humjosh

Park Music

50 minutes ago, Themeparkwizard said:

Its good that thorpe has dealt with some issues with the audio but there is still stuff they need to sort out, like the short versions of the entrance music and lost city music. Also for some unusual reason on detonator after the countdown, the operator manually cuts the music off which I personally dont understand. And the jungle still has its short version playing outside, though the full version does play inside the fastrack outpost.

Noticed that on detonator - a couple of years ago they replaced the Bose speakers at the top with cheaper emergency like speakers (no idea on the proper term!) which are very loud - the loud sound effect noise as it drops probably travels and gets complaints so they cut it just before that. I’m pretty sure before the angry birds music was added the platform and top of tower were split into left and right channels so only the countdown played at the top avoiding that issue!

Sounds like the necessary details getting overlooked in bad retrofits again. And then they probably don't have the opportunity to go back up there during the season to fix what they got wrong.

Noticing more and more changes recently with music at the park - Detonator platform now plays the queue line music when the rides announcements aren’t playing. Tidal Wave station finally has WWTP back playing in there (it’s been years!)

Speakers at the entrance where the security queue is are also much louder now which was much needed!

1 hour ago, Mattgwise said:

It did from about ten days into the season. A shame! 

That is a shame, I hadn't visited since early April so had no idea when it changed again. At least more of the speakers work now so you can actually hear it!

On 6/15/2019 at 8:42 PM, Marc said:

Noticing more and more changes recently with music at the park - Detonator platform now plays the queue line music when the rides announcements aren’t playing. Tidal Wave station finally has WWTP back playing in there (it’s been years!)

Speakers at the entrance where the security queue is are also much louder now which was much needed!

Brilliant to hear that WWTP is playing in the tidal wave station honestly, and its great that the speakers at the entrance are louder now! Also I assume by the queueline music for detonator you mean the more recent one thats been used since 2016/2018?

Heard the old end of day music at the end of day today (funny that), the one that everyone likes. Not sure how long they've been playing it, never heard it before at the park but I can see why. Not sure if it only played in the dome or if it played everywhere, and it didn't play until like 5.30pm, but it was still good to hear.

Not sure if this is an old change done, but I’ve started noticing some rides at the park now have a new announcement which is manually controlled by the staff, presumably through a new PA system for each attraction.

Just now, I saw a staff member from Detonator play a pre-recorded announcement which was along the lines of “We hope you’re having a great day at Thorpe Park Resort. Why not upgrade to a season pass?” with some guff that followed after.

This is the 3rd time I’ve noticed it now; once on Detonator, once on Ghost Train and another park-wide (I believe) within the last couple months.

It appears the park are now playing adverts intermittently over the individual ride PA systems by the staff members.

EDIT: Just heard it again today around Colossus’ cobra roll.

30 minutes ago, Mattgwise said:

Those of you who want to hear the old Colossus music, head to the Colossus shop. 

Aha yes there’s an audio player behind an ice cream rack which I’m sure nobody knows how to access anymore so the IMAScore reload was never moved in there! 

It seems Swarm Island's audio has finally come back to life recently, the original soundtrack can just about be heard from a few areas after months of silence, it's a shame it's so quiet though. The Bose system in that area really used to rock and the audio brought the area to life. Perhaps an amp died during last season or over closed season? Don't remember this area ever being so quiet.

1 hour ago, coaster38 said:

It seems Swarm Island's audio has finally come back to life recently, the original soundtrack can just about be heard from a few areas after months of silence, it's a shame it's so quiet though. The Bose system in that area really used to rock and the audio brought the area to life. Perhaps an amp died during last season or over closed season? Don't remember this area ever being so quiet.

Sometimes amps - sometimes local residents - sometimes a combination! 

18 hours ago, WWTPRadio said:

Aha yes there’s an audio player behind an ice cream rack which I’m sure nobody knows how to access anymore so the IMAScore reload was never moved in there! 

The other day it was playing the old station music, and it definitely wasn't before that.

Not sure if this is an old change done, but I’ve started noticing some rides at the park now have a new announcement which is manually controlled by the staff, presumably through a new PA system for each attraction.

Just now, I saw a staff member from Detonator play a pre-recorded announcement which was along the lines of “We hope you’re having a great day at Thorpe Park Resort. Why not upgrade to a season pass?” with some guff that followed after.

This is the 3rd time I’ve noticed it now; once on Detonator, once on Ghost Train and another park-wide (I believe) within the last couple months.

It appears the park are now playing adverts intermittently over the individual ride PA systems by the staff members.

EDIT: Just heard it again today around Colossus’ cobra roll.
Ah that's what it is, I was on park the other day and heard these

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

A bit random but on my last visit I noticed that the Nemesis Inferno station audio was playing in Inferno's Pizza and Pasta with around a 1 min long track playing continuously and felt quite out of place with the fast tone.

May have already been mentioned but yesterday was the first time I noticed that SAW: TR has seen some vast improvements in its audio - the 802s in the plaza are much louder now and sound fantastic, the queue line audio has also had a volume boost, and inside the station the sound effects and announcements in the queue, loading area and from on the ride at dispatch are much louder and clearer. Really adds to the atmosphere of the whole ride experience, but of course then your head gets bashed about so much you forget all about it 😂