Nemesis

Dan9

Well I just relised we have no ride topics..we should have some, so ill do one. Makes sense.Well Nemesis has been considered by most as one of the greatest if not greatest coaster in the UK, some people say Europe. Now I cant say this, considering I have never ridden it, so these are just other people views, not mine. Considering its in a pit and has a fairly small drop, lots of people wonder how it picks up so much speed. I'll say dont question it, just enjoy it :(.Share your views and reviews of Altons Main Coaster.

I'm a Nemmy enthusiast. Have been since I first rode it in 1994.I'd say it's definately one of the best coasters in the UK. I can't say it's THE best, as I haven't ridden them all yet, but I'd say it has to be top 5.Nothing compares to Nemesis, it's amazing. Everything about the ride adds to the intensity.I HATE it, when rides (especially in America) are just dumped on concrete - so called "car park coasters". they lack any sort of theme and this spoils it for me.Nemesis is good because of the theme heavy design. But, given the track design is better than any other coaster I've ridden, this helps too.An awesome ride in every respect!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Now, ive done both & found that inferno (in comparison) wasnt actually that bad.. infact, somewhat out performed its original.Dont get me wrong or anything, I was geared up to ride nemesis thinking it was going to be the dogs, so much better then inferno etc etc. But didnt live up to all the buzz & hype 'atmosphere' that people had created. Great ride & everything, but, nothing special. I think its the thought of it being the first steel & everything that puts people in a frame of mind that it is actually better.

So Chaz, you're telling me that the poorly themed Nemesis Inferno is better than the fully themed, intensity of Nemesis at Alton Towers?I would rather prefer riding nemmie all day than the Thorpe Park version. Ok I like the interlocked corkscrews section of Inferno, but it does'nt beat the feeling of being dragged into a pit at 50 MPH over the station into a Zero G roll.Not the best Inverter I have been on though. Black Mamba at Phantasialand in Germany is my No.1 Inverter. They spent as much on the themeing as they did on the ride, but Nemmie is kicking at it's heels.

Its interesting you say that Whiteknuckle as Black Mamba actually helped me to like Inferno more. I used to hate Inferno but once I'd ridden Phantasialands version a few times I found myself able to appreciate Inferno more. Nemesis is my favourite but I find it more because of the story, the setting and the background behind it rather than the actual experience. I find the problem I had with Nemesis is that it does have this legendary status hooked onto it and as good as it is, it will never quite live up to it for a lot of first-timers who have already ridden Nemesis Inferno. That being said both of our Nemesis's are supreior to Batman La Fuga, man that ride is dull. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nobody knows where it came from, Nobody knows what it wantsThere are theories and then there is the legendNemesis came from another dimension, a dimension beyond our imaginationIts tragedy is that it has no home, it has suffered rejection throughout the solar system.It could not communicate or make itself understood, no civilisation anywhere, in any galaxy could come to terms with its awesome power, its brooding unpredictability. Its Mind.Bewildered and afraid, mentally tortured by not knowing its origins, people turned against it, they fought it. They used everything against it.But Nemesis has no fear.They were mere irritants to Nemesis, to be swatted away like flies.It left to seek sanctuary but it searched in vein. Unwanted, it was jetisoned towards earth two million years ago. It has remained here since drawing its energy from the earths core. For centuries people were drawn to the mysterious place where it was thought to lay buried.They paid homage to the power, they bought gifts.They gave their souls.Its resting place become a mystical place, a place of worship. few pilgrims returned to lead a normal life.Such was their disturbance, such was the gravity of what they felt. Often these Meddlers met mysterious ends. Crazed by their findings, driven mad by the force.Some simply disapeared leaving only their fears.Nemesis was to disturbing, it defied Scientific explanation. It was left to brood in peace.Unexplained, its existance denied. Sanctuary at last... Until todayNemesis was discovered during routine maintenace work in the Forbidden valley at Alton Towers. A group of workmen complained of dizzy spells, of an uncontrollable force drawing them to the place where the shadows of two giant oak trees met. The force was overpowering, they were compelled to dig, to seek the source. What they discovered defies description.The Nemesis had been disturbed, the sanctuary it had saught for so many billions of years broken.It was awakeIt thrashed crazily in the earth, removing all before it. Like a giant excavator it sent trees and small buildings hurtling skywards. Dementedly it unleashed its anger at being discovered, crazily it formed the pit you see today.A security silence fell over Alton Towers while archaelogists and historians nervouslly investigated. Eventually they sescribed their worst fears. This Was NEMESIS.Nemesis had to be controlled.It took 250 tons of steel, and 200 men. Not ordinary men, not ordinary steel. Pinned down by this massive structure it tries to escape, steaming anger. We meerly irritants now ride it, fueling its annoyance. It is controlled but not tamed. When you ride Nemesis, remember its history. It is awesome. There is no comparisonThis is the legend but don't try to understand, don't try to come to terms with it, don't even try to think about it.Nemesis at Alton Towers, sit back. Its fright time.Geek me? :)

• 3 weeks later...

I think front row Nemesis at night is the best ride experience I have ever had, and ive been on Dueling Dragons :lol:

It's not as good at night, it's only scary because you think you'll crash and when you can't see it takes away all the funFront row in the day

Nemesis is the best themed inverter in the world, its in a bloody pit for god's sakeIt may only be 1.20 min and Nemmy being 1.40 the fact that Nemesis is still feared by everybody who havent ridden it. Its picks up speed like magic and you can hear it roaring from miles away.Nemesis Inferno is fantastically themed. Its themed around a volcano, the volcano itself could be better themed and they could incorperate some new special effects but oh well.I'd preferred NemmyInf a lil bit longer with a cobra roll but oh well.

• 3 months later...