Park Music

humjosh

• 1 month later...

For too long. At exactly park close on the dot, chart music takes over any area covered by Park Wide Sound, including (unfortunately) some ride platforms. As many rides don't actually cease operation for the day for a good half an hour after the park's closing time, unfortunately guests are subjected to this sudden takeover. Watch this space though.

8 minutes ago, WWTPRadio said:

For too long. At exactly park close on the dot, chart music takes over any area covered by Park Wide Sound, including (unfortunately) some ride platforms. As many rides don't actually cease operation for the day for a good half an hour after the park's closing time, unfortunately guests are subjected to this sudden takeover. Watch this space though.

By watch this space do you mean a return to the end of day music? If so that will be great :)

33 minutes ago, pluk said:

If we're doing requests, I'd like the Inferno dispatch bass to be loud enough for me to be able to hear it at home in Essex.

And while we're at it, can we make sure we CAN'T hear I'm a Celebrity... like, at all. I'm talking current Vampire levels of quietness.

The trouble with soundtracks for Merlin rides is that each ride seems to just have one or two pieces of audio in them (queue line / ride area and station).  That in itself is not enough to warrant a CD in my opinion.  So if they were to sell any soundtrack, they'd have to do a whole park (or area, at a push) CD.  But given the various different people / companies behind all the different pieces of audio, I imagine that'd be difficult to sort out.  

It wouldn't go a miss having any Merlin park sell some of their ride music, but I can't see it happening any time soon, more for logistical reasons.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Been playing chart music since at least the start of the Summer holidays, well at least on all my visits. Just as we thought we were possibly getting further enhancements to music across the resort.

Although saying that I didn't like the repetitive use of Thorpe theme/Quantum music alongside the video. It only used about a minute of the full entrance theme track. 

44 minutes ago, Mattgwise said:

Although saying that I didn't like the repetitive use of Thorpe theme/Quantum music alongside the video. It only used about a minute of the full entrance theme track. 

I don't know why they ever changed it, the original entrance theme is a great piece of music.  Having the entrance music playing at the park entrance and across the bridge, and then chart music in the dome would be much better IMO.

The Colossus soundtrack was playing on Samurai, Slammer, Vortex, Rush, Zodiac and Quantum on Sunday. Everywhere you go in Lost City it plays and it gets very very annoying after a while of being in the area. 

Some individual ride music would be nice for a change instead of the standard 9 minute loop that should only be played on one ride..

7 minutes ago, MilesK said:

Some individual ride music would be nice for a change instead of the standard 9 minute loop that should only be played on one ride..

...and then the entire area will be a complete cacophony! All rides in the Lost City (bar Colossus) share the exact same music to avoid any clashing. This is assumedly why the area now has a shortened version of the Colossus music playing, because the parts that were cut out are used on Vortex and Quantum; both rides literally having their music blasting out the speakers at full volume, so these parts were cut out to avoid any clashing.

Saying that though, I do agree with your point about it being very annoying. What was wrong with the old Lost City ambience I hear you ask? Well I'll have you know I'm asking that exact same question.

43 minutes ago, MilesK said:

The Colossus soundtrack was playing on Samurai, Slammer, Vortex, Rush, Zodiac and Quantum on Sunday. Everywhere you go in Lost City it plays and it gets very very annoying after a while of being in the area. 

Think there are issues with the system again as those rides should still play individual themes and actual area speakers play the shortened Colossus theme. Additionally on my last visit a week and half ago Colossus queueline was playing the station music.

8 hours ago, Mattgwise said:

Think there are issues with the system again as those rides should still play individual themes and actual area speakers play the shortened Colossus theme. Additionally on my last visit a week and half ago Colossus queueline was playing the station music.

Not an issue as such these rides and the ones mentioned above (Slammer - Samurai) all have their own ride themes - they will play the areas music (in this case colossus theme) if the rides local music isn't playing - you'll notice on Samurai / Slammer if being loaded slow at the end of the loading themes the area music will then play. 

Colossus station is also fixed now!

think that's how it works!