Park Music

humjosh

Maybe it's just me, but I think it's crazy that a piece of music as good as this isn't used;

https://youtu.be/TEAgfPFgKoQ

In my opinion the entrance music should play at the park entrance and across the bridge; it would fit so well with the views of the rides you get as you walk in, much better than the chart music that plays there currently.  I remember when it used to play around the entrance area, it gave Thorpe such a good atmosphere which is just not there anymore.  I'm not against them playing chart music, and IMO it suits the dome well - but not the entrance area/bridge.

Also, bring back the end of the day music on a permanent basis!

12 minutes ago, WWTPRadio said:

Miles - was this communicated to you directly by one of the team? I hate to tell you that this information is incorrect.

I was told via a Facebook message I sent to Thorpe that they would've releasing it. As you said now, that won't be happening :( 

Thorpe also said no to IMAscore's request to release a snippet of The  Big Top's music.

21 minutes ago, MilesK said:

I was told via a Facebook message I sent to Thorpe that they would've releasing it. As you said now, that won't be happening :( 

Thorpe also said no to IMAscore's request to release a snippet of The  Big Top's music.

Keep your eyes peeled for Big Top Miles, regretfully Platform 15 won't be available for general release. 

I think that both Rush and Rumba Rapids need new speakers. The speakers for Rush rattle so much it's hard to understand the announcements. Rumbas (especially the loading platform speakers) rattle to the beat and it gets very irritating after a short while. Also I've noticed that Thorpe are not using Bose speakers anymore, instead from 2014+ they have switched to EV Evid speakers (Angry Birds land was the first area that got them) and now both IAC and DBGT use them.

3 hours ago, Coaster Jamie said:

Maybe it's just me, but I think it's crazy that a piece of music as good as this isn't used;

https://youtu.be/TEAgfPFgKoQ

In my opinion the entrance music should play at the park entrance and across the bridge; it would fit so well with the views of the rides you get as you walk in, much better than the chart music that plays there currently.  I remember when it used to play around the entrance area, it gave Thorpe such a good atmosphere which is just not there anymore.  I'm not against them playing chart music, and IMO it suits the dome well - but not the entrance area/bridge.

Also, bring back the end of the day music on a permanent basis!

Agree with you fully, even your bit in small print! Entrance/bridge, full entrance theme, dome chart music.

8 hours ago, Mattgwise said:

Agree with you fully, even your bit in small print! Entrance/bridge, full entrance theme, dome chart music.

I'd personally prefer no chart music at all - the Dome had a perfectly good sound track which suited the area really well!

I guess in the evening there could be a case for it for hotel guests but apart from that would personally like the park chart music free! 

2 hours ago, ThemeParkLover said:

Wow...haven't heard it in so long, why would they top using it?

It hasn't been used in about 6/7 years. They brought it back for Swarms opening day and then a few years later they got everyone's hopes up when the screen was added saying it was being brought back but instead it only used a snippet of it and the Thorpe theme (Quantum) playing overkill between the sections. Most of this year it has been silent.

• 2 months later...

There's been rumours going round from a bottle of Heinz Ketchup  (my go to sauce) that IMAscore are making more tracks for the park including redoing Colossus and Infernos music with plans too release a CD of them all on park. But I haven't heard any updates on that for a few months so I don't know if that's still a thing. 

But they did redo Heide Parks music so it's possible.

My source still can confirm that WC16 will feature a train carriage if this helps.

I have heard that there will be some new music on park this year (Sauce: Daddie's) but I'd be very pleasantly surprised if a CD is released. Do the kidz even know what a CD is nowadays anyway? Surely just put it on iTunes or Spotify bruv.

Isn't getting near park map time soon? Or was it last year that we didn't see that OLD TOWN existed until AP day?