Thorpe Park 2022

Glitch

Talking about things returning wouldn’t it be awesome if Rocky Express is rethemed into a Circus Train. Thorpe could create a new Land themed around a Circus. This area could be a retheme of Angry Birds Land. Furthermore The Big Top could be located in this area. A Family Maze could be constructed within. Come October the Family Maze could be transformed into a Horror attraction for Fright Nights.

14 hours ago, Theme Park Fanatic said:

Talking about things returning wouldn’t it be awesome if Rocky Express is rethemed into a Circus Train. Thorpe could create a new Land themed around a Circus. This area could be a retheme of Angry Birds Land. Furthermore The Big Top could be located in this area. A Family Maze could be constructed within. Come October the Family Maze could be transformed into a Horror attraction for Fright Nights.

Carnival is just an event not a new land. 

Hi one and all I have created this petition. It is too save/relocate Rocky Express. This ride is symbolic to Thorpe Park and has been enjoyed by multiple people and generations. As this Ride is one of the most popular Family Rides, on The Island Like No Other I consider it integral that it’s saved. A signature may not seem a lot,normally I would agree. Rocky Express is one of a kind and has recently been refurbished. Please please please sign my Petition. Each signature will be the equivalent of me winning The Lottery. Many Thanks in advance for signing my Petition!!

Could all forum members please take 5 minutes to sign my petition? 

Many Thanks Theme Park Fanatic

https://chng.it/BY45dTNyYk

New audio updates 

Seems to have new audio telling people what to do on Colossus and Nemesis Inferno. (Ride restrictions, Place bags in baggage hold ect) It’s pretty frequent, so takes away from the soundtrack but pretty well done and themed to the ride.

29 minutes ago, ChessingtonSam said:

Both whole area, and both playing the old soundtracks

Very strange. Can hear it around 35 mins in the TPW vlog. 

Is this an intentional change or just a mistake as it sounds like something used once before and they do sometimes incorrectly change

It does seem like an intentional change. but hopefully its one that won't last long. There is no need to play it round the whole area.

On another note its nice to hear the original soundtrack around Colossus again, the far superior track in my opinion. Just wish they'd turn it up, and the station audio.

Also worth noting Swarms station was completely silent last week - not sure if this was a one off? 

Presumably this is happening then, given some posters for Carnival appeared around Trailers. It being taken down means it probably just wasn't meant to go live / be seen yet.

I don't want to jump the gun too much. But damn, I'm going to say it now.

This will not work.

Scare mazes do not work in UK theme parks outside of Halloween.

It didn't work when Thorpe opened Freakshow 3D in summer 2005.

It didn't work when Thorpe opened Saw Alive year round (beyond its opening year, which was admittedly good at capitalizing off the Saw brand and ride hyper).

It didn't work when Chessington opened the Twilight Zone in April 2010.

It didn't work when Towers open Sanctuary in early 2013.

It didn't work when Thorpe opened Living Nightmare / Saw in summer 2018.

It. Does. Not. Work.

The maze might be good. The experience might be good. But the masses just don't care for mazes outside of Halloween; the demand isn't there. Maybe this will be different with it being an upcharge. But I just don't see it happening. In Summer 2018, when the park opened one of Saw / Living Nightmare as part of the Year of Walking Dead events, they rarely had a queue beyond 10 minutes. Yet in the same year at Halloween, they were attracting 2 hour queues. Now add in the upcharge, how popular and worthwhile will it be?

As I say, I don't want to jump the gun. Maybe the "Breakout at Bozo's" tagline might make it a more jovial experience? And tbh, I shouldn't complain too much, since, y'know, I'll do it, and I'll enjoy it. But still, I think from a wider business perspective, it's a bad call.

I stand by my prediction of just a load of ruddy clowns throughout it.  

Agree with the above, my first thought was exactly "SAW Alive outside of Halloween didn't work out, and that wasn't even an upcharge".

I'm not convinced the general public are still super enamoured with the idea of upcharges on top of the entrance fee.

At least the price is more reasonable than Fright Nights!

Will be interesting to see how popular this will be, as others have said even when they're free they don't tend to get a queue. Black mirror hardly even gets a queue these days.

Issue is time and time again, Thorpe mistake fan hype and GP hype. No one cares about a mid July scare maze, they won’t know it’s their main high quality  scare maze. The fans love it, but what happens to the maze mid week when they are at work or cannot afford to do it again. Does it dwindle off?

I don’t know how they will twist it to fit a good vibe summer event which attracts everyone. But I knew as soon as they announced carnivals, they couldn’t get away from the fright nights clowns.

Should have just kept it as a Park Vibes/ Mardi Gras mashup. 

Broken screens is a common theme there!

The big 'queue' screen wasn't working 2 weeks ago, but was working last Friday.

All the screens in the Swarm queue weren't working last Friday.

And other random screens around the park in queue lines were either not working or just had Thorpe logo & a link to 'events'

🤣

Oh and Samurai broke down with people on it towards the end of the day last Friday.  😂  Not that high up, though. Maybe 10-20feet & all seated/facing a comfortable position 👍

Still, enjoyed it :)