Nemesis

Dan9

Very impressed with the Nemesis repaint so far, for a 22 year old ride.

It looks brand new! Interesting how they've decided to change it up slightly from the original, I'm just praying all this Nemesis TLC does include the rivers & smoke effects! A new looking ride is great but its all the additional features that add to the overall experience.

Also that station looks alive, we may need to call the Phalanx back!  :lol:

Very impressed with the Nemesis repaint so far, for a 22 year old ride.

It looks brand new! Interesting how they've decided to change it up slightly from the original, I'm just praying all this Nemesis TLC does include the rivers & smoke effects! A new looking ride is great but its all the additional features that add to the overall experience.

Also that station looks alive, we may need to call the Phalanx back! :lol:

Pray for the blood river!

Pray for the blood river!

Considering they couldn't even be bothered to make a proper drain system for Smiler...

Well, that's more because some numpty said the ground was a certain type and it wasn't so they had to concrete it all to ensure that the ride wouldn't fall apart...

Obviously that didn't work, because the contractors were useless...

I'm sure that's not just the case, and Merlin are the ones who insist on often hiring the cheapest contractors they can get. There is no excuse for not having a proper drain system where millions of guests have to walk through. It's extremely obvious to most planners and is ridiculous how it turned out.

Not gonna happen unless they build a proper filtration system...

Anyone have any idea how expensive / difficult this would be to do?

Given the effort they've put into Nemesis this year, I don't think it can be totally ruled out if it doesn't cost an arm and a leg..

Well, that's more because some numpty said the ground was a certain type and it wasn't so they had to concrete it all to ensure that the ride wouldn't fall apart...

Obviously that didn't work, because the contractors were useless...

Off topic but - No, no, no. The contractors were not in the slightest - they are the same ones responsible for construction of SAW, The Swarm and Thirteen. The (lack of) drainage system was pointed out by them during construction, but not acted upon - they were simply doing what they were told within the budget constraints.

The same contractors who put a piece of track in the wrong way around?

Saw's had a fair amount of problems too, so there's that to consider as well...

As for your question Josh, to build a full on filtration system to remove the dye and being able to dump it back into normal water? No idea, but I cant imagine it being below several hundred grand...

I should have clarified - there were two companies - one contractor to do groundworks, piling, foundations, reinforcement, station construction etc. and a different contractor dealt with the track installation (in fact, the track installation contractor is involved with DBGT judging by the site safety signs on hoardings)

Ben is right though - budgets were tight to start, and then got tighter.

• 2 weeks later...

I must admit, I got excited about it, but once you're on park, its not very noticeble. No running coloured water, the track looks frankly a bit odd white, and most of the paint is coming off already. 

Its generally looking very messy at the park, I really hope it was simply pre-opening but scruffy doesn't even come close.