Nemesis

Dan9

Oh come on, the budget to repaint a ride is nothing next to operational costs...

I'm not agreeing with the ride closures (that said, was it ever confirmed?), but let's not make comments that don't really add up...

You know, I don't think they were confirmed. To be fair, some of them are quite stupid. They're totally going to close a popular ride after 3 years of operation aren't they?

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Soooooo they have budget to repaint a ride but no budget to open half the park...? I am soooo confused.

Repainting a ride is an investment that will last for years, and I think it's fair to say that something needed to be done with the Nemesis track.

Closing rides on the other hand is an attempt to reduce the day-to-day running costs of the park, not that I'm defending it.

This budget argument baffles me. Yeah, all the parks are clearly on tight budgets. But there is potentially a good reason behind each rumoured closure.

Ripsaw, old and not worth the maintenance budget for what it is. Sub Terra, just not popular enough for how much it costs to run. Flume, needs to go, people have been saying for years it needs to go and be replaced. What's to say they won't replace it? CATCF, again. It's been said for years this needs to go, plus apparently the contract is out now on it so who knows. Driving School and Hex are rumoured to close so work on that part of the Towers can take place. We don't and probably won't know the reasoning behind any closures, but let's not jump at the budget thing. Do you really think they'd close that many rides without good reason? There are many other ways to save money if that's what you really want to do. Plus, until Towers confirm anything it was just sparked by reliable sources. You know how often Towers U-Turn stuff, some of it may be saved.

I think it looks much better in it's refresh of paint, I like seeing rides nice and shiny again.

Am I the only one who thinks Air may have also been repainted, or at least received a jet wash anyway?

What's Air?  

Unless you literally mean they've repainted / jet washed the air?  

:ph34r: