Nemesis

Dan9

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There has not been a Nemesis T Shirt on sale at Alton Towers for many seasons! ;)

I know this is an old quote, but I'm pretty sure this Friday/Saturday they had some in what I think was the Air shop (I'm not sure), with just the logo on celebrating 20 years of Nemesis! I know they're properly celebrating the 21st anniversary, but I definitely saw these in a shop, not sure if it was Air though. They looked really nice to be honest. Random I know, but I'd just thought I'd point this out if nobody knew.

Apart from that, had my first ever ride (and visit to AT!) of Nemesis on Friday, and wow is all I can say. Definitely one of my new favourite rides ever. We also did back row yesterday and that was one of the most intense ride experiences (on a roller coaster, at least), I've ever had! Loved it.

• 4 months later...

I have seen a few rumours flying around that they might do a swarm type backwards conversion with this all because of a picture that said coming soon on it plus with it saying "Neme21s". I think its stupid and people are making things up but I think it would be horrid if it got a mrawS or namtaB conversion. Hopefully its just a celebratory 21st birthday cake...

10995688_10153032808706201_7562405634196

Yeah I think its deffo coming from the "sit back" term used but let's hope this isn't a teaser like the swarms "sting in its tail" sort of thing. But yeah I highly doubt anything will happen, I just thought I'd bring up a rumour I had heard around lol

That's just the tagline for Nemesis! Was heavily used as the branding back in the day! Not some made up stuff. Maybe they are literally saying Nemesis is 21, and it's coming soon? Why does that photo have to mean anything other than it's turning 21?

But let's spark rumours!!!! We know B&M produce backwards chasis for inverted coasters with 8 rows... and Nemesis was on one train over Feb Half Term with the other locked away.... so must be going backwards.

well.... we said the loggers tunnel was coming back and no ones believed me... were see who's right on Saturday 

For the record - not aiming anything mean at your website; simply just the the rumour in general.

True or not, the idea is ridiculous.  Turning any part of the train around is a silly idea in my opinion.  Nemesis has regularly been a top 10 coaster in the world - why go against all that for a cheap gimmick to try and bring in more guests.  Don't they see that Nemesis is in itself a draw enough?

I know a friend who has a dog who barked in a way that sounded like sisemen so it must be true.

Maybe people just don't believe the rumour because it seems so far fetched and is a silly idea (so actually... what with this being Merlin we should be believing it). Just imagine what Wardley would say.

john5.jpg

"Varney.... what was wrong with it going the right way? Look at this scowl and tell me! You shall regret this!"