Park Music

humjosh

It think it's great they are doing this, but for me the boat has been missed. The original scores for the older rides are 'my' Thorpe Park, and I'd love to have them, but the new ones do nothing for me and mean nothing to me. There's nothing wrong with them I suppose, it's just not of my time, and I don't think on the whole they are an improvement on what went before.

947-royalty-free-content.jpg.jpg

30 minutes ago, Mega-Lite said:

Was it?

I much preferred the collection of dance/techno tracks it had before, in my eyes (ears), it was a case of once again adding that damn island theme to every area and every ride. 

To be fair, the tracks continued to play in the queue (both indoor and outdoor) I think, it was just the ride area where it didn't.  Gave it a bit more of a memorable feel and was just fun.

32 minutes ago, Mega-Lite said:

Was it?

I much preferred the collection of dance/techno tracks it had before, in my eyes (ears), it was a case of once again adding that damn island theme to every area and every ride. 

I quite liked it as there was still a mix of audio in the queueline, whereas I think the island theme worked well in the pyramid as you spend very little time in there - therefore the benefit of having a long playlist was somewhat wasted.

On 15/12/2017 at 6:49 PM, Coaster said:

I mean I'll miss hearing it in the ride, it was such a fantastic idea to add a "disco version" of the Thorpe theme to X, a shame to see it removed already.

Agreed! Although it's not the first time they've removed a soundtrack quickly, 2013 X had an original dance track which only lasted one year (still want to get my hands on it, best music they ever had on that ride!)

12 hours ago, EpicSmatty said:

Agreed! Although it's not the first time they've removed a soundtrack quickly, 2013 X had an original dance track which only lasted one year (still want to get my hands on it, best music they ever had on that ride!)

Yeah, the 2013 playlist was brilliant - I used to go on X just to listen to the music! :lol:

Anyone remember the amazingly sinister orchestral music it used to have as X:/ No Way Out?  So many memories of this!

• 2 weeks later...

Wonderful video there - it's a shame we don't see more of these things from Thorpe in general (and the response to the video shows that people do enjoy seeing these things).  It's also refreshing that it's not just one random marketing person doing all the talking, but instead people from both sides who were involved in the whole process - the passion definitely comes through!

Looking forward to seeing more IMA score in the future (hopefully!) and getting my hands on that X soundtrack <3

On 10/01/2018 at 8:05 PM, James said:

I've seen on Facebook and Twitter today that people who pre-ordered the IMA CD have received them now. What do people think of it? Is it worth buying? (Asking as someone who's yet to actually hear the tracks on park!)

Yes its great :P 

- Love that video and the insights it gives

- Love the whole concept of bring the park audio together with a consistent identity theme tune

- Like that the classic ride themes have been incorporated into the new themes, if they had to be updated. Inferno and Collosus especially were strong enough already though, should have left them alone tbh.

- Adore the opening countdown, have seen it myself and didn't know it was a thing

- Unfortunately I don't like the actual theme they have running through it, sounds kind of childish somehow, like it would fit in better at Chessington. It doesn't have much sense of drama, as a melody, and worst of all it's very forgettable.

2 hours ago, Stuntman707 said:

Am I right in thinking some of the different sections in the song are cut up and played in different areas of the maze and then they all sync up?

That's what I've gathered from going through Big Top too. There must be at least 3 different variants of the 2.5 minute loop inside all playing in sync with each other.

The main strobe section has the least amount of background noise present (section 2:11 to 3:27, plus the last 23 seconds), the majority of the rest of the track is used in all the corridors and smaller areas, and clearly just before the end is the version used for the dressing room scene. Madame Mephisto's audio I don't believe syncs with these tracks as it's a seperate section of the maze.

But I agree, after hearing Big Top's theme properly, it sounds superb! One of the best tunes I've heard IMAscore make after Helix and Galactica. :wub:

59 minutes ago, Martin.C said:

That's what I've gathered from going through Big Top too. There must be at least 3 different variants of the 2.5 minute loop inside all playing in sync with each other.

The main strobe section has the least amount of background noise present (section 2:11 to 3:27, plus the last 23 seconds), the majority of the rest of the track is used in all the corridors and smaller areas, and clearly just before the end is the version used for the dressing room scene. Madame Mephisto's audio I don't believe syncs with these tracks as it's a seperate section of the maze.

But I agree, after hearing Big Top's theme properly, it sounds superb! One of the best tunes I've heard then make after Helix and Galactica. :wub:

I’m so glad you love the track so much.

And - Madame Mephisto does actually sync with the rest of the audio :)