Park Music

humjosh

Yep Thorpe's sound system upgrade is amazing! I hope when lockdown restrictions ease they turn the sound cannons in infernos station up a bit more like in the summer last year when they were pumping, you could even feel the base outside of the station! 

Does anyone know what plays through the speakers at saws drop? I’ve always wondered what is supposed to play through them! :)

E70C818A-C310-477B-9291-6775F5BE4111.jpeg

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Audio is a a bit of a mess at present. There's a High number of broken speakers and areas silent (though these speakers seem to work after hearing announcements), or playing incorrect audio. It's quite concerning given the almost parkwide overhaul of the speakers with the RFC replacement. 

- Nothing down the jungle area and outside Old Town BK

-Angry Birds playing across most of Jungle and half of Amity including SiaT. 

- Detonator audio not working, some great staff interaction though

- vortex queue playing Lost City Imascore cuts in and out

- no music working at Saw (speakers work for announcements)

-only one speaker appears to play the Rush queue audio. 

- Swarm queue no music

-extension area of Stealth not working (these have never worked since the overhaul) 

Theres probably more but just some I've noticed in my couple of visits this last week and a bit. 

Many of these speakers are looking a bit worse for wear as well with rust and stuff on them

I'm under the impression that there's been changes as to which departments look after the audio within the park now. This may be causing transitional problems with getting them sorted.

Not a good look for start of season. Hopefully this is just a teething problem and can be gotten on top of quickly. 

On 3/27/2022 at 7:03 PM, JoshC. said:

I'm under the impression that there's been changes as to which departments look after the audio within the park now. This may be causing transitional problems with getting them sorted.

Not a good look for start of season. Hopefully this is just a teething problem and can be gotten on top of quickly. 

You are correct, the responsibilities have been delegated to different teams now. Absolutely no idea why, it's just going to make life harder for themselves. This was apparent on opening day, where WWTP was completely switched off over at Stealth, half of Amity Cove was silent, that could be due to the stage that's there. 

Scrap themed audio and play my bae Carly Rae/Bae Jepsen throughout the whole park at all times, job done, money saved, which can be invested into fixing that dead panel on the big screen on the plaza and also the green Stealth light xoxo

Its such a shame seeing such a capable sound system in a mess like this, hopefully it'll return back to normal soon with it being back to its former glory. 

What I have noticed too is how some parts of the new sound system have never worked! Surely when your spending a large amount of money on a new sound system you would make sure it works first! Also the sound levels have never been correct on some rides with them being very quiet like in saws station and pre show.

Another thing I've noticed is Inferno's sound cannons have got considerably worse, last season they were making a weird muffling noise after they switched from Park Vibe's soundtrack to the Fright Night's one but it wasn't too noticeable. Now you can really hear the strange noises they are making, has anyone else noticed this? Its a shame as the sound cannons used to sound amazing especially a few years ago when they turned them up but they are coming up to 20 years old now so I'm surprised they've lasted this long!

Inferno's Bose cannons have been an issue since at least 2009 when I started reading these forums.

They did turn them up a bit (I guess) a few years ago, but they weren't right even then.

I think they were off for several years prior to that?

I completely agree with you - I can never understand why things like this are just left broken for.. well.. decades actually.

Very frustrating because the music is really important in my opinion.

I've done a bit of armchair maintenance and it looks like those cannons go for about £600 now adays.  It surely wouldn't cost very much to buy some new ones and get them installed.

It's just such a shame because I can remember waiting to get on Inferno as a teen, and hearing the bass absolutely booming in the station. It was really something when they worked actually!

The old Inferno theme song must have been written with those bass canons in mind. It was glorious 😂

The bass cannons were originally removed from use when the  park wide system was installed.

they weren't compatible with the new system from what I remember as it would require a separate low frequency feed.

they never have properly got them working since even when they have tried

• 4 weeks later...

Small audio changes I noticed from last Saturday compared to my visits last year the Bridge is now in synch with the dome's audio rather than the entrance/ Admissions. Nemesis inferno exit is now the Jungle Loop rather than just the original nemesis soundtrack. Angry birds plays right up to nemesis inferno now maybe it did before but inferno's surrounding area up to burger king etc turned down a bit compared to how it was booming last year. Old town more of black mirror and mixed with country western imascore soundtrack hasnt played for sometime down there. Lost city, no different amity WWTP was off around thrillmakers stage didnt visit swarm so cant say.