Park Music

humjosh

39 minutes ago, Marhelorpe said:

Oh yes, something else I couldn’t help but notice yesterday was who here remembers when Lost City/Colossus’ theme used to be high-pitched for a number of years from 2012 - 2015 I believe? Well, it’s made a return but to another area of the park this time!

It now appears that the Dome’s audio is playing it’s 30-minute ‘Port & Basecamp’ track slightly faster than usual at a higher pitch and was only playing downstairs and through the speakers outside facing Vortex. Inside the Dome however, nothing. No audio playing at all in there yesterday until the park closed with it’s End-of-Day/Shark Hotel audio.

Hopefully this is fixed as soon as possible and not left untouched for another 5 years.

Stealth's audio was like this for ages as well. It only got fixed sometime last year.

On 6/11/2018 at 1:33 PM, Marhelorpe said:

Oh yes, something else I couldn’t help but notice yesterday was who here remembers when Lost City/Colossus’ theme used to be high-pitched for a number of years from 2012 - 2016? Well, it’s made a return but to another area of the park this time!

It now appears that the Dome’s audio is playing it’s 30-minute ‘Port & Basecamp’ track slightly faster than usual at a higher pitch and was only playing downstairs and through the speakers outside facing Vortex. Inside the Dome however, nothing. No audio playing at all in there yesterday until the park closed with it’s End-of-Day/Shark Hotel audio.

Hopefully this is fixed as soon as possible and not left untouched for another 5 years.

it's people not knowing what they are doing

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, ProjectX said:

Hi! Does anyone have a copy of the old SFX loop for Amity Cove during older Fright Nights events please? :)

2 hours ago, Marc said:

From my own memory this wasn't just played in Amity Cove. I believe this was played PARK-WIDE because I definitely remember it playing in Canada Creek and in the queue for the Flying Fish. :)

Yeah I know I still remember what the park was like when I was 6...

• 1 month later...

Today was my first visit to Thorpe since the IMA Score audio was introduced. I have to say, having heard it on the CD I'm actually quite disappointed with how it sounded at the park. 

A lot of the equipment around the park sounded worse for wear but whether or not that's faulty amplifiers or cabling rather than phsyical speakers I don't know. The quality and coverage is all over the place.

The Nemesis Inferno station track (which I hadn't heard until today) sounded absolutely fantastic and that was what I was most impressed with. What has happened to all the sound systems on the flat rides though? Rush, Vortex and Detonator had their soundtracks but they were barely audible; Samurai was the complete opposite with the music being so loud it distorts the speakers. Quantum and the Swarm's station just had nothing at all. 

In terms of park-wide audio it doesn't seem to create a real ambience, for example around the Lost City flats it's not a continuous ambience but more just two speakers which are extremely loud if you're standing right next to them and nothing else. The same for Dome, absolutely booming in the toilets but gentle ambience upstairs. No consistency. Anyone who's ridden Helix at Liseberg should have an appreciation of how much of a difference the audio can have with proper continuous coverage rather than what Thorpe have got. 

A shame really. Not much point having all these specially composed soundtracks if you've not got a decent sound system to play it on. 

15 hours ago, James said:

A lot of the equipment around the park sounded worse for wear but whether or not that's faulty amplifiers or cabling rather than phsyical speakers I don't know. The quality and coverage is all over the place.

From my knowledge of sound equipment I'm pretty sure it's problems with he speakers themselves (mainly being broken) as a faulty amplifier would cause all the speakers connected to it to sound quiet/wrong rather than just a few.

I noticed the problems a lot around Colossus, one speaker would be pumping out music while the rest didn't work, meaning you could only hear the soundtrack in about 20% of the area! Was very disappointing.

26 minutes ago, EpicSmatty said:

From my knowledge of sound equipment I'm pretty sure it's problems with he speakers themselves (mainly being broken) as a faulty amplifier would cause all the speakers connected to it to sound quiet/wrong rather than just a few.

I noticed the problems a lot around Colossus, one speaker would be pumping out music while the rest didn't work, meaning you could only hear the soundtrack in about 20% of the area! Was very disappointing.

Colosuss has its big Bose 802’s fixed last year which still work (apart from the one near rush) which help add a lot - but for the last couple of years a few of the smaller Bose ones up across the area have stopped working leaving some dead patches. Hopefully one day it can be sorted!

2 hours ago, EpicSmatty said:

Thorpe has a rather large sound system and each ride actually has a lot of amps, so the issue will be a mix of speakers and amp .

Sadly they dont have a team with the skills to fix the issues, as well as money and the 'want too' attitude.

Just putting it out there but the new Inferno music is awful. Agree with me or not, I hate it.

I’m not quite sure what area it is classed as but when I walk around the area of Storm Surge towards The Swarm, there is usually music playing that sounds like snapping (I don’t know how to put it - please bare with me?). No idea what it really is but I think it sounds cool so...

5 hours ago, Marc said:

Stealth audio is much better now - plaza has had speakers put back on to the truck - station has had lots of work too - station audios working through all the speakers again finally and the bass from under the station is working properly again. ??

Stealth sounded better than I've heard it in years, it was the first time I've been since they fixed the pitch! There were still some dead speakers around the queue line but that wasn't a massive issue. Saying that I nearly died when I saw the queue line TV's actually working?!

1 hour ago, MattyMoo said:

Oh my god, that's unheard of with my bae Stealth. Looking forward to seeing it soon.

Also - with regards to FN audio, all I wanna hear is the Rush WE'RE GONNA PUSH YOU REALLY HIGH creepy playground vibes ?

Ahh the audio at FN was so much better in the mid 2000s, virtually every ride a different track! Midnight syndicate rules for Halloween!

Detonators Humpty dumpty, Charlie and the chocolate factory on Rumba and Asylum/freezer are among some of my favourites from over the years!

1 minute ago, Benin said:

I had the old Det FN music stuck in my head the other day for no discernible reason... 

All the king's horses and all the king's men, couldn't put YOU back together again! :wub:

I forget the second part of the "We the children are in control" spiel though...

We the children are in control, we promise not to play with mind and soul. Our souls belong to our haunted past and with us you will learn promises never last.

I think? The mind and soul bit might be wrong. Campaign to have it reinstated? Ohh yus!

You will be pleased to know, that seasoned theme park composer, Nick Hutson has created all new audio for this years FRIGHT NIGHTS!

This includes new Admissions, Bridge, Lost City, The Jungle, Old Town and Amity (Yes... a brand new WWTP loop!) audio... as well as  new ride music and original music and audio for the new mazes.  

Bye IMAScore ??