Thorpe Park Hotel

Deleted Users

I think a hotel would be great as it will make the park popular all year round but for those people who like to go march april time to get out of the queues probaly will get frustrated as queues will be longer most of the year and if it is to have a water park (which I dought it will have) then they could get rid of the beach and depth charge and build other rides. Also this may allow for thorpe to let morepeople into the park.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think that a hotel is a good idea! This is simply because the park is not big enough. Only massive parks like Universal Studios and Disneyworld can get away with this and they don't need a water park to sustain guests. Would'nt it be better to fill in the lakes and build more thrill rides and roller coasters rather then spending money on a hotel which won't attract many guests. A hotel is a BAD idea!!!

I don't think that a hotel is a good idea! This is simply because the park is not big enough. Only massive parks like Universal Studios and Disneyworld can get away with this and they don't need a water park to sustain guests. Would'nt it be better to fill in the lakes and build more thrill rides and roller coasters rather then spending money on a hotel which won't attract many guests. A hotel is a BAD idea!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is lake being infilled as we speak. I think they should put the hotel in when the lake is infillled. I know this is years and years to come

The lake infilling we can see going on at the moment is not for the Hotel though, the hotel is going on what I can presume is the old quarry site from the plans. The infilling behind Tidal Wave at the moment is making a link to Treasure Island so lorries can get over there easily to clear it out for future development.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's a good idea, especially doing the special events such as frite nites where you won't feel as rushed to get out the park just so you don't miss the last train.With the park's proposed expansion of three times its current size, a hotel is a good direction for the future and by the time the park has expanded a hotel would already be in place to be prepared for the larger park.

• 3 months later...

The time that thorpe finishes building the hotel, its likely that the lake will have been filled, and so much more will be on offer to guests. Many more coasters and flats will have been erected, giving so much more for guests. Tussauds would not go spending money if they dont think it will be profitable or they cannot afford it, they must know what there doing or else they wouldnt.Therefore staying at the hotel for 2nights will give you more of a chance to do as you please for the days you are staying, and will hopefully be in thorpes favor and profits will help towards future rides.Thats just my opinion towards it, I would like to stay in the hotel for a few nights and experience the hotel for myself, if they make a good job of it, I'm sure they will be suscessful.

Well, you can't just fill the whole lake in just like that. You either:a: Empty lake, but this would cost a LOT of moneyb: Compensation areas. You have to build these first, if you are going to create the islands stated on the MTDP. Most of the flat rides in Lost City will be placed on these islands, including: Samurai, Rush, Vortex, Quantum and Zodiac, more or less. And BTW, TP is only getting one coaster between now and 2009.

Compensation areas are already being dug. We walked past the one which is situated on the field to the side of the Cemex site, or more importantly the propsed hotel site. Maybe now the Farm is closed they can dig the compensation lake there aswell.I still think the Hotel will be an excellent idea. Means people from abroad will come and stay (especally with heathrow not far off), also possible return of ERT and all that. And you have to remember that the park will have expanded by then - 2009 will make Thorpe Park's 6th coaster - alton has eight.So all in all. Thumbs up.

Compensation areas are already being dug. We walked past the one which is situated on the field to the side of the Cemex site, or more importantly the propsed hotel site. Maybe now the Farm is closed they can dig the compensation lake there aswell.I still think the Hotel will be an excellent idea. Means people from abroad will come and stay (especally with heathrow not far off), also possible return of ERT and all that. And you have to remember that the park will have expanded by then - 2009 will make Thorpe Park's 6th coaster - alton has eight.So all in all. Thumbs up.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Totally agree with you there, looking at the plans for land filling and hotel etc. If thorpe's plans go well, I'm sure they can pull it off. - Sabastian, I was going on about when thorpe build more coasters, not just the 2009 one.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think its a great idea, I think if you have an annual pass you should get money of the stay or a presidential suite upgrade. also if you dont have an annual pass, you should be able to get into the park for free just as long as you stay in the hotel.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

but, that kinda ruins the whole prospect of having a hotel if you stay in the park for free?

The hotel is a good idea, but not so soon! They need to delay it a few more years until some more coasters have been built & the park covers a much larger area.The park does have the pottential to be huge if the council approve of expansion, when you look at TP on Google Earth the lakes surrounding the current ride area are huge, about a mile across & there's 3 of them, so if Tussaud's can invest on building land right over them and across where the farm was than I think TP will probably be about as big as Alton Towers so than it would be able to get away with having a hotel! :blink::mellow:

Thorpe Park does own quite alot of land, granted. Howver, the only problem that they have when infilling lakes is that they have to compensate the water lost by flooding another area.This therefore, becomes very difficult when there is literally no room left. Can you imagine when Thorpe finally reach that point? They will then regret doing things the way that they have been, and when there is literally no room left to build, things will either have to be removd- o sore subject, or things will have to be looked at again and improved (like that's gonna happen).The idea of a hotel at Thorpe is an ambitious one, I just hope they can pull it off....

• 2 months later...

It would't be too soon if the rides at Thorpe had more substance to them. Lets face it, apart from queueing up you wouldn't stay in any one area for long. Where as id the rides had more to look at, explore and discover then people could stay in canada creek for hours at a time and really feel that they can't make it around the whole park to see everything. This is what phantasialand does. Phantasialand is smaller, has less huge rides yet out of the 3 times I have been I have never been able to go around the whole park (most queues were only 30-40 mins max for big rides and they had no break downs). Theres just too much to do and see and experience. You dont wanna miss a glimpse, I promise you.