Park Music

humjosh

Now that Thorpe are, to some extent, reverting back to a family theme (as well as thrillseekers), I think that maybe it's time to bring back the entrance music and end of the day theme.

The Noise could still play across the park in areas which would otherwise be silent, but the return of both of those themes would be fantastic for families and would cost the park nothing!

100% this.

I'd like to see something better than chart music at the entrance, bridge & Dome, even if they don't bring the old music back something new would be good.

Ideally I'd like a piece of music that people will call "the Thorpe Park theme tune" - same as ITHOTMK at Alton :) Perhaps we'll see this happen when they re-vamp the entrance in the next few years?

The sooner The Noise is gone though, the better.

I made some playlists on YouTube not long ago that I listen to while idly doing something else (usually work!), I'll link them if anybody's interested but I can't guarantee I'll have all your favourite tracks on them as some of the tracks are there for personal preference XD Just put them on autoplay and shuffle and you're set for an hour or two :D

Thorpe Playlist :

Towers Playlist:

If you feel that any vital music is missing in either give me a shout and I might just add them :P they're on a separate account to my usual one because of the Google+ switch nonsense!

• 4 weeks later...

I have been trying to find a piece of music for ages. I have heard it I think every time I have been to Thorpe, in the dome on my first visit back in 2008 before they played chart music in there, and more recently the arcade.

It could be a loop - it has a repetitive melody of what sounds like high pitched, dreamy sounding whistling, and I don't know if you have talked about it before but I can't find anything. Can anyone tell me what this is if it is a Thorpe tune?

I have been trying to find a piece of music for ages. I have heard it I think every time I have been to Thorpe, in the dome on my first visit back in 2008 before they played chart music in there, and more recently the arcade.

It could be a loop - it has a repetitive melody of what sounds like high pitched, dreamy sounding whistling, and I don't know if you have talked about it before but I can't find anything. Can anyone tell me what this is if it is a Thorpe tune?

Is it at 3:17 in this?

No, although that does match my (vague) description it's not the End of Day. I think today you'd find it playing in the arcade as I heard it in there on my last visit (June last year). Just this slow chill out beat with a melody sounding like someone whistling which seemed to just repeat itself over and over.

Hahahah! I know exactly what music you mean! It's not actually Thorpe Park's own music but one of the tunes played by the arcade machines to get your attention. They just repeat over and over.

There are two of those tunes, the melody from this track or that other higher pitched tune which I don't know. I think the most prominent in the dome is the second one - probably the one you are thinking of. I was also trying to work that out for ages because it reminded me of being at Thorpe Park more than any of the park's own music!

• 1 month later...