Park Music

humjosh

Yep Thorpe's sound system upgrade is amazing! I hope when lockdown restrictions ease they turn the sound cannons in infernos station up a bit more like in the summer last year when they were pumping, you could even feel the base outside of the station! 

Does anyone know what plays through the speakers at saws drop? I’ve always wondered what is supposed to play through them! :)

E70C818A-C310-477B-9291-6775F5BE4111.jpeg

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Audio is a a bit of a mess at present. There's a High number of broken speakers and areas silent (though these speakers seem to work after hearing announcements), or playing incorrect audio. It's quite concerning given the almost parkwide overhaul of the speakers with the RFC replacement. 

- Nothing down the jungle area and outside Old Town BK

-Angry Birds playing across most of Jungle and half of Amity including SiaT. 

- Detonator audio not working, some great staff interaction though

- vortex queue playing Lost City Imascore cuts in and out

- no music working at Saw (speakers work for announcements)

-only one speaker appears to play the Rush queue audio. 

- Swarm queue no music

-extension area of Stealth not working (these have never worked since the overhaul) 

Theres probably more but just some I've noticed in my couple of visits this last week and a bit. 

Many of these speakers are looking a bit worse for wear as well with rust and stuff on them

On 3/27/2022 at 7:03 PM, JoshC. said:

I'm under the impression that there's been changes as to which departments look after the audio within the park now. This may be causing transitional problems with getting them sorted.

Not a good look for start of season. Hopefully this is just a teething problem and can be gotten on top of quickly. 

You are correct, the responsibilities have been delegated to different teams now. Absolutely no idea why, it's just going to make life harder for themselves. This was apparent on opening day, where WWTP was completely switched off over at Stealth, half of Amity Cove was silent, that could be due to the stage that's there. 

Its such a shame seeing such a capable sound system in a mess like this, hopefully it'll return back to normal soon with it being back to its former glory. 

What I have noticed too is how some parts of the new sound system have never worked! Surely when your spending a large amount of money on a new sound system you would make sure it works first! Also the sound levels have never been correct on some rides with them being very quiet like in saws station and pre show.

Another thing I've noticed is Inferno's sound cannons have got considerably worse, last season they were making a weird muffling noise after they switched from Park Vibe's soundtrack to the Fright Night's one but it wasn't too noticeable. Now you can really hear the strange noises they are making, has anyone else noticed this? Its a shame as the sound cannons used to sound amazing especially a few years ago when they turned them up but they are coming up to 20 years old now so I'm surprised they've lasted this long!

Inferno's Bose cannons have been an issue since at least 2009 when I started reading these forums.

They did turn them up a bit (I guess) a few years ago, but they weren't right even then.

I think they were off for several years prior to that?

I completely agree with you - I can never understand why things like this are just left broken for.. well.. decades actually.

Very frustrating because the music is really important in my opinion.

I've done a bit of armchair maintenance and it looks like those cannons go for about £600 now adays.  It surely wouldn't cost very much to buy some new ones and get them installed.

It's just such a shame because I can remember waiting to get on Inferno as a teen, and hearing the bass absolutely booming in the station. It was really something when they worked actually!

The old Inferno theme song must have been written with those bass canons in mind. It was glorious 😂

The bass cannons were originally removed from use when the  park wide system was installed.

they weren't compatible with the new system from what I remember as it would require a separate low frequency feed.

they never have properly got them working since even when they have tried

• 4 weeks later...

Small audio changes I noticed from last Saturday compared to my visits last year the Bridge is now in synch with the dome's audio rather than the entrance/ Admissions. Nemesis inferno exit is now the Jungle Loop rather than just the original nemesis soundtrack. Angry birds plays right up to nemesis inferno now maybe it did before but inferno's surrounding area up to burger king etc turned down a bit compared to how it was booming last year. Old town more of black mirror and mixed with country western imascore soundtrack hasnt played for sometime down there. Lost city, no different amity WWTP was off around thrillmakers stage didnt visit swarm so cant say. 

• 2 months later...

Good news! After hearing it in a recent vlog it looks like the old Colossus soundtrack is back! Hopefully it stays as a few years ago it did come back for a few weeks but was changed back again, recently this also happened with swarms audio but was also changed back. I hope we see some more old sountracks come back as the team in charge of sound system a few seasons ago were bringing some of the old ones (like Inferno's) back and adding some nice new touches like adding Hello Zepp to Saw's dispatch. But the problems like quiet audio and broken speakers still remain so we can only hope the new team in charge can get a better understanding of the system and fix these problems for Fright Nights! Also, when is that fire effect on Tidal Wave ever going to work???

• 4 weeks later...

Such a shame to hear of the system in such disrepair and in such a dire state. 

Even more so when there is a (admittedly very small) team dedicated to maintaining this infrastructure. 

What has always been ridiculous about the way TP is managed, is that whoever fancies making a decision about what plays where has the ability to do just that. It’s not governed by the park, by marketing or by Merlin. So whoever it was who asked for Carly Rae Jepsen, slip a little card in the suggestion box and you’ll probably find it happens tomorrow.

As for Inferno’s canons, the infrastructure is entirely capable of their continued use. It’s just lack of maintenance that stops them from doing what Bose had installed them to do in Infernos heyday. 

Intrigued to find out peoples preferences. We've had the original music back at Inferno for the last couple of seasons and now Colossus recently. 

Do people generally prefer the original tracks or the Imascore stuff?

For me I love the Imascore stuff around admissions and the dome but far prefer the original themes at Inferno and Colossus. The newer stuff was just too calming, less atmospheric for the ride and so didn't fit as well in my opinion. 

I actually quite liked the IMAScore tracks on Colossus and Inferno myself. Particularly the one they added into Inferno’s station; that was very atmospheric with all the drums and bass, in my opinion!

I also much prefer the IMAScore around admissions and the dome to the old music; I think those new tracks give the area a really nice vibe!

3 hours ago, Matt N said:

I actually quite liked the IMAScore tracks on Colossus and Inferno myself. Particularly the one they added into Inferno’s station; that was very atmospheric with all the drums and bass, in my opinion!

TBF I agree with that. The newer station one is excellent, and as far as I am aware still exists. But the Jungle tracks that played around the Inferno queue were just too slow and calming, which didn't suit the ride IMO

I agree with you both with the Entrance and Dome area alot better with Imascore music playing. Oktoberfest and parkvibes tracks are also personal favourite event tracks of mine. It was refreshing to hear the old nemesis inferno track when it came back and I like the current mix of old in the queue and the new in the station booming out and the jungle tracks should definitely be left for the surrounding area Mr Monkeys to Wilderness. I also prefer the old town imascore playing even if was a short loop to the old country music they play now. With Lost city I think the old track should of played since the start of the season for its 20th but unlike Nemesis I prefer the new lost city stuff more to its old track

• 1 month later...

Park audio at Thorpe seemed a little bit weird today, for numerous reasons. Some things I noticed included:

• There was no audio playing at all in the entrance area, on the bridge or in the Dome. I did initially wonder if this was out of respect following the Queen's death, but the audio in the rest of the park suggested otherwise.
  • Swarm's area and station were very quiet, apart from the dispatch sound sequence. Speakers seemed to be playing a mix of the original area track and the 2021 area track.
  • Colossus/Lost City seemed to be alternating between the original track and the IMAScore track.
  • Both Inferno and Saw's station speakers now make a rather horrid crackling noise when certain sound effects play; on Inferno, it crackled when the dispatch track ended, and on Saw, it crackled after the alarm sound that begins Jigsaw's safety spiel and after the dispatch track ended.
  • Inferno's exterior queue didn't seem to have any audio at all.

2 hours ago, Inferno said:

I don’t understand it either. 
The tech has been blamed for many years, but if that’s the case why can’t it simply be fixed by a professional or replaced with something that works?

The whole concept of park wide audio and its initial implementation is a mess from 07/08.