Park Music

humjosh

Thorpe Have Once Again Released More Snippets On Youtube, There's About 4 Snippets In The Video, They All Sound Really Nice And There Seems To Be An Angry Birds Land Variant Of The Island Theme (Just Sounds Like It) I Honestly Think Thorpe Might Actually Release The Soundtrack On A CD Because Of How Much Snippets They've Released, Hopefully That Will Happen!

On 9/28/2017 at 7:25 PM, Themeparkwizard said:

Thorpe Have Once Again Released More Snippets On Youtube, There's About 4 Snippets In The Video, They All Sound Really Nice And There Seems To Be An Angry Birds Land Variant Of The Island Theme (Just Sounds Like It) I Honestly Think Thorpe Might Actually Release The Soundtrack On A CD Because Of How Much Snippets They've Released, Hopefully That Will Happen!

Have you got a link? I can't see it.

15 minutes ago, Martin.C said:

Pretty certain in that video it's a combination of three different area tracks mixed together, as part of it is played from both the Dome and Donut Factory.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Believe you're right - somewhere between the 2:30-2:50 mark the Donut Factory music kicks in, and around the 3:30 mark the Dome music is there.  Can't remember if it's been said, but Shark Hotel music is also played at the end of day too.

The video made me cringe at 3:29..."If your arriving after day time hours..." - whoops! ;)

18 minutes ago, BaronC. said:

The video made me cringe at 3:29..."If your arriving after day time hours..." - whoops! ;)

God, how do they make a grammar mistake that simple? How does no one on the team that creates these videos actually say 'Hey, one of you guys made a primary school level mistake here, let's change it!'

Truly stupid. 

On ‎06‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 1:57 PM, StevenVig said:

Talking of errors, who can spot the one in this photo?

22049849_1435837729804855_18802688794302

"Living Nighmare" - should be 'Living Nightmare'

"Derren Browns Ghost Train Rise Of The Demon" - should be 'Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon', or 'Waste of Time and Money: The Experience'.

Heard the new Colossus area theme on my fateful visit to the park the other day, completely forgot they had changed the theme and found myself standing there questioning "wtf is this", then it dawned on me that this is the new theme alot of you have been raving about, each to his own I suppose but I think it's crap and it really takes alot of the atmosphere (not that there's much left) out of the Colossus area.

57 minutes ago, Mega-Lite said:

Heard the new Colossus area theme on my fateful visit to the park the other day, completely forgot they had changed the theme and found myself standing there questioning "wtf is this", then it dawned on me that this is the new theme alot of you have been raving about, each to his own I suppose but I think it's crap and it really takes alot of the atmosphere (not that there's much left) out of the Colossus area.

I agree, it doesn't suit the ride. The previous theme was perfect. I think the new track worked well for the Lost city area, just not Colossus.

I wouldn't personally say that the music is taking away any atmosphere - I think since earlier in the year a couple of the speakers along the colossus bridge have stopped working - one these are back working so you can hear it across the entire Colossus area I think that will help a lot.

On the same subject of new music - heard more of the new jungle theme at the weekend playing in pizza pasta, it sounded pretty good, I quite like how they've managed to incorporate the Nemesis Inferno music into it too.

Yes that jungle track is pretty good I agree. I'm a fan of all the new music just not liking the new Colossus and lost city track playing through Colossus when the previous track was miles better. I feel so much more of the old track could have been utilised in its new track and maybe I'd have liked it more. The previous track would literally have people humming to it at most sections of the track, even the non enthusiast guests. I don't think I've seen a soul do that with the new one, except for maybe the one main section of old Colossus theme that was kept. 

The audio upgrades around the park are great, but if something "works" and is popular, it's best left as it is.  Colossus's theme was one of these examples IMO.

As nice as some of the new audio is (love the island theme!), a theme park has to have different areas of contrast rather than the same or similar audio throughout IMO - something Thorpe used to do very well.

If they ruin Inferno's soundtrack I'll be gutted :(

Completely agree about the "Island theme" being used a bit too often across too many of the attractions on park and certainly agree that in some cases it's taking atmosphere and character out of certain attractions. Also it may have just been because I was on my own in a very quiet Pizza Pasta, but the theme in there was starting to wind me up.

Colossus certainly isn't up to the old standard in my eyes and although I've yet to ride X due to the stupid 2 person in a row rule, I'm not sure that's going to sit well with me either.

In some cases like the Dome and entrance plaza I like the new identity it brings to the park but I think the rolling out to all the rides needs to stop for now. Leave Inferno alone!

On 14/10/2017 at 1:46 PM, Mega-Lite said:

Completely agree about the "Island theme" being used a bit too often across too many of the attractions on park and certainly agree that in some cases it's taking atmosphere and character out of certain attractions. Also it may have just been because I was on my own in a very quiet Pizza Pasta, but the theme in there was starting to wind me up.

Colossus certainly isn't up to the old standard in my eyes and although I've yet to ride X due to the stupid 2 person in a row rule, I'm not sure that's going to sit well with me either.

In some cases like the Dome and entrance plaza I like the new identity it brings to the park but I think the rolling out to all the rides needs to stop for now. Leave Inferno alone!

The whole point of the 'Island Theme' is that it is supposed to be identifiable, it was designed to be used across the resort. It has grown on me a lot, I was skeptical at first.

If you go to CWoA, you will hear in most areas, their own identifiable hook if you will. Alton also has one, and was probably the first out of the three to do this, but they used In The Hall of The Mountain Kings, which is not original, but it works for them.