The News

Phyciodes

All this gun crime is really depressing. I hate that some members of government think its because Teenagers are bored so find ways to amuse themselves. Rubbish. When I was 14 and bored I didn't think "I know I'll kill Timmy down the road because I need entertainment" so how can they use that as an excuse.

All this gun crime is really depressing. I hate that some members of government think its because Teenagers are bored so find ways to amuse themselves. Rubbish. When I was 14 and bored I didn't think "I know I'll kill Timmy down the road because I need entertainment" so how can they use that as an excuse.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah exactly. The majority of teens are great people, who wouldn't dream of doing something horrible like that. It really is just a few idiots who would do something like this. I seriously wanna know why anyone would do this. Whats the point of killing an innocent kid? Maybe they enjoy seeing people devastated.

gun crime has always been around, the media have now just started bringing it to peoples attention. however, now I'm annoyed because I'm judged by the actions of other people my age & therefore due to this peoples view of me is now down to their issues & mistakes. then people are stupid enough to then believe that we are all the same.

• 4 months later...

I&#39;m sure youve all heard, but a British Airways flight had to crash land at heathrow today - really too me by surprise because on the radio it just described as an emergency landing, and the plane looks pretty mangled :SCompletely lost its power apparently and he had to glide that plane down :D

• 4 months later...

The two children who were stabbed to death the other day, happened where I used to live!!! Like down my friends road, and a minute walk from my brothers flat. Its quite shocking but then in year 10 I came home from school to find that someone had been stabbed in the neck in the road next to mine, and there was also a shooting somewhere close a few months after too. Kinda glad ive moved really.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I agree, it's almost unimaginable. Stuff of nightmares. Just think though, on the news they said America has 90 guns per 100 people!? That's crazy. I can't see any possible reason why people should be allowed to posses firearms. I'm against shooting & hunting animals so I can't see a reason to have them on that front, but surely anyone can work out, no matter the restrictions on the licence or whatever, if people are allowed guns things like this will happen occasionally.Bad stuff.

That killing spree really was shocking. When I was watching it on the news, the randomness of it all just struck me. I felt horror when it seemed to sink in that one person could kill people at complete random and force people to stay inside and fear for their safety. I feel so sorry for the families of the victims as I'm sure they must be in complete distress at this time. I remember when I was in Florida, Obama had a conference in Phoenix I think, and somebody just wandered in with an Assault Rifle! I just sat looking at the screen in complete surprise. I agree that when humans have the ability to get at guns, things like this will happen, I can't believe the readiness at which you can buy guns in America. They sell them in Wal-mart!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Double post, but it's worthy of one. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-11716166This is down the road from me! Like, 20 seconds in the car. I heard the gunshots last night, and I could tell they weren't fireworks, they sounded different, but my mum and brother didn't think so, bet they feel silly now :(But yeah, scary times! I know it isn't that bad/serious compared to other things you hear about, but for the village stuff like this is unheard of! The road is still closed off, police are still there. I always find it odd/exciting when where I live makes big news (I'm sure you all know what I mean, unless you live in Staines or Slough :( ) but this feels bizarre, like I said, for the area it's unheard of and it feels like it should have happened in a city or rough area, not quiet little Copthorne!