Park Music

humjosh

On Tuesday, February 14, 2017 at 1:44 PM, Mitchada04 said:

There's been rumours going round from a bottle of Heinz Ketchup  (my go to sauce) that IMAscore are making more tracks for the park including redoing Colossus and Infernos music with plans too release a CD of them all on park. But I haven't heard any updates on that for a few months so I don't know if that's still a thing.

But they did redo Heide Parks music so it's possible.

Yes I want this done now

EDIT: I assumed by redo you meant by the same tune and stuff. That's what I want done. 

Why change the inferno and Colossus themes. They are the 2 best pieces of music on park. I hope they are just rumours.

IMAscore might produce nice music  but I don't see how they could ever top those 2 tracks. I feel there tacks lack character, it's always samey music that goes well in the background and sets a nice theme but it's not stuff you remember easily in my opinion. Whereas Colossus music is the first thing that comes to mind when someone mentions Thorpe park to me.

• 1 month later...

Glad they've confirmed it! The new stuff played at the entrance and dome sounds really good - suits the park and Island theme they are going for to a tee.

Will be interesting to see what else they work on with Imascore - Colossus and Inferno would be tough acts to follow (which I'm sure there well aware of!) - but judging on what they've produced with Merlin ( Smiler, towers fireworks, galactica and DBGT) I've no doubt they could top it! 

Swarm could do with one in my eyes. I've never minded the current one but that whole island just always feels so quiet and atmosphere lacking, not helped by its seclusion!

Some for the flat rides too so Lost City isn't all the same track. With Inferno and Colossus they could make a twist on the old tracks, keeping the well known bits. Rumba's new music, is that ImaScore?

Just don't touch WWTP thanks.

1 minute ago, CharlieN said:

I really love that piece of music!

It manages to provide a sense of grandure (as all entrance tracks should do) but at the same time uses subtle synth motifs and doesn't seem too high-brow for Thorpe's local market.

Keep it up Thorpe and IMAscore!

Yeah at first when it was posted on friends and family day I was like errr no, but as I have listened to it again and on another clip of the dome it seems fitting, can't wait to hear the full thing.

Whilst it's great to see all this new audio the park and Merlin as a whole have recently been installing over the last few years with their new attractions, it's just such a shame that the company is unwilling to provide the full versions for people. [emoji20]

Heck, if Phantasialand, Liseberg, Disney, PortAventura, Heide Park, Hansa Park and Toverland to name a few are willing to to sell their audio, why not Merlin who have the biggest collection of any park?

What I'd do to listen to Galactica properly... :)

2 minutes ago, Martin.C said:

Whilst it's great to see all this new audio the park and Merlin as a whole have recently been installing over the last few years with their new attractions, it's just such a shame that the company is unwilling to provide the full versions for people... emoji20.png

Heck, if Phantasialand, Liseberg, Disney, PortAventura, Hansa Park and Toverland to name a few are willing to to sell their audio, why not Merlin who have the biggest collection of any park?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See Mile's post - there's talk about it by the sounds of it! 

5 minutes ago, Kerfuffle said:

I assume SAW won't be affected as the music on that was provided by Lionsgate/Twisted Pictures? I could be wrong though, if IMAscore can change SAW's music then it'll be interesting to see what they can pull off.

I don't think the track is to do with Lionsgate/Twisted Pictures as it is not from the official Saw soundtrack, they only use that at Halloween.

But not on CD please! Who even owns one of those anymore :P

I don't want to jump to conclusions (which I undoubtedly am by posting this) but it really does seem like Thorpe getting a new provisional director has started getting the park into shape a bit. New Soundtracks, additional theming (to partition areas) and what appears to be a more stable approach to marketing!

1 hour ago, Marc said:
Don't imascore sell their own music directly? I'm sure it's down to what ever deal they have with the parks - I'd love them to release full length tracks of Galactica and Ghost Train (and now of course thorpes new entrance music!)

IMA do sell a lot of their music directly from their website on CD's. Parks like Liseberg cover their 3 newest attractions (including more of Helix), Hansa Park for Kärnan and a lot of Heide Park. That's why I don't understand why Merlin and it's British parks are currently not participating in this.

There's already a full version of Galactica online but it is just recorded in mono and is not the studio copy.

Hopefully Thorpe and Merlin will soon realise that there is clearly a demand for this and with the growing collection all of their parks are now getting, I'd be shocked if it didn't happen soon. Good entrance music this is. [emoji4]