Park Music

humjosh

I heard the 2 minute track. Bear in mind I used to love the Colossus music, but even then found it got VERY tiresome over the years in the louder sections, blasting at you from tarmac pathways everywhere you went. Overall I think this new track is a step forward and a step back, I still don't believe this IMAscore-isation of the park is the way forward.

They have kept the Ian Habgood theme - good, it was really well written, MELODIC and dramatic. Except the original was badly produced (the brass always sounded pretty flat and grating in your ear), so the new version has really improved on its sound while taking away none of its previous effect. I'm really glad of this.

However now it shows up the new part as being more generic and cliched, which I think is the formula with most of IMAscore's work for Merlin - sounds good, but is actually pretty overblown. To make Lost City an enjoyable area for everyone, it needs a fresh redesign with substance behind it, not adding more music to bland tarmac paths.

It's a good step forwards, but like I've always said you can't just "convert" the park's music to IMAscore just because enthusiasts like it and say instant improvement. There needs to be money spent on design and adding music is an easy eay out. Currently there's barely any different atmosphere between Lost City, Saw The Ride, "Old Town", etc. They are names with loud music added and nothing else.

Really like the new music played in Lost City - its a tonne better than the shorter Colossus track which was playing around the area previously.

Hopefully we will see more of the audio fixed too, the music used to play in the Zodiac / Vortex queue lines with announcements but don't think that's worked for a few years now.

On 03/07/2017 at 8:57 AM, MikeC said:

Really like the new music played in Lost City - its a tonne better than the shorter Colossus track which was playing around the area previously.

Hopefully we will see more of the audio fixed too, the music used to play in the Zodiac / Vortex queue lines with announcements but don't think that's worked for a few years now.

Zodiac queue line audio is working today :)

On 05/07/2017 at 11:28 PM, Mattgwise said:

Rocky Express finally has its original audio back after having used a fright nights track (Beetlejuice theme) all year round for over ten years. Personally I preferred the upbeat Beetlejuice theme even if it didn't really fit. Its back to this...

God, that takes me back. Loved that music back in whenever it last appeared.

3 minutes ago, Marc said:

Stealth has a new WWTP loop - much longer and great to hear the return of some classic WWTP songs!

I visited a few days ago and noticed a new playlist. However instead of it being played too fast (as it has been for years around Stealth) it's actually playing slightly to slow! 

59 minutes ago, TP-Fan said:

I visited a few days ago and noticed a new playlist. However instead of it being played too fast (as it has been for years around Stealth) it's actually playing slightly to slow! 

Nice try - you’re used to the tracks playing at high speed so normal speed may now sound a bit slower to you!

1 hour ago, TP-Fan said:

Sounded correct speed to me yesterday. Very impressed with the changes this year so far.

Would be nice if both sides of WWTP was played a little louder though, really sets the atmosphere when its pumping out. Tidal/beach area has been exceptionally quiet all my visits this season.

2 minutes ago, Mattgwise said:

Sounded correct speed to me yesterday. Very impressed with the changes this year so far.

Would be nice if both sides of WWTP was played a little louder though, really sets the atmosphere when its pumping out. Tidal/beach area has been exceptionally quiet all my visits this season.

WWTP around Tidal/Amity is barely audible over the crowd this season. I think it's because most of the speakers are dead. However it's finally playing in the megastore!

Over at Stealth I've found it to be normal in the queue, but quite around the Speedway but this is probably because the Bose 801 on the truck trailer has been removed.

I'm glad people are liking the new (ish) WWTP around Stealth and I'd like to thank tech for getting it up. Stealth is a bit of a personal project of mine, having painted the poles on the station last year, US flag replacement, White-wall tyres, cleaning the buildings/stairs, helped with the new banners, offload announcement and the soundtrack. Hopefully more to come. Having listened to it through while operating the ride, I have noticed a few volume issues that can be corrected in the editing. It was made it 2015 when I had less experience. I've actually re-edited it already to the point the audio wave form is perfectly balanced (thanks Audacity!). I have had a play at doing the Tidal one as well, as currently how its been edited sounds terrible.

I've been all around the 50 speakers that are on Stealth and plan to put together a plan of what is wrong over there. In a nutshell, 4 802's (PLAZA area) are dead/missing as well as 6 queue speakers so it will be a bit quiet compared to before. I'll try and get them submitted when I'm back in.

For now, sit by teacups enjoy some of the commercials and segments that haven't been heard for years. Go Go Go with... constipo!

1 hour ago, A-Kid said:

I'm glad people are liking the new (ish) WWTP around Stealth and I'd like to thank tech for getting it up. Stealth is a bit of a personal project of mine, having painted the poles on the station last year, US flag replacement, White-wall tyres, cleaning the buildings/stairs, helped with the new banners, offload announcement and the soundtrack. Hopefully more to come. Having listened to it through while operating the ride, I have noticed a few volume issues that can be corrected in the editing. It was made it 2015 when I had less experience. I've actually re-edited it already to the point the audio wave form is perfectly balanced (thanks Audacity!). I have had a play at doing the Tidal one as well, as currently how its been edited sounds terrible.

I've been all around the 50 speakers that are on Stealth and plan to put together a plan of what is wrong over there. In a nutshell, 4 802's (PLAZA area) are dead/missing as well as 6 queue speakers so it will be a bit quiet compared to before. I'll try and get them submitted when I'm back in.

For now, sit by teacups enjoy some of the commercials and segments that haven't been heard for years. Go Go Go with... constipo!

I would like to see both Stealths and Tidal/Amity Beach speakers get replaced with the EV Evid speakers the park has been using lately. They sound much better than the Bose Freespace 51's currently used in the queue and they can output a level similar to what the 802's are capable of.

If Storm Surge can get a new sound system (we all know it's one of the worst rides in the park) why can't the parks most iconic areas get them?

5 minutes ago, TP-Fan said:

I would like to see both Stealths and Tidal/Amity Beach speakers get replaced with the EV Evid speakers the park has been using lately. They sound much better than the Bose Freespace 51's currently used in the queue and they can output a level similar to what the 802's are capable of.

If Storm Surge can get a new sound system (we all know it's one of the worst rides in the park) why can't the parks most iconic areas get them?

I expect they can - just cant all happen overnight :P

Also Storm Surge before its new speakers were installed was very quiet which I would guess makes it a higher priority- I wouldn't say Stealth and Tidal are too bad apart from an odd quiet spot.

2 minutes ago, Marc said:

I expect they can - just cant all happen overnight :P

Also Storm Surge before its new speakers were installed was barley audiable which I would guess makes it a higher priority- I wouldn't say Stealth and Tidal are too bad apart from an odd quiet spot.

Yeah, its fine for now but I like to see replaced for the 2018 season! I miss WWTP blasting around Tidal it created a fantastic atmosphere, especially on a hot day.