Nemesis

Dan9

Top Thrill Dragster FTW! But I regretted it after; I can now no longer ride Stealth care free as I rode TTD when I was young ;) .Anyhooo, it is kind of ironic if you think about it: Nemesis was only built in the ground so that it kept within their height limit and the local council and residents wouldn't have a field day. Maybe without the height limit and residental pressures, Nemesis might not have had the same memorable and amazing themeing as it would have been able to be built on the land as it is.

• 2 weeks later...

And that is a very genuine point, we may complain about the Alton Towers Residents and the restrictions it means the theme park has got to abide by, but really it has actually helped certain rides. Nemesis would surely not of been as close to the land if it could just build up as the restrictions would of meant they had to put a lot more thought into what they were doing, to make this ride still great with a height limit and give the inverters a good name. I suppose in a way it also helped Oblivion out as well.I rode Nemesis for the first time last year and even though it wasn't as good as the hype people were giving it, I still have to say it is the best Rollercoaster in the UK from what I have been on. The theme, the close proximity to the ground, which in turn makes the speed seem even faster. Plus one thing that impressed me of the ride was that the speed stayed quite constant rather than slowing down then picking up speed again that you traditionally get with a lot of coasters. Can't wait to go on it again, now I know what to expect I'll most probably enjoy it even more.

• 1 month later...

Is it me or do both Nemesis rides have 3 inline twists each? Because I was under impression Inferno had more? And it was because of that reason I preferred Inferno.I have really warmed to Nemesis at Alton Towers since riding it for the first time nearly 3 years ago. It is legendary, I can see why people thought it was the most intense rollercoaster in the UK when it opened back in 1994. They say it still is and I disagree.Has the blood river been that red flow since it first opened?

• 3 weeks later...

Nemesis beats Nemesis Inferno every day of the week (Except possibly days it's raining it hurts your eyes because of the speed :P ) Riding Black Muamba, Dragon Kahn and Kraken is my lifetime ambition (How Sad) ;)

I must say, Nemesis is so much better than Nemesis Inferno. NI is a lot less thrilling and scary compared to its 'other half' but it's still a fun ride. Nemesis just has it all though, the theming is so much better, the track layout, the speed. I really love this ride and I can see why it's one of the worlds scariest riding experiences.

the atmosphere is fantastic all throughout the area, and queue! But when I went into the amazingly themed station, all of that eeirieness was gone when they played this anouncement which went something like this:"NEMESSISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! RIVERS OF BLOOD, CAN YOU TAKE IT!?!?" In this rubish voice. They did other anouncement like that aswell.Anyone else had the misfortune to hear that?

NEMESIS: Prepare for the freefall freedom, the ultimate experience!

This one gets played the most! Really Annoying Yet Cool!I first heard these announcments at Scarefest but then it was just a ride op saying it into microphone- which was cool!Now it's recorded and repetative- Shame ;)

I have to admit, Nemesis has come up in my opinion. I mean, it hasn't changed or anything in the last few years, but I only experienced it for the first time in 2005 (after N:I in 2004), at first it did meet me with a frosty reception as far as the ride's thrillness goes. But now I've warmed to it.The one thing I've realised only recenlty is that they both have 3 inline twists, I was under the impression Inferno had more. Perhaps Alton's Nemmie could've done with a couple more during the design process, I think a fantastic location would be after you exit the loop and go under the bridge, round to the left.

The one thing I've realised only recenlty is that they both have 3 inline twists, I was under the impression Inferno had more. Perhaps Alton's Nemmie could've done with a couple more during the design process, I think a fantastic location would be after you exit the loop and go under the bridge, round to the left.

what do you mean by inline twists? is that like corkscrews and 0-g rolls or what?

An In-line twist is basically a Zero-G roll, but it doesn't pull 0G I presume.Nemesis is Lift Hill, Corkscrew, Zero-G roll, Vertical loop, Corkscrew, Brake run.Nemesis Inferno is Pre-lift section (the longest on any B&M I believe), Lift Hill, Vertical loop, Zero- G roll, Corkscrew, Corkscrew, Helix, Helix, Brake run.

I think thats a pretty easy mistake with a lot of Inverters. The corkscrews do tend to look like inline twists but I guess it depends what angle you look at it from. Pour examplé, in this shot you can easily tell thats a corkscrew. Also, it might just be me but that looks like quite an early shot of Nemmy.

Usually when you travel through a Corkscrew, you exit slightly to the left or right of your entrance. B&M call them 'Wing-Overs' to avoid ambiguityA Zero-G Roll is an In-line Twist but manages to pull zero g's due the hump in the middle of it. In-line Twists don't have a hump, they traverse in a straight line. Think of a Zero-G Roll (both Nemesis and Nemesis Inferno's 2nd inversion) as a cross between an In-line Twist and an Air-Time Hill.

• 3 weeks later...