Park Music

humjosh

The zone isn't meant to be playing chart music on Vortex/Lost City area.. it's just still broken it seems. As far as I'm aware, the operators have to start announcements to play music.. so I presume Vortex op was just ignoring the PA system unless it was messed.

Are you sure, As the post from Thorpe Park in the questions topic suggests otherwise.

http://forum.maniahub.com/topic/9800-lost-city-soundtrack/#entry141916

I wouldn't mind betting we start to see this played in even more places around the park seeing as it seems they are turning it into more of a radio station with the announcements/voiceovers. Shame if that is the case as Thorpe have always been one of the best in the UK when it came to themed Park music.

Are you sure, As the post from Thorpe Park in the questions topic suggests otherwise.

http://forum.maniahub.com/topic/9800-lost-city-soundtrack/#entry141916

I wouldn't mind betting we start to see this played in even more places around the park seeing as it seems they are turning it into more of a radio station with the announcements/voiceovers. Shame if that is the case as Thorpe have always been one of the best in the UK when it came to themed Park music.

Listening to answers of a PR person (who will only ever put thorpe in a good light) isn't the best example. Pretty obvious from the complete lack of responding to the actual question.

Was hoping that this would be sorted, as they've spent a lot of money on a new Project Link.. might not be totally finished yet!

All music on park switched off later in the afternoon as they were shooting for the One Direction 3D film. It was quite weird walking around an open but quiet and deserted park!

Also has the Canada Creek playlist changed? Seemed a bit more like what they used to play until a couple of seasons ago.

Questions about park music:

• Is park music run centrally from one part of the park?
  • Is it auto-cued or synced with trains arriving and departing, or does the ride operator hit a button?
  • Is it played on a CD, computer, DJ-style deck or buttons integrated into the ride operators controls?

Yes, it's controlled from somewhere in the dome, the speakers in ride queue lines are fed from a source located near or at the ride - but can be turned off centrally at the dome or overridden (so u can basically change the CD of the stealth music to one with a different playlist on loop) - but this again can be overridden at the dome so every speaker (most) on the park can play the same thing {e.g. end of the day music} - as a side note, if the end of the day music is playing and the operator presses one of the ride announcements it will override this then revert back to the end of day theme.

Stealth, Nemesis Inferno, The Swarm, and Saw: The Ride have some form of auto start announcements (Heads back : 3,2,1 go go go starts automatically, dispatch theme on nemmy, swarm noise as train leaves & Billy puppet/jigsaw on lift) <list not exhaustive>

Each ride has its own pa control with the required tracks on it; they are in an amplifier system. Every ride console has an announcement control PA unit, which if operated will override any music playing in that ride area and play that announcement then revert to the original music. Each ride pa is divided into zones, each announcement is programmed to play in certain zones (playing the announcement that the car will start moving on saw will only play where speakers are on the brake/trim sections/station); in addition the operator can select the zones of a ride that their manual pa announcements can be heard from or they can select 'All Zones' which will be done in the event of a shutdown - also, pressing the pre - recorded shutdown announcements will play in all zones.

This is what the PA boxes look like (yes it's from AT, but they are pretty much the same)

http://old.towerstimes.co.uk/history/behind/rita%20(7).jpg

Edit: Here's the panel from rush - they all look like that. :)

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff31/NEILFEVER78/Rush200876copy.jpg

Edited by anon

When you say "Lost City is playing it's normal music" isn't that Colossus' old station music from 2006, or just general Chart Music? If it has changed back to Colossus' old station music (better known as Lost City's theme) fanstastic! Haven't heard it for quite a while until now! :)

Also relating to Lost City, was Vortex playing it's own theme music? Or was it tied in with the rest of Lost City's music? Because on Annual Pass day, Vortex and Lost City were tied in with the Chart Music being played in the Dome, bridge, entrance and Neptune's Beach. And because from several visits last year and some in 2011, Vortex only played Lost City's music and not it's brilliant theme.

I cannot answer that, but I imagine so.

The issues with audio last year were apparently an upgrade to Project Link (the system which links up all the audio and runs it under the dome, as mentioned above).. which didn't do anything but mess things up. It killed the zones (Lost City disappearing), and it sped up tracks. The installation of project link killed things like inferno.

This year they bought a brand new system, which seemingly is slowly being put into place now. Hence inferno, and now Lost City. Imagine they're slowly working around the park finishing it off.

When you say "Lost City is playing it's normal music" isn't that Colossus' old station music from 2006, or just general Chart Music? If it has changed back to Colossus' old station music (better known as Lost City's theme) fanstastic! Haven't heard it for quite a while until now! :)

Also relating to Lost City, was Vortex playing it's own theme music? Or was it tied in with the rest of Lost City's music? Because on Annual Pass day, Vortex and Lost City were tied in with the Chart Music being played in the Dome, bridge, entrance and Neptune's Beach. And because from several visits last year and some in 2011, Vortex only played Lost City's music and not it's brilliant theme.

Vortex is playing its own music, and it sounds like the park music is back to normal speed :)

This may come as a bit of a surprise considering how I have been dead against chart music playing throughout the park in the past, but I personally think "The Noise" is a definite improvement over the way that the chart music has been used in the last few years.

With its mix of new music, DJ announcements (albeit pre-recorded) and park adverts it slightly reminds me of the good old Thorpe Park Radio days! :D

The Nemesis Inferno station music is awful. But the queue music isn't too bad.

Do you mean the 2007/2013 station music or the despatch theme?

With its mix of new music, DJ announcements (albeit pre-recorded) and park adverts it slightly reminds me of the good old Thorpe Park Radio days! :D

I miss the old WWTP jingles - except for when I play them on my computer!

WWTP is still there as far as I know at Tidal Wave and Stealth. Its only the areas that play chart music (beach/dome/entrance) that have adopted the new radio station called "The Noise".

Yes, I meant the old jingles. They were modified slightly a few years ago in between the music tracks and now sound tacky. It's the "piano swipe" jingle I mean. Here's a clip of the old one:

http://www.tussaudsmedia.co.uk/teaser/audio/thorpe/wwtp/WWTP%20-%20Jingle.mp3