The News

Phyciodes

This whole situation is awful. I live literally 5 mins away from Enfield and the Sony Distribution Centre. Seeing the smoke still bellowing from the building is terrible and it just shows how big this whole riot business is. Shops close to home are closing early, police are everywhere. It doesn't feel right that this has to happen; not being able to go out without worrying and fearing the worst. I just don't know how this is all going to be stopped.

"I am granting the Metropolitan Police emergency powers to use water cannons, rubber bullets and tear gas to take back control of our streets from these poisoning parasites biting the hand that feeds them. In addition I am deploying the British Army as a visible presence to provide the authority that is so very lacking." - David Cameron is claimed to had said this as a result of his COBRA meeting this morning.Martial law AND water cannons?

"I am granting the Metropolitan Police emergency powers to use water cannons, rubber bullets and tear gas to take back control of our streets from these poisoning parasites biting the hand that feeds them. In addition I am deploying the British Army as a visible presence to provide the authority that is so very lacking." - David Cameron is claimed to have said this as a result of his COBRA meeting this morning.Martial law AND water cannons?

Source?Then an amusing picture displaying my reaction will appear :blink:

"I am granting the Metropolitan Police emergency powers to use water cannons, rubber bullets and tear gas to take back control of our streets from these poisoning parasites biting the hand that feeds them. In addition I am deploying the British Army as a visible presence to provide the authority that is so very lacking." - David Cameron.Martial law AND water cannons?

This has not been said, as far as I know.It is from a joke going round facebook, with the punchline: if Carlsburg made prime minsters....

I was disgusted by the riots everywhere and lost faith in humanity on Monday. Today I felt touched by the people all over the country going into city centres to clean up what has been destroyed. It's amazing to think that the human spirit is always to fight on, to get things back to how they should be. Whoever organized #riotcleanup deserves an OBE or whatever because its brought back spirit to a lot of people. The photography of people with brooms, bin bags, dustpans, whatever is inspiring.

God, I saw that man earlier too, when the BBC where showing Boris' interview with the polish hairdresser. That funky lookin' man next to ol' Boris was practically molesting him.But I agree with Mark, #riotcleanup deserves so much recognition for the work he/she's done, and to all the members of the public cleaning up the tragic messes the rioters have made, because it's brought unity back to a nation divided by racism, greed, a thirst for violence and a hatred of authority.

Four people were killed and 40 injured Saturday night when the grandstand stage collapsed at the Indiana State Fairgrounds.In a press briefing at 12:25 a.m., Indiana State Police confirmed four deaths and said the wounded were taken to Methodist and Wishard hospitals."I want to be very frank that there could be other deaths," said state police Sgt. Dave Bursten during another briefing at 1:45 a.m.The fair will be canceled today, he said. It is expected to resume Monday with a public service to honor the victims.The fans at the Indiana State Fairgrounds' Hoosier Lottery Grandstand were being evacuated Saturday night to the nearby Pepsi Coliseum when a wind gust brought down the stage rigging for the country music concert.The gust of the wind brought down the production equipment shortly before 9 p.m. Saturday, according to Indianapolis Star reporter David Lindquist, who was at the fairgrounds for the Sugarland concert.WARNING, VIDEO IS GRAPHIC.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1N-azJ76Ks&feature=player_embedded

No reports, not nice to think it but does not look good for pilot. There are many eyewitnesses already and I've not heard any mention of an eject, which is loud and obvious if your watching it, so I presume they've gone down with it. Sad.Update: Flt Lt Jon Egging, 33 pilot of Red 4 confirmed dead. Very sad.

Very sad news for the Red Arrows :lol: I saw them perform on Wednesday at Weymouth Carnival&Air Show... They were absolutely brilliant and some of the stunts/formations they were doing were amazing, at the end of the show at Weymouth they flew off over to Bournemouth ready for this air show where the accident happened. Hope it doesn't stop them performing again in the future. :blush:

• 2 weeks later...