Nemesis

Dan9

• 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...

First post since March, wtf has happened to Alton Towers interest of late?!

I know that hundreds of articles and blogs have been written about Nemesis over the years, I'm still going to gush because Nemesis was in a league of its own over my five rides yesterday. It was running on a level that I hadn't experienced before and I had the biggest smile on my face from beginning to end. I've been on quite a few inverters this years and not one can hold a candle to it. It looks in the best condition it has for years and the operations were simply, perfect. Utter joy.

Yeah, went on this last weekend on my yearly Towers visit and also thought how great it was running. Got into the station where there was a queue for every row apart from the front, so me and my boy walked straight onto the front row. Not sure why nobody else spotted that!

The way you interact with the pit is still mind blowing even after all this time.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, huzzellio said:

Yeah, went on this last weekend on my yearly Towers visit and also thought how great it was running. Got into the station where there was a queue for every row apart from the front, so me and my boy walked straight onto the front row. Not sure why nobody else spotted that!

The way you interact with the pit is still mind blowing even after all this time.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It was truly ahead of its time. As coaster enthusiasts we go all over the place to get on different rollercoasters to try new things. No ride this year has been as pleasurable or as intense as Nemesis last night. I'm genuinely surprised because I always knew it was a good ride (one of the best) but it surpassed itself.  :wub:

You're a lucky man then Mark, she left me feeling quite dry on Sunday just gone.

Been far too long since I've had the "JESUS CHRIST!" end brake reaction on Nemesis, I envy you immensely.

I assume the reason for lack of interest in Alton Towers is due to the face there's f all to be interested in these days. 

• 3 months later...
22 minutes ago, Stuntman707 said:

They should do Duel next. Complete restoration like Hex! Love new Hex and Nemesis. :D

Duel has been earmarked for refurbishment this winter since last closed season, and was hinted at on the TLC page a week or so ago, so a case of watch this space I guess!

• 2 weeks later...

It looks beautiful. Unfortunately for me, these images didn't exist for me to reference for one of my GCSE art pieces, which was completed in november. My whole project was based on steel coasters, and in particular, Nemesis. Would have been nice to have had the above photos in existence for inspiration ?

The artists here have done a fantastic job working on the station, as it looked very dreary and grey before.

I think it looks sublime. Nemesis is absolutely pivotal at Towers and for it to get the love it deserved makes me very grateful that its finally been completed. I could nit-pick but I'm not going to as there's too much misery in this world as it is. Can't wait to see it in person.