Thorpe Park Hotel

Deleted Users

For a comparative study as a normal guests to Thorpe Park you won't get on all the rides in one day. For a start theres schemes such as Fastrack to halt your progress, closed rides or rides running on reduced capacity (Rush, Stealth). Let us compare to Europa Park where even with all rides running theres just to much to do in 9 hours to fit it all in. I went twice this year and must have missed out half the park in the process.. this on a 9am-8pm day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I believe KC is right Peter, the hotel would have taken 18 months to build according to planning application. The hotel ground works haven't even started, so I do not think that it will be for 2009, possibly not enough money or other problems.

Similar size to Chessingtons hotel, which groundwork started sometime around june 06, opened in july 07. Its not too late at all - they haven't mentioned when in 09 they want it opened :P

• 2 weeks later...

Do you mean to say that the huge lake next to where the farm once was is going to be infilled to make space for the hotel and a huge carpark? when they could have used that to build more coasters and expand the park! Wouldn't using the rest of that lake in front of the Colossus queue line be a better alternative? Once of course they've finished construction on the Euro-Fighter! :):(

• 1 year later...

2nd April 2009THORPE PARK’S WATERSIDE HOTEL DEVELOPMENT APPROVEDTHORPE PARK is delighted to announce that on Wednesday 1st April, the Runnymede Borough Council resolved to grant outline planning permission for the proposed development of the waterside hotel with unanimous support from the planning committee. Merlin Entertainments Group, who owns the theme park, is committed to continual investment in the long-term success of THORPE PARK and these proposals are central to this. A hotel will not only enhance the quality of experience for day guests to the Park but also responds to growing customer demands for quality short break tourist destinations. Chris Edge, Head of Development at THORPE PARK comments: “We are very pleased that the planning committee recognised the economic benefits that the development will bring to the local area. This is a fantastic development, which we believe will secure the future of the theme park in a very competitive leisure industry, whilst also securing 300 new jobs which are needed in these difficult economic times.”THORPE PARK is one of the top five employers in the area and, with a hotel operating all year round the Park will be able to provide more full time jobs, as well as other spin-off benefits to the local community with associated spending by the hotel, guests and its staff. Additionally, by increasingly offering activity for 365 days a year, and spreading customer visits more evenly, this will reduce the peaks in traffic movements and improve the operation of the Park.The hotel development follows on from the success of THORPE PARK's latest thrill installation, SAW - The Ride. The world’s first ever horror-movie themed rollercoaster included a total investment of £13.5m and joins an impressive portfolio of rides and attractions that have taken the Park’s total investment to over £50m in the past 10 years, including investment in improved infrastructure and customer service.- Ends -

Sounds interesting! I expect these are the plans which were granted. They mention that it will 'reduce peaks in traffic movement' of customers, surely the hotel will only attract more people and even out the customer levels to a higher rate, so peak times occur more often? I expect that makes no sense to anyone <_< Also, before anyone says "OH APRIL FOOLS" - it's from the offical press page of the park! Here.

I hope this either turns out to be a fake or it turns out that the hotel is happening way in the future, I noticed that most parks that get a hotel put so much money and time into it that rides are not added for several years, I would hate to see this happen to thorpe park, I think the place has alot of potential and is starting to become a much better park.

2003:Posted Image2005:Posted Image2008:Posted ImageTwo new islands behind stealth, as well as a connecting ridge; all infilled since 2005, and both look ready for development. Thinking about it, TP owns most of the land surrounding the main park; so just think how different the land could look in another 5-10 years.

I have to say, this hotel looks to be a promising investment for Thorpe, even though it may prove extremely costly, and therefore postpone any new rides to be added in the near future, think of the long-term positives; the park will be making massive profits and so eventually, we could see major developments to the park.

It will be a crappy chain hotel, end of.

I was thinking more of a 4* modernish hotel. If you look on the TP website home page, there is a picture of a hotel room under "Thorpe Breaks". I would imagine it to look something like that inside. Hopefully it will be of a similar standard to the hotel recently built on the CWOA site.