Park Music

humjosh

My problems with the chart music being played in Lost City are in 3 parts:

1) It detracts the theming - As mentioned above, kills the atmosphere and build-up for the rides.

2) Plays over the rides' theme music - If you listen carefully, you can hear the chart music being played over Vortex/Rush/Quantum's music, which makes it worse than just hearing the chart music on it's own.

3) Why Lost City? - It don't understand why they play it only in Lost City, Neptune's Beach (and parts of Canada Creek) and nowhere else in the park. Can Thorpe make their mind up if they are going for themed or chart music park-wide?

So, I'm not in favour for this decision to play chart music in Lost City for one simple reason: It makes no sense.

• 2 weeks later...

Well quite stupidly my friend decided to start talking at the start of the song, and with the sound of Rush in the background it makes getting the lyrics fairly difficult. A lot of people have said the song is quite distinctive which made me think it was in the charts now but no joy there. I have uploaded the recording here - http://picosong.com/wTt6/

I have found said song

I love the new Fright Nights audio on Detonator! Very similar to Extremis at the Dungeons :D "Send them to the gallows!" So yeah I take back my initial unhappy reaction to Humpty Dumpty going! :P

Didn't get on all the rides yesterday at the meet as it was so busy and was more about the people/social side in many ways, so I didn't get to hear Colossus, Inferno, Samurai, Vortex, Zodiac, Quantum, XNWO or Saw's new audio. Slammer seemed to have some sort of FN audio in the queue and the original music and announcements on the ride? :P Didn't really notice much about the other rides' audio, I mean I noticed it was different but I guess didn't pay much attention to actually hear what was going on/being said. I remember a bit about Rush's loading announcement, hurrying people to take their seats! And I remember Stealth's launch, 3, 2, 1, FIRE! Bit random but I liked it! Swarm I think had its usual audio but it's awesome anyway!

And Asylum's music was playing too fast lol.

I didn't do many rides yesterday, but I only heard Flying Fish with Fright Nights audio. X:\No Way Out had pretty much zero audio in the queue and on ride, apart from a bit at the end, and Zodiac's..well, I can't remember. No doubt if I'd done more of the major rides, I'd have heard some more. Heard two of the pre-recording announcements on Experiment 10 and that was it, and nothing in The Passing's queue.

I did hear some FN audio around park, such as WWTP being interrupted and some announcements by the 'Guv'nor', though it felt like the Guv'nor loop was far too short; heard it being repeated an awful lot. Though, I did like what there was, but there just needed to be a lot more of it.

I forgot to mention - a voice (presumably "The Governor") interrupted Rush's queue line audio and also kept playing in the Dome, which I thought was a nice touch. Saying things like "I can see what you're doing...do that again and you'll go straight to...The Passing" :P

I forgot to mention - a voice (presumably "The Governor") interrupted Rush's queue line audio and also kept playing in the Dome, which I thought was a nice touch. Saying things like "I can see what you're doing...do that again and you'll go straight to...The Passing" :P

Yep, that was the sorta thing I heard too! Another one which stood out for me was "Oi you..in the hood. Cut that out now...I'm warning you!"

They were good touches, but I only heard about 3 or 4 different ones before it started to repeat. Could / should have been a longer loop!

Colossus had a new track, although with a one train operation it gets tediously repetitive.

All the main coasters had a new FN's track.

The Asylum also has a new extended track which is very upbeat, but pretty good.

The Saw island was playing music from the Saw OST too. Presumably if the queueline speakers had been working it'd be playing there too.

I appreciate all the effort with the music a lot, and providing they don't screw it up, next year we could have a fully functioning PA system for the first time in ages.

My only criticism with the music, is that its all a bit lifeless. Obviously none of it was commissioned or anything, but you can kinda of tell its the kind of music that you get free from public domain.

I appreciate all the effort with the music a lot, and providing they don't screw it up, next year we could have a fully functioning PA system for the first time in ages.

I hope your right! Whilst the content of the stuff at thorpe is generally good (apart from it being hi pitched!) So much of the equipment is broken there are now huge dead parts of the park (Stealth, Colossus bridge) and then the odd things like this year they have made the dome / lost city one "zone" so the chart music plays on vortex / zodiac etc making it all seem abit fair groundy!

And then I'm sure every ride I the park has an issue with its own PA in some way or another!

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have the music that was used over fright nights. Mainly the tracks around Colossus and Nemesis Inferno.

I'm also looking for this years fright night themes as mentioned and detonator/stealth aswell if someone could upload loads more fright night theme thanks very much glad samuari had the same theme love that theme loads :)

I miss the days of Tim Burton music being played everywhere. Far more atmosphere, far more fun. Thought the tracks I could hear on monday were very.. depressing or dull :(

Definitely agree too. Remember Charlie and the Chocolate Factory theme pumping out at Rumba Rapids and Edward Scissor Hands blasting throughout entire Nemesis Inferno area! 2005 that was I believe, blimey time does fly by!

• 3 months later...

Well good news then. Samurai loading theme, old Slammer and old detonator all returned after fright nights 2011 and played throughout whole of 2012. So some of your requests have already been met :)

Although apparently on some days at the end of the day the entrance theme played instead of the end of day music. I didn't personally hear this though. In fact on all of my visits in 2012 there wasn't even any end of day change to music. Just went silent in ride areas and chart music continued to play in dome and entrance area. Anyone know if they abolished end of day music too??

I don't think they have, as all of my 5 visits to Thorpe in 2012 have had their "End of Day" music play at the end of the day. It did play everywhere across the park including the dome, bridge and even the entrance. Although, I had noticed occasionally that some days in 2011 it wasn't being played...

On topic, there are 5 things I'd like to see returned/played this year:

1) Vortex's Theme - Haven't heard this properly for literally 2 years, so would be great for it to return.

2) Colossus' Plaza - Again, the speakers through Colossus' inversions and plaza have been silent for almost 2 years as well.

3) Nemesis Inferno's Dispatch theme - Can't see why not?

4) Saw: The Ride's Queue-line audio - Haven't heard this very well since 2010, as the speakers have been pretty much silent all-year round.

5) Entrance Theme - I'm tired of hearing chart music at Thorpe's entrance now, so much so that I've almost forgotten what Thorpe's entrance theme actually sounds like.

Even though the chart music probably won't disappear at the entrance, I suppose we can hope.

I guess I Must have just been unfortunate on all my visits then.

I really hope they sort out some of the stuff you have mentioned too. Cant see Vortex returning. Thorpe said they changed it to chart music as it was what the public wanted (see Thorpe Park Questions topic). I do also hope that Colossus sounds normal this year and yes would be nice to hear the theme on the bridge again rather than just the queue. It was awful queuing for Saw with nothing playing so also hope that has been sorted. Another thing I wish is for them to return to the old Cananda Creek loop. The songs used were classics and much more country sounding plus just created a better atmosphere. The current playlist is just awful and most songs don't fit with the theme of the area.

I would like to see the entrance theme return than the chart music, samuari end and loading theme thats on tpm audio section also some of the lost city flats have themes back also the old detonator one

Now there's someone who knows what he's talking about.

Although apparently on some days at the end of the day the entrance theme played instead of the end of day music. I didn't personally hear this though. In fact on all of my visits in 2012 there wasn't even any end of day change to music. Just went silent in ride areas and chart music continued to play in dome and entrance area. Anyone know if they abolished end of day music too??

The lower dome music and the end of the day music - are they the same track? I know the lower dome music is very relaxing and sinnister, whereas the end of day music, if I stand corrected, is the more quirky one similar to the entrance theme?

On topic, there are 5 things I'd like to see returned/played this year:

1) Vortex's Theme - Haven't heard this properly for literally 2 years, so would be great for it to return.

2) Colossus' Plaza - Again, the speakers through Colossus' inversions and plaza have been silent for almost 2 years as well.

3) Nemesis Inferno's Dispatch theme - Can't see why not?

4) Saw: The Ride's Queue-line audio - Haven't heard this very well since 2010, as the speakers have been pretty much silent all-year round.

5) Entrance Theme - I'm tired of hearing chart music at Thorpe's entrance now, so much so that I've almost forgotten what Thorpe's entrance theme actually sounds like.

In answer to your quote:

1) Yes, get it back.

2) Yes, let's have the entire Colossus area blasting again, preferrably not on high-pitch.

3) That's the best, had it as my phone ringtone for years now. :P About time I changed it.

4) It's good to listen to but to say I miss it is lying.

5) It sounds great!

I have 3 main sources where I keep my entire theme park music. My computer, my iPad, and my USB stick which I play in the car. If I don't get audio satisfaction after a day out, I play some music through one of these to satisfy my eardrums.

I agree with some of this, but surely opinions on things like atmosphere are more down to opinion rather than fact? Whilst you may not enjoy riding vortex to pop music I'm sure there are those who do for example? General maintenance if anything has improved? Gone are the days of 2005 where you had days of Stealth, Rush, Samurai, Colossus down for days at a time, all at the same time.

Mm yeah I have to agree, I prefer pop music to having absolutely nothing playing.

Went one day last year where the link was dead. There was no music anywhere, bar inferno. Even the swarm tv's were paused.

However, those who "enjoy" pop music probably don't realise what they're missing. It's like saying everyone enjoys a tesco value product, without them allowing to try the finest range.

The lower dome music was a part of the end of day track although this hasn't played in lower dome since 2010. The Park has played chart music in the lower dome/toilets for the last two seasons.

For some reason the theme isn't on TPM anymore but here is a link to one on youtube, although this is about 4 mins short and misses the more upbeat piano section at the end. The part that used to play in lower dome was the part from approx 3 min - 7 mins. It definitely suited the toilets with the sound of all that flowing water :P

I'm certain they still play the end of day music in the lower dome. I have the full track of this which is nearly 14 minutes long and I remember hearing the music from 3:15 onwards everywhere across the park, including the dome, underneath it, the bridge and the entrance throughout 2010-2012.

I don't think Thorpe have fully abolished the end of day music (yet), I can only guess some days it can be heard easier than others. Typically, every time I visit, I hardly hear the first 3 minutes of the track, only the rest of it from 3:15 onwards.

So I'm sure that the lower dome and end of day music are the same track, but due to the change in music at 3:15, that might explain why some people get confused that there are 2 different end of day tracks that play in the lower dome, or other areas of the park.