Park Music

humjosh

42 minutes ago, HermanTheGerman said:

They’re currently playing the old end of day music after close. The one from 2002(?)-2011 I believe. A great shame really, the music from the Shark Hotel they were playing last year was much nicer. Definitely one of the better imascore tracks, and it fit really nicely as a “winding down” sort of piece. 

The 2002-2011 one is just far too lively and in your face. 

And so continues the lack of directive from either the park or its parent company over what should be the warm goodbye at the end of your visit and enticing you to come back. Basically, whoever has the reigns over the system and the files available has the deciding vote. Tragic!

25 minutes ago, JoshC. said:

Think they should go back to playing this at the end of the day:

The chorus would certainly work...

Reveal hidden contents

Aha I remember when they used to play The Noise park wide at the end of the day *shudders* ... I agree the shark hotel

music does work well as an end of day track - that said the original one isn’t a bad bit of music either although not sure how much it suits anymore.

My favourite will always be the original, just like the incredible orchestral entrance soundtrack.

I'd go as far as to say that Thorpe' music around 2008ish was just incredible across the whole park.  Every area had its own unique feel, there was lots of fun, quirky music and the park just had a really good atmosphere.  The playlists such as WTTP and Canada Creek fitted in so well back then.  Fun things like Rumba's old theme have since been replaced with dull forgettable tracks? Why?

It does however appear that once again the park don't really know what they're doing.  Why go to the extent of changing and reworking the entire park audio to the IMAScore stuff if you're just going to change it back a few years later?  How does one old theme fit when everything else is still playing the new theme?  Also they've literally torn all of the old theming out of the dome, the theming that the music was designed around.  How does the old fun end of day track fit in with the corporate bland screens in the dome now?

It's almost as though the disjointed way the park runs and advertises has found its way into the audio as well now!  It's like no forward thought or planning goes into any of the decisions made at that place.  Baffling.

• 1 month later...

Out of curiousity, do any of you have any copies of any tracks used in the mix created for angry birds land?

Also, since my last visit on tuesday, I have noticed some good things regarding audio. Zodiac is now playing its start theme again and Saw's queueline audio has been turned up and now has sound effects/announcements mixed with it.

Zodiac has queue audio back too for the first time in a while, The dome is also playing its proper track now as is shark hotel which is good to hear!

The entrance is still playing a strange short edit of the full version of track - missing out most of the different areas tracks which is a shame, Lost City is also playing a short version of its full track.

4 minutes ago, Marc said:

Zodiac has queue audio back too for the first time in a while, The dome is also playing its proper track now as is shark hotel which is good to hear!

The entrance is still playing a strange short edit of the full version of track - missing out most of the different areas tracks which is a shame, Lost City is also playing a short version of its full track.

Its good that thorpe has dealt with some issues with the audio but there is still stuff they need to sort out, like the short versions of the entrance music and lost city music. Also for some unusual reason on detonator after the countdown, the operator manually cuts the music off which I personally dont understand. And the jungle still has its short version playing outside, though the full version does play inside the fastrack outpost.

50 minutes ago, Themeparkwizard said:

Its good that thorpe has dealt with some issues with the audio but there is still stuff they need to sort out, like the short versions of the entrance music and lost city music. Also for some unusual reason on detonator after the countdown, the operator manually cuts the music off which I personally dont understand. And the jungle still has its short version playing outside, though the full version does play inside the fastrack outpost.

Noticed that on detonator - a couple of years ago they replaced the Bose speakers at the top with cheaper emergency like speakers (no idea on the proper term!) which are very loud - the loud sound effect noise as it drops probably travels and gets complaints so they cut it just before that. I’m pretty sure before the angry birds music was added the platform and top of tower were split into left and right channels so only the countdown played at the top avoiding that issue!

• 2 weeks later...

Noticing more and more changes recently with music at the park - Detonator platform now plays the queue line music when the rides announcements aren’t playing. Tidal Wave station finally has WWTP back playing in there (it’s been years!)

Speakers at the entrance where the security queue is are also much louder now which was much needed!

On 6/15/2019 at 8:42 PM, Marc said:

Noticing more and more changes recently with music at the park - Detonator platform now plays the queue line music when the rides announcements aren’t playing. Tidal Wave station finally has WWTP back playing in there (it’s been years!)

Speakers at the entrance where the security queue is are also much louder now which was much needed!

Brilliant to hear that WWTP is playing in the tidal wave station honestly, and its great that the speakers at the entrance are louder now! Also I assume by the queueline music for detonator you mean the more recent one thats been used since 2016/2018?

Heard the old end of day music at the end of day today (funny that), the one that everyone likes. Not sure how long they've been playing it, never heard it before at the park but I can see why. Not sure if it only played in the dome or if it played everywhere, and it didn't play until like 5.30pm, but it was still good to hear.

• 1 month later...

Not sure if this is an old change done, but I’ve started noticing some rides at the park now have a new announcement which is manually controlled by the staff, presumably through a new PA system for each attraction.

Just now, I saw a staff member from Detonator play a pre-recorded announcement which was along the lines of “We hope you’re having a great day at Thorpe Park Resort. Why not upgrade to a season pass?” with some guff that followed after.

This is the 3rd time I’ve noticed it now; once on Detonator, once on Ghost Train and another park-wide (I believe) within the last couple months.

It appears the park are now playing adverts intermittently over the individual ride PA systems by the staff members.

EDIT: Just heard it again today around Colossus’ cobra roll.