Thorpe Park Hotel

Deleted Users

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

If it is opened as a Holiday Inn hotel (like the one at chessington) then it probably wont be operated by merlin.The Holiday inn at chessington is not operated by merlin. It is operated by a large national chain (BDL Hotels) who operate many holiday inn hotels under franchise nationwide. The majority of holiday inn hotels are operated under franchise from the owner of the holiday inn brand.So if it does turn out to be a Branded chain hotel it would relieve merlin of the expensive hotel operating costs and leave them to run the park.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

That's great news. Look forward to staying at the hotel when it opens. Any way earlier in the topic someone mentioned a SAW themed room, I think that most people will have a problem with waking up in the morning and finding a corpse (fake obviously) sliced open, stuck in a trap with body parts and innards scattered across the room. I'll definitely pass on that idea :P. I've been told that there will be a ride linked to the hotel.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This hotel seems a great idea for Thorpe ;) , however I do not feel it will be run by Merlin.I have a gut feeling that as Legoland are building their hotel for 2012, Thorpe's hotel will be some what pushed aside... :P Its a shame but I can see it coming. Anyone know when its actually supposed to open to guests? <_<

• 1 year later...

Just as I was getting really excited for The Swarm...

Thorpe Park have submitted a new planning application to Runnymede council, featuring amendments to their Waterside Hotel.If the new plans are passed it will see the hotel built in two phases, with the second being dependant on the success of the first phase. Three wings of the hotel have been cut short, with plans for extension.The new hotel will be built on the banks of the parks lake, and themed accordingly. The Hotels two restaurants will overlook a large decking area on the banks of the lake, in an almost dockyard like style. A Waterbus to a Terminal in the park will also run from the Hotel.The entrance to the hotel will be in a double height foyer, with a bar at the back, and conference facilities for Businesses located nearby. This will take the need for the Conference centre in the park away, freeing up space, within the land restricted park.It is unsure when the hotel will be completed by, but if the presumed opening date of 2013 is to be believed, then groundwork should begin early next year.

From Merlin ManiaPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageLooks good to me :)

I remember hearing when Thorpe done the: 'BUY A DAY TICKET AND COME BACK TOMORROW FOR £1' deal it was only to show they were a good enough attraction to be worth revisiting. This would help argue their case in planning a hotel as people would actually stay in it. Could be some competition for Alton if Thorpe were to improve park wide theming massively, sort out zoning issues and make the surrounding area more aesthetically pleasing like Alton's hotel...

Questionable as to how successful this would be with the target market (based upon Towers prices, depends if they do a Chessie and have an external company run it).Those old plans look fab though, love the old ideas a lot tbh. Just not sure whether there is a demand for a hotel for Thorpe (similar for Chessie and Lego tbh but Chessie's hasn't done TOO badly). Though I'm sure the Northern contingent won't be complaining.Give it one thing though, fab location on the waterside, could give off some great views of Swarm.

This would be very handy for meets :DDepnding on prices of course, if it's like Towers' prices then maybe not :( :PI'm not too sure what to say about how much demand there is for a hotel at Thorpe, but I am sure it will be worth the money, when you think about how busy it can get there and the distances some people travel to get there! When I worked there in 2008 I had people making comments about low ride counts and needing more time etc, so in 2012 I'm sure it will be very beneficial! :)

Awesome! The dockyard theme/style mentioned could fit in with Amity Cove if they wanted to go down that route of theming matching with what's in park... or they could just have the hotel fairly un-themed like Chessington with a few hints of theming here and there. Agreed with the location by the waterside, this is going to be a really great location and an awesome view from the windows right next to the lake! Let's just hope it all goes ahead as planned. :)

I hope they just get this sorted and progress with it at last. I know it's a big decision for the park to add a hotel but surely it will be profitable...The theme looks good and the views of the park from front-facing rooms will be amazing! The only thing I would be worried about is pricing, but surely it would have to be kept competitive with Chessington's hotel, which wouldn't be too bad, we just don't want Alton's pricing!!