Park Music

humjosh

Yes, I meant the old jingles. They were modified slightly a few years ago in between the music tracks and now sound tacky. It's the "piano swipe" jingle I mean. Here's a clip of the old one:

http://www.tussaudsmedia.co.uk/teaser/audio/thorpe/wwtp/WWTP%20-%20Jingle.mp3

I believe the clip you have just posted is the newer chime for the WWTP jingles. The original Tidal Wave loop still uses the older one which is a sharper glockenspiel sounding ding, rather than the "piano swipe". I say "newer chime", it's at least 7 years old now!

In regards to The Noise, as much as I hated the chart music at Thorpe before, I do think this actually sounds okay now. It's a much more professional sounding mix than last year and even more so now the pitch for the chart music is back to normal. As long as it's self contained to the Dome and the entrance then I think it's pretty nifty now. The old mixture of Rocky Express, the Flume and other bits was a bit random and out of place. As Phill has said it is indeed just like the old Thorpe Park Radio days, I suspect the issue here is that people just don't like the actual songs! I'll be the first to admit that when I hear a song in the loo's that I like I'm all "Yeaaaaahhhh!" but as soon as it's a song I don't like then I detest the whole thing and long for Rocky Express back!

I do firmly think all the rides should have their own individual themes and nothing else unless it's an event. It was lovely to hear Vortex playing it's proper audio again and I love the Inferno station set up now. Just need to get Colossus back to the correct pitch and the proper station audio restored!

Yes, I meant the old jingles. They were modified slightly a few years ago in between the music tracks and now sound tacky. It's the "piano swipe" jingle I mean. Here's a clip of the old one:

http://www.tussaudsmedia.co.uk/teaser/audio/thorpe/wwtp/WWTP%20-%20Jingle.mp3

I am pretty sure that what you have posted is still in use. I heard it several times passing Tidal Wave last year.

as much as I hate chart music but hearing about this noise I'm just wondering why dnt thorpe have a phone/text thing where people in the park request a song that way some ppl will like the music aswell as thorpe could earn some money another suggestion is mix the theme music and chart music into the station have a like a theme going on every so often after some songs

as much as I hate chart music but hearing about this noise I'm just wondering why dnt thorpe have a phone/text thing where people in the park request a song that way some ppl will like the music aswell as thorpe could earn some money another suggestion is mix the theme music and chart music into the station have a like a theme going on every so often after some songs

No, theme music is important as it sets the mood and general feel of the ride. Only playing it in between chart music would ruin it.

I'm not a fan of chart music anywhere in the park, but found it less grating this year in the dome. Thought the music pretty much everywhere was improved on last year apart from outside Zodiac where out of silence was a sudden booming hidden speaker shouting about MoS nights in my ear. It was stupidly earringingly loud. No need.

• 3 weeks later...

There is now a dreadful 'closing alarm/announcement' that starts playing across the park at closing time and for the next 5 minutes. It literally says "The rides are now shut; we hope you have enjoyed your day at Thorpe Park; thanks for visiting; join us online now on Facebook & Twitter", over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over

(Hopefully you get the point! ;) )

It has a really horrible alarm clock/evacuation type alarm backing. Yuck.

Even the staff said "Thank God" when it finally stopped playing...

That was recorded today so the old one didnt return for long..

I guess the old one did need a slight change as the park isnt really closed as such now just the rides, as said I wouldnt mind it if this played and then after a few times went into end of day music.

After around 10 mins The Noise started to play park wide.

I guess if anything it fits in with the parks brand more than the old one but still not overly keen!