Park Music

humjosh

anyone have the time voyagers music.

I'd love to hear that without the anouncements on it- it sounds so relaxingg so would like to hear it.

also if anyone has vortex (my fave ride and I don't even own the soundtrack!), shocking! hmm trying to think what else

oh yeah- anyone got any of the.. and this is a strange request, but the old time adverts on WWTP

I do have both the "End of Day" music and even "Time Voyagers" as requested by EmilyLovesVortex, noob230 and anyone else who would like it. Download links for both are below.

End of Day Music:

http://www.mediafire.com/?o3h8o07co7vtjhk

Time Voyagers:

http://www.mediafire.com/?l0t0h1ovnqvq0ki

(Also, I noticed that Vortex's floor lowering music has disappeared off Thorpe Park Mania's audio page. Why I don't know, but here it is in case anyone doesn't have it and would like it):

http://www.mediafire.com/?1a2s73o9cwx7gx9

I'm sure guests would prefer a lot of things, however they generally don't know what's good for them half the time.

Repetitive theme music invokes memories and experiences. Remembering the inferno tune may bring you back to riding the first time, may wish to make you visit again or spark subconscious decisions to reride.

It also builds a brand, to which you can market the ride and the park and it's merchandise to guests. You'll never remember what tunes were playing on the rides or invoke memories unless they don't suit the area whatsoever.

I'm sure the majority of Thorpe's target audience would prefer listening to chart music when queuing for a while over repetitive theme music that doesn't help pass time in any way at all :blush:

The majority of the parks target audience would want free entry for everyone, unlimited fastpasses and 10,000 foot high rollercoasters with twenty inversions. They can have their radio tunes on Vortex, Zodiac, Quantum, Rush and Flying Fish as long as they keep the themed music on Colossus, Inferno and Swarm.

And they'd probably want a top spin as well with light tunnels on every coaster.

As for themed music, I hope most areas of the park can keep their original soundtracks even if its more of a soundtrack e.g 50s/60s music in Amity and country in Canada Creek with its country music. I hope chart music only remains around the dome and Neptune's beach and run in a way like a radio station. The only time I really want chart music invading more than the above is when there's a special park event.

The majority of the parks target audience would want free entry for everyone, unlimited fastpasses and 10,000 foot high rollercoasters with twenty inversions. They can have their radio tunes on Vortex, Zodiac, Quantum, Rush and Flying Fish as long as they keep the themed music on Colossus, Inferno and Swarm.

Well put :blush:

As I said before, I always thought of Chessington whenever I heard the End of Day music, so I always thought it was a ticking time bomb.

What we've got at the moment isn't too bad really. I'm not a fan of hearing The Noise anywhere on park (except the Dome / very nearby areas), but once the park's closed, it seems fitting.

After looking at past posts and various visits to Thorpe in 2012/2013, I have a theory as to why Lost City and Vortex have had their themed music occasionally swapped with The Noise at certain times of the year and it's to do with the new, "upgraded" audio system that they introduced back in early 2012.

Ever since the beginning of 2012, it was apparent to a few of us that the general music park-wide was slightly high pitched in some areas and rides of the park. Most noticeably last year was Colossus, Lost City, Amity Cove, Canada Creek and the Chart Music. All of these areas played the music at a higher pitch and was left in this state for the entire year, including during Fright Nights where The Asylum's soundtrack was playing high pitched around the attraction and Canada Creek. Thankfully, Thorpe seemed to have fixed most of this problem with the park and the only places where it is still noticeable is Colossus and Lost City's ambience music.

But because Lost City still hasn't been fixed with it's audio system, this has led to some other problems with the audio being played in that area. I'm unsure if this is affecting whether Lost City should be playing ambience or Chart Music, but I think the reason why it's now back to The Noise after Easter this year is because The Noise's playlist of songs was updated.

Going back to 2012, the playlist for the Chart Music being played was essentially the same all-year round and didn't change, but because of the problems with the new audio system, that led to chart music "leaking" into Lost City and wasn't fixed by Thorpe Park at all throughout the year.

At the beginning of 2013 for Annual Pass day, it still hadn't been fixed by Thorpe even though they had updated the playlist and called it "The Noise." Because of this, Thorpe might have realised soon into 2013 that the audio system around Lost City had issues and they fixed it by getting the area to play the normal ambience music again and was left this way until after the Easter half-term. After Easter however, Thorpe must have updated The Noise's playlist again, which has now led to Lost City playing chart music, because whilst I was at the park a couple of weeks ago, I noticed there were some new songs being played at the entrance and around Flying Fish that I hadn't heard before.

I don't know if updating The Noise's playlist is causing Lost City to start playing Chart Music again, but this is the only thing I can think of causing this issue, other than Thorpe just simply hesitating between the 2 types of soundtrack being played on Vortex and Lost city. Either way, The Noise should never be played on rides and areas of the park, (other than the dome, entrance and Neptune's Beach), as it takes away from the whole guest experience.

(Also, why did Thorpe get rid of the End of Day music?! I loved hearing it after a great day at the park.)

This is going to sound very random, but does anyone have the ambient audio that is played around the the Experiment 10 (or arena) area during fright nights? would be good to have for a project I am working on....

In my opinion, after visiting the awesome parks in America over easter, having rides play theme music is really a much better choice than chart music, however given the crash pad being where it is, having the upbeat, well known chart music would probably add to the whole experience of staying there....

• 3 weeks later...

Visited the park today and am disappointed to report apart from Inferno and Swarm, every area of the park was playing cart music, AKA The Noise. This even included the Colossus, Stealth and Canada Creek areas which gave the park a different vibe.

Although the way they've done it with the noise etc. I'm hoping this will only be a tempory thing as the noise should only be restricted to the entrance, dome and beach areas except when an event is on.

Maybe it was done for the bank holiday weekend and to coincide with the roller disco evening event. Who knows, they can't seem to make their minds up at the moment. Anyway am visiting the park tomorrow so will report back, whether its as mentioned two posts above or changed back.

I think basically, what is happening is, at the end of the day The Noise plays parkwide, after an hour or so the sound is muted not turned off, and when it unmutes in the morning ( I think it's automated) the noise continues playing parkwide. They probably need to have it recoded so the the the noise stops playing after a certain time and plays normal music.

I noticed on my last visit too but after an hour or so it went back to normal.

Visited the park today and am disappointed to report apart from Inferno and Swarm, every area of the park was playing cart music, AKA The Noise. This even included the Colossus, Stealth and Canada Creek areas which gave the park a different vibe.

Although the way they've done it with the noise etc. I'm hoping this will only be a tempory thing as the noise should only be restricted to the entrance, dome and beach areas except when an event is on.

All rides played correct music, Colossus still high pitched and Stealth area slightly high pitched. I personally don't think this will ever be rectified now. Shame the piano loading theme has been ditched from Samurai again. Was so much nicer hearing that last year.