Thorpe Park Hotel

Deleted Users

Remember, the infilling in those pictures is not where the hotel is planned to be and any infilling of any kind, needs to be compensated by sinking else where. They can't just loose water when they feel like it!

where is the hotel planned to be? and now what plans to go on the new islands and the farm?

Thats good I will be staying there without a doubt.

Me too, although this is fantastic news. At last, the debate can stop about when one is coming, and work can begin.

It will be a crappy chain hotel, end of.

Although it's good news, I have my suspicions too. I looked forward to Chessington's hotel during its construction and was quite surprised when it opened under a Holiday Inn brand. Either Merlin go with one name (like Holiday Inn) for all their hotels, including the Alton ones, or they don't at all. Simple. Mix 'n' matching isn't good.

There's nothing wrong with chain hotels. The Chessington one is a fantastic hotel. And that is run by Holiday Inn, one of the supposed dreaded hotel chains.

Yes, the Chessie one is OK, it's modern, smart and on your doorstep, but it is a Holiday Inn.I'm still a little confused as to where it will go, as are others, but hey, it may be so close to the park we can all feel the rumble from Nemesis and Colossus.

Me too, although this is fantastic news. At last, the debate can stop about when one is coming, and work can begin.

Rumours have it that the hotel won't open until 2013 (2012 pushing it), so another roller coaster (which would have been manufactured for 2012 would have just opened).

The hotel will be built on the land beside the main car park. To give you a better feel, the way in by car will be off the small round-about and over the current coach car park (NOT the main staines round-about). I believe they were (it will probs never happen), throwing the idea around of having a boat link for hotel guests into the park.

Thorpe's coaster are on a 3 year schedule since Nemesis Inferno - (2003), Stealth (2006) and SAW (2009), it's expected that the next major coaster at Thorpe will be built in 2012. Inferno was built just a year after Colossus to help manage the enormous new gate figures that Colossus brought in, since then, the 3 year schedule was instated. :P

^The park stated during the 'Behind The Loops' tour last year that they are working on a 3 year coaster basis. In other words, a coaster is added every 3 years. (This has been happening since 2003, with Inferno, then Stealth, then SAW). The park probably don't want this to change, so that they can get enough money for a very good attraction, add 'support rides', etc. and so Merlin can focus on other attractions.(Mr. Hicks beat me to it!)

• 1 month later...

^The park stated during the 'Behind The Loops' tour last year that they are working on a 3 year coaster basis. In other words, a coaster is added every 3 years. (This has been happening since 2003, with Inferno, then Stealth, then SAW).

Just putting this up again, to reiterate really. I'm 99% sure the park are planning their next coaster for 2012.As for the hotel opening itself, it is most likely to be built for 2013. This means the park has the chance to expand, use some of the new islands and have a new coaster open and some new flats most likely. This would be logically, as no one year is too expensive for them (or Merlin) and no one year would be to congested. However, it could be for 2012 to help accommodate with the Olympic tourists.

If I wa Thorpe Park, I'd open TP Hotel with themed rooms (like AT hotel) eg.()Stealth Room - Themed around a racetrack()Tidal Wave Room - Like a Wave has just hit it()Colossus Room - Themed around a lost temple()Nemesis Room - Themed around a Pompei-like room (next to Versuvious(Nemesis Inferno))()SAW Room - Room in a warehouse with blood and body parts()X:\NO WAY OUT Room - Very Sci-Fi()Calypso Room - Tropical Rainforest()Canada Creek Room - Canadian Areaand then the rest could be normal()Adventure Rooms - A Basic Hotel RoomJust an Idea

I'm 99% sure the park are planning their next coaster for 2012.As for the hotel opening itself, it is most likely to be built for 2013. This means the park has the chance to expand, use some of the new islands and have a new coaster open and some new flats most likely. This would be logically, as no one year is too expensive for them (or Merlin) and no one year would be to congested. However, it could be for 2012 to help accommodate with the Olympic tourists.

I've heard it was for 2011, but later than '11 would seem more sensible, because as you mention, new islands. Look at Saw, it was 2007 the land for it was infilled, then it was left for a year and a bit before work started on Saw itself. It's gotta give itself time to adjust, just like the land along Colossus' loops is doing this year, ready for next year. If they infill some land for a new coaster in 2010, the the chances are construction will be in 2011, ready for 2012.

If I wa Thorpe Park, I'd open TP Hotel with themed rooms (like AT hotel) eg.()Stealth Room - Themed around a racetrack()Tidal Wave Room - Like a Wave has just hit it()Colossus Room - Themed around a lost temple()Nemesis Room - Themed around a Pompei-like room (next to Versuvious(Nemesis Inferno))()SAW Room - Room in a warehouse with blood and body parts()X:\NO WAY OUT Room - Very Sci-Fi()Calypso Room - Tropical Rainforest()Canada Creek Room - Canadian Areaand then the rest could be normal()Adventure Rooms - A Basic Hotel RoomJust an Idea

You're idea gives me an idea. Alton have got Extraordinary Golf based on their rides - Thorpe should do one too!