carnival event. (Probably should have taken a screenshot)

#BIGTOP2K22

I'm beginning to wonder if it'll even open in March now due to Covid - there's so much unknown isn't there!

• 2 weeks later...

It's that time of year where we look forward to the new season. Obviously everyone here is much more excited for the 23/24 season when *fingers crossed* the new coaster will be built but for now at least we can watch progress in real time of quite possibly one of the best coasters ever to be built in the UK if not at Thorpe Park. 

To kick off this thread, Park Vibes has been confirmed to be returning for this season.

• JoshC. pinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...

Worth noting that along with Rocky Express and Timber Tug Boat leaving the Rides Listing page, so too has Wet Wet Wet: https://www.thorpepark.com/explore/theme-park/rides/

Though it did not open at all last year, it was still listed on the website: https://web.archive.org/web/20210918113557/https://www.thorpepark.com/explore/theme-park/rides/

Interesting if Timber leaves and Lumber stays. I would have thought that ripping out Wet Wet Wet and replacing it with Timber and Lumber would have created a nice little family friendly area, with those two, Flying Fish, Depth Charge and the Beach.

Could Rocky Express and Timber Tug Boat receive a nautical refresh,and along with Lumber Jump be relocated to the Wet Wet Wet site. The footprint of the Waterslide is probably large enough for 3 rides. In conflict I have heard that Thorpe have sold Rocky Express and Timber Tug Boat. To my knowledge Timber Tug Boat is going to Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach. I don’t know and have been wondering for months where Rocky Express is going,could someone please enlighten me?. I would be highly grateful for information on the fate of Rocky Express. I would like to know as providing it is remaining in England I will go to it’s new location. Any information on the fate 

55 minutes ago, Theme Park Fanatic said:

Could Rocky Express and Timber Tug Boat receive a nautical refresh,and along with Lumber Jump be relocated to the Wet Wet Wet site. The footprint of the Waterslide is probably large enough for 3 rides. In conflict I have heard that Thorpe have sold Rocky Express and Timber Tug Boat. To my knowledge Timber Tug Boat is going to Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach. I don’t know and have been wondering for months where Rocky Express is going,could someone please enlighten me?. I would be highly grateful for information on the fate of Rocky Express. I would like to know as providing it is remaining in England I will go to it’s new location. Any information on the fate 

Rocky Express is currently still at Thorpe Park, untouched.

It is highly unlikely that it will be moved elsewhere.

The park have announced 2 new events: Mardi Gras and Carnival. Mardi Gras takes places in May/June, and Carnival in July/August. These accompany Oktoberfest (September) and Fright Nights (October):

The descriptions for the new events do sound reasonably similar. And with Oktoberfest too, it is 3 events which sound incredibly similar at heart, just dressed with different colours.

It's good to see the park diversify and include more events. But hopefully they are sufficiently different and worthwhile in their own right.

Interestingly, it appears that ParkVibes isn’t returning for 2022… I wonder why that is? Was it not hugely successful or something? I’ll admit I didn’t notice a huge difference when I visited during ParkVibes other than the themed flags and some slightly altered audio in places, but I heard other people who seemed to enjoy it.

This lineup sounds really solid, though; I’m particularly interested to see what Carnival ends up being like, seeing as I’m assuming that Mardi Gras will be fairly similar to Towers’ one, whereas Carnival is unique to Thorpe!

6 hours ago, Mattgwise said:

No one knows. Try to stop worrying about it and wait until the park say something OR March 25th you can visit the park, see for yourself and then tell all of us the final outcome. 

@Mattgwise I live in Plymouth so unfortunately Thorpe is a near on 5 hour drive from me. I wish I lived in Surrey so I could have unlimited visits to Thorpe and Chessington. Until the age of 7 and 362 days my Parents and I resided in New Malden a town about a 5 minute drive away from both parks. In all the years Surrey was our home I only visited Chessington once,this was 3 weeks before we moved down South. As for Thorpe I visited as a baby/toddler with my Grandparents,Mum and elder Cousin. Ironically my Grandparents and Cousin who already lived in Plymouth visited Thorpe numerous times. My Grandparents and Cousin were even at Thorpe the day the fire occurred. Due to this occurrence my Cousin who’s 30 later this year has nicknamed Thorpe Park Fire Park.

Now I’ve given you my bio I think we should get back onto the subject. Finally I apologise for any boredom caused by my post

On 2/12/2022 at 5:15 PM, Theme Park Fanatic said:

Hi does anyone know if Rocky Express, Timber Tug Boat and Lumber Jump,have left Thorpe? Personally I hope that these family friendly rides are relocated within The Island Like No Other.

As has been said, we won't know until the park officially confirm.

However, I highly believe that Rocky Express will just stay where it is until it needs to be ripped out, Timber Tug Boat will go to a different park and Lumber Jump will be relocated within the park. 

Well I’m glad that’s not one ride less, shall have to see what it looks like come opening.

Can maybe see Timber Tug getting a new home elsewhere in the resort, but maybe not Rocky which is a shame, but has maybe had a good run. 

Think we may have an interesting season ahead of us, especially with the new events and potential construction beginnings.

I guess Lumber Jump was probably the easiest one to move. Glad to see it being retained, though!

And is it me, or do the name and graphic imply that it might be themed around one of those fairground strength tester-type things, where you hit a hammer and it goes up a certain amount dependant on the force of your hit? That could just be me being completely weird and making that up, though…

I’m also curious as to where in Amity Cove this might go, as I’m not sure there’s a huge amount of space in Amity. Although I guess this won’t require much space, in fairness.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thorpe park have uploaded a new accessibility video showing new updates such as a new RAP queue line for Nemesis inferno, new signage, new evacuation procedures for swarm and most importantly, the old Depth Charge photo booth has now been completely demolished and replaced by planting ect…

BC747799-2D44-49B8-9E20-E4B8C8CEC9F3.png

A432BB3D-AD56-4856-A55B-59D4476E8854.png