Park Music

humjosh

On 9/11/2022 at 12:34 AM, Matt N said:

Both Inferno and Saw's station speakers now make a rather horrid crackling noise when certain sound effects play; on Inferno, it crackled when the dispatch track ended, and on Saw, it crackled after the alarm sound that begins Jigsaw's safety spiel and after the dispatch track ended.

Unfortunately for saws station speakers they have been turn up too loud causing them to distort which is an issue I’m surprised hasn’t been fixed as it’s painful to listen too.

With inferno it’s the case of the sound cannons being turn up too high and being partly blown as when the Park Vibes soundtrack was changed they started making these cracking noises. But It could also be because of the cannons age leading to foam rot.

It’s a real shame that these issues are still continuing, I’m guessing it’s partly due to the team in charge of audio and the budget for the sound system overall. Swarms station main speakers and the open section of old towns haven’t worked in a while which could be due a amplifier breaking and there not being any money available to fix it. Then again it could be the technicians in charge are mainly focused on more important roles in the park and don’t have the time to be working on issues which could take a while to fix.

One thing I did see online is someone asking for the billy doll preshow audio to be fixed in which it was! This also leads to fact park audio is not supervised and no one is checking if things are working unless things are reported. 

This is a real issue as audio really adds to the experience and it not working is a real shame.

On 9/12/2022 at 3:54 PM, Bayorame said:

Unfortunately for saws station speakers they have been turn up too loud causing them to distort which is an issue I’m surprised hasn’t been fixed as it’s painful to listen too.

With inferno it’s the case of the sound cannons being turn up too high and being partly blown as when the Park Vibes soundtrack was changed they started making these cracking noises. But It could also be because of the cannons age leading to foam rot.

It’s a real shame that these issues are still continuing, I’m guessing it’s partly due to the team in charge of audio and the budget for the sound system overall. Swarms station main speakers and the open section of old towns haven’t worked in a while which could be due a amplifier breaking and there not being any money available to fix it. Then again it could be the technicians in charge are mainly focused on more important roles in the park and don’t have the time to be working on issues which could take a while to fix.

One thing I did see online is someone asking for the billy doll preshow audio to be fixed in which it was! This also leads to fact park audio is not supervised and no one is checking if things are working unless things are reported. 

This is a real issue as audio really adds to the experience and it not working is a real shame.

Has the Billy doll audio been turned up? All the times I've ridden it, the station audio really overpowers the doll and I literally can't hear a word he says - still to this day I'm not entirely sure what it actually is that he does say 😂 Really good to hear if it has, that's a job that needed to be done for a loooooong time.

From having watched a POV, Billy says something along these lines:

”So, thrill hunters… the game has begun. You are locked into a mechanical device from which there is no escape. Ahead of you are a series of devices that will determine your existence. Time is against you. Live or die… make your choice. Here’s what happens if you lose…”

I think Billy might have been either very quiet or off entirely on my last visit, because I don’t remember hearing this speech very well.

POV:

(Billy’s speech starts at 0:16)

10 hours ago, Matt N said:

From having watched a POV, Billy says something along these lines:

”So, thrill hunters… the game has begun. You are locked into a mechanical device from which there is no escape. Ahead of you are a series of devices that will determine your existence. Time is against you. Live or die… make your choice. Here’s what happens if you lose…”

I think Billy might have been either very quiet or off entirely on my last visit, because I don’t remember hearing this speech very well.

POV:

(Billy’s speech starts at 0:16)

This is brilliant - granted it feels weird not hearing the SAW theme on blast in the station, but the Billy puppet pre-show really sets the tone for the rest of the coaster. They really do either need to turn the station audio down (they really need to do this because the station audio is always SO incredibly loud - I couldn't imagine having to work in there, it's hard enough standing there for 10 minutes before boarding the train!) or crank the Billy dialogue waaaaaaay up.

• 4 weeks later...

Visited yesterday for first time in ages. Super fun day although sad that all the music was in such a mess! No music at all at the entrance, bridge, dome, around Tidal Wave, Colossus, Inferno’s station, SAW queue, Detonator… all in total silence. The few places that were playing music just had the same 80s style Fright Nights track playing, which got really irritating! 

The park music was one of the things the park used to do really well, especially with Fright Nights overlays, so it’s a big shame. It really does make a big difference to the atmosphere

I agree, the music this Fright Nights isn't great. So many areas which feel rather quiet / dead. There seems to be little variation too, which is a shame.

I know it wasn't always the most popular school of thought, but I always really liked the 'Island changes after dark' motif, where Fright Nights music kicked in when the attractions opened. Something just doesn't feel quite right hearing the generic Fright Nights music at noon in the middle of the park.

And whilst I wasn't a fan of much of the 2018 event, it did bring out the nicely themed ride announcements based around different fears. Wish the park ran with that a bit more. 

It's a real, crying shame though. A few years ago the park's audio had improved quite significantly, and there was a team in place to really look after it and continue those improvements. That seems to have dissipated recently and it really does show.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Odd decision seeing as pretty much all the Fright Night soundtracks they’ve used for Stealth have all still said heads back and face forwards and a countdown. 

What a shame. Seems they’ve become more strict since people were asking for ‘blind launches’ every other dispatch.

Still doesn’t explain why there isn’t Fright Nights audio on the other flats and coasters. 

4 hours ago, UrthwormYT said:

There's a loop that plays around Detonator from 2016 to present day and I just can't seem to find it. It's an orchestral sounding tune with sound effects from Angry Birds. I have no idea if anyone has it, but anyone does PLEASE let me know and send it if you can.

Kind regards, 

Urth

:) 

is it the song in the background of this ?

On 10/22/2023 at 2:08 PM, UrthwormYT said:

There's a loop that plays around Detonator from 2016 to present day and I just can't seem to find it. It's an orchestral sounding tune with sound effects from Angry Birds. I have no idea if anyone has it, but anyone does PLEASE let me know and send it if you can.

Kind regards, 

Urth

:) 

I managed to find the original artist years ago and purchased a copy. Because of my impressive organisational skills, I removed the original metadata of the artist and track name, so have no idea what it was called now. But this is the clip you are after. 

I'm not all bad on here 😉

Edited by StevenVig
File redacted because that's how everyone rolled back in the day

18 hours ago, StevenVig said:

I managed to find the original artist years ago and purchased a copy. Because of my impressive organisational skills, I removed the original metadata of the artist and track name, so have no idea what it was called now. But this is the clip you are after. 

I'm not all bad on here 😉

234336260_1-01AngryBirdsLandAreaThemeClip.mp3 3.52 MB · 6 downloads

Thanks mate!!

On 11/3/2023 at 4:55 PM, planenut said:

It seems that during one night in the last week the Park audio systems were left on, all night, only to be turned off by staff arriving at 7a.m.. Completes from neighbouring areas such as Chertsey have received an apology from the Park.

This has happened more than once in the past few weeks. 

• 4 weeks later...