The News

Phyciodes

As soon as theres violence in whats supposed to be a peaceful protest, your point becomes completely invalid imo.

Seconded.Everyone has the right to (and should in my opinion) perform a peaceful protest but when people get hurt and vandalism happens, it's a bit of an insult to those who kept our freedom and liberties within our lives - one of those being the right to peaceful protest.

As soon as theres violence in whats supposed to be a peaceful protest, your point becomes completely invalid imo.

I partially agree with this. As ever, it's the minority ruining the majority. The organised planned it to be peaceful, and that's all they did - a peaceful protest. And, as Outfit said, everyone has a right to be involved in a peaceful protest. Many other people also participated in it as well. Yet, some decide to go against this to make it 'front page' news. And, as for what Jack said above, I disagree. Peaceful or not, this protest would have got a lot of media attention. It was talked about a lot before the protest actually occurred, and - even if it received little attention now - it would always be referred to. As for the actual thing they're protesting over, I'm sort of in two minds. I am down right against a raise in tuition fees personally - life is expensive enough as it is. And the fact that it will likely come into effect when I start uni makes me doubtful of it all the more. However, as some people pointed out to me today, the raise in tuition fees will put some people off going to uni - thus meaning a degree becomes slightly more meaningful, as less people have them. It's just a shame that the people it could be putting off are those who come from poorer backgrounds.

Considering they were advertising it at my uni under the name DEMOLITION!, I'm not too suprised...But certainly a minority doing it as per the norm... I don't want fees going up though, doubt anyone does really... But really it's very much a case of damned if they do situation... Not saying it's right for the Tories to do it, but odds on Labour may have considered a similar thing if they were in power...It's all Labour's fault that fees exist anyways...

The protest would of hardly got any media attention if it was peaceful. Although not ideal, this protest has been really quite successful in doing this.

I disagree. I was there and even before the riot began there was a lot of press all over the place. Photographers, tv cameras, sound recording equipment for the radio, journalists doing interviews. It'd have had loads of publicity anyway but it would've been good publicity.

^Unfortunately the way our media works is that things only are interesting when stuff goes down...Like when Big Dipper crashed, as soon as they found out no-one was hurt/injured, it barely got a mention in the national news... Whilst when Rush tried to kill loads of people with the giant washer of doom, it was everywhere...

^Unfortunately the way our media works is that things only are interesting when stuff goes down...Like when Big Dipper crashed, as soon as they found out no-one was hurt/injured, it barely got a mention in the national news... Whilst when Rush tried to kill loads of people with the giant washer of doom, it was everywhere...

Oh of course. But any good publicity about it would've far better than headlines that tar us all with the same brush. There isn't any good publicity about it, and throughout news report I've only seen two which have included interviews with students defending the majority. They know it was only a minority, yet the way they report it makes it seem as if we were all involved.'A protest of 50,000 students goes wrong as the students ambush the Tory hq'. Ohright, 50,000 students rioted...... Kay.Stupid pr!cks... Sorry this is a bit moany, its just me ranting x)

• 4 months later...

Some extremely scary things are happening right now with any countries with a Pacific coastline currently on Tsunami alert after an earthquake just off the coast of Japan. If you go onto BBC's news website you can see videos of the wave that hit Japan, devastating, like a wall of destruction slamming through the countryside.Japan's biggest earthquake and the 5th biggest earthquake in the world since 1900.

Some extremely scary things are happening right now with any countries with a Pacific coastline currently on Tsunami alert after an earthquake just off the coast of Japan. If you go onto BBC's news website you can see videos of the wave that hit Japan, devastating, like a wall of destruction slamming through the countryside.Japan's biggest earthquake and the 5th biggest earthquake in the world since 1900.

For some reason every time they show the video of the boats hitting the bridge I lol, even though it's incredibly saddening everything happening, it's just those images.

Very sad times for the Pacific and Japan...Last time I checked there were about 26 confirmed dead... Hopefully that number won't rise to Haiti or Indonesia proportions...Let's just be glad really Japan have the economic strength to generally be prepared for earthquakes... Not saying for ones of this scale, as they are impossible to be fully prepared for, but this could be a lot worse...

This is an attrocious day to be honest. There's reports of over 200 bodies washed up on a Japanese beach and at this point in time an entire train is completely missing. A ship with over 100 people on board is also missing.That body count is just going to rise and rise to. :unsure:

I'm not one for conspiracy's but this is rather strange.USA lost many lives on 11-9-01 and now Japan has lost many more on 10-03-11.Add these two dates together and you get: 21-12-12 ... The day the world is supposed to end.

May as well cancel Christmas then... The world won't end then... Besides... Surely your theory is flawed as the earthquake occured on the 11th?

May as well cancel Christmas then... The world won't end then... Besides... Surely your theory is flawed as the earthquake occured on the 11th?

Yeah I know it won't I just thought it was a tad odd :unsure: I thought it was the 10th in Japan, I could be wrong though!

Seeing the footage of the Tsunami going through Kesennuma City was the most shocking thing I've seen. Although it was humorous to watch someone in their Toyota trying to outdrive the water, hopefully he is safe, but that's beside the point, this thing didn't look as bad yesterday as it does now we can actually see more footage and the aftermath. Also, Benin's right Ryan, it was the 11th yesterday, almost though, almost. :unsure: