Nemesis

Dan9

Nemesis was almost walk on (and was from 4) all day on Sunday and the ride is running insane! World class and I believe the ride has had new wheel covers that aren't sound proofing the noise..it was SO loud, we could hear it from Hex and deafening standing in the queueline! Nodoubt the Ropers will have something to say!

With reference to the noise, this may interest you from Towers Almanac (originally from BBC News):Nemesis is 'roaring' around the track louder than ever in 2009, causing many locals to complain.More than 20 complaints were received by Staffordshire Moorlands District Council from Alton residents, who said the sound could be heard from outside the park.One local resident, Dr Jack Eardley, said: "It's loud, it's intermittent and we can hear it in every room of the house. The noise is uncharacteristic."The problem has been caused by new tyres fitted to the ride over the closed season, prompting Alton Towers to apologise to the villagers.A spokesperson for the resort said: "We are aware that there has been an issue over the noise coming from the Nemesis roller coaster this week, and we are in a position to resolve it imminently."We're very sorry that this has been an issue for some of our locals, and would like to reassure them that we will continue to monitor the situation."And also, from Towers Times:Nemesis, probably Alton Towers' most famous rollercoaster, is well known to have a "roar" as it goes around the track. This is one of the unique features of the ride and partly why it has such a well regarded reputation. However, it appears that something has happened on the trains, presumably maintainence, which has suddenly caused the roar to become twice as loud. Such is the volume of the roar, that it can be heard from other areas of the park - including Mutiny Bay, which is nearer the parks main entrance. In the queue for the ride, there is noticeably more noise as the train passes. Whilst clearly of concern for local residents, it adds even more ambience to the 1994 ride.The BBC has reported that some "villagers said the sound could be heard from their homes" and that the District Council has received 20 complaints. Whilst hardcore rollercoaster enthusiasts may relish the noise, clearly such roars between the hours of 10:00 and 5:00 (or later) every day would start to aggravate even the most understanding of local residents after a while.The park are monitoring the problem and are trying to rectify it as soon as possible. In the mean time, if you want to hear a rollercoaster roar like never before, head over to the theme park to ride on Nemesis as soon as you can!

Looks like B&M are in demand - more news from Towers Times:Complaints regarding increased noise from Nemesis, the parks oldest and most celebrated thrill rollercoaster, began a fortnight ago when the famous "roar" suddenly got louder. As reported previously, a number of calls had been made to Staffordshire Moorlands District Council in Leek calling for the park to reduce the noise. To be fair to Alton Towers, they have responded immediately, and manufacturers have been on site working with Alton Towers' Technical Services. It appears that the problem was caused by new tyres on the ride for the 2009 season. The problem is being rectified at the moment, and both trains should have new tyres on in the very near future.Some residents were fairly understanding of the problem, while others were deeply dissatisfied. The ongoing problem of noise created at the theme park has been a major local issue since Stephen and Suzanne Roper of Farley successfully secured a noise abatement order against the park in 2005. They claimed that Air, Nemesis and Oblivion made their lives a misery.Local newspaper, The Sentinel, has published an article today about the noise issues, and of 16 comments posted on the story by residents in the Stoke on Trent area, 15 are overwhelmingly in favour of the park - many claiming that the "moaning brigade" are just coming out of their shells yet again.

Looks like B&M are in demand - more news from Towers Times:Complaints regarding increased noise from Nemesis, the parks oldest and most celebrated thrill rollercoaster, began a fortnight ago when the famous "roar" suddenly got louder. As reported previously, a number of calls had been made to Staffordshire Moorlands District Council in Leek calling for the park to reduce the noise. To be fair to Alton Towers, they have responded immediately, and manufacturers have been on site working with Alton Towers' Technical Services. It appears that the problem was caused by new tyres on the ride for the 2009 season. The problem is being rectified at the moment, and both trains should have new tyres on in the very near future.Some residents were fairly understanding of the problem, while others were deeply dissatisfied. The ongoing problem of noise created at the theme park has been a major local issue since Stephen and Suzanne Roper of Farley successfully secured a noise abatement order against the park in 2005. They claimed that Air, Nemesis and Oblivion made their lives a misery.Local newspaper, The Sentinel, has published an article today about the noise issues, and of 16 comments posted on the story by residents in the Stoke on Trent area, 15 are overwhelmingly in favour of the park - many claiming that the "moaning brigade" are just coming out of their shells yet again.

Tyres? Do they mean the wheels on the train?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm soo lucky to go to alton for my first time in the summer holidays (as soon as my brother is tall enough), and, as it was my idea, I get first choice of ride! I am definitely choosing nemesis. I've been on inferno, and I bet it pales to the genuine article. the storyline is fantastic, the theming is inspired, and the lake of blood is such a cool idea, I'm itching to get on it

I'm with everyone else on the "cannot wait to get on Nemesis" vibe. I'll be heading to Alton Towers in the summer, hopefully... Nemesis is definitely top of my list, then Air which I hear is such an amazing experience XD Damn it for breaking down when we were the next riders =(

• 10 months later...