The News

Phyciodes

Ok reality check time.

What is the biggest killer in France this year?

A ) terrorists

B ) transport.

Give you a clue.. It's B by a long stretch. (3250 reported deaths in 2013 last public data available https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_traffic-related_death_rate)If we were logical we would stop panicking about terrorists and ban cars!

(By being scared you are also justifying the attack!)

Edit. I realised that the above sounded like I wasn't horrified by the attack. I was, but I was equally horrified that the press of the world have given the terrorists exactly what they wanted. Terror.

I've been reading the news on the horrific Paris attacks and I don't even know how to put into words how I feel about these scumbags who are going out killing innocent people.  They are vile, disgusting, evil, low life, cowardly - arghh it makes me so angry.  What gives people the right to go out armed with guns and shoot down people - in the name of religion?  They believe what they are doing is the right thing in the name of their "god" - well, I'm not a religious person but I'm pretty sure any "god" wouldn't want such atrocities.  I hope they burn in hell.  Jeez, I actually despair - the world we are living in today is a scary place.  And it's scary that people daily are being brain washed into carrying out such atrocities. 

My thoughts are with the families of those tragically killed during yesterdays attacks and those who were injured - those also who witnessed everything that unfolded which must have been horrific.  I can't imagine the terror that they must have endured at the hands of those extremists.  It makes me sad to think that this is becoming more common place - it actually does scare me - not to the point of not going anywhere but I do wonder when the UK will be hit - surely it is only a matter of time.

They have killed people of their own religion, they don't care who they target, be in old people, kids, it doesn't matter to them - they don't care and it's scary to think how these attacks are carried out - that a handful of gunmen can kill so many people - that people are willing to blow themselves up in the name of religion - it's bulls*** 

#prayforparis

Not suprised its ISIS at all really...

The French really don't have too much tolerance to Muslims. Like the burqa ban..

It still dosen't warrant going in and shooting 125 people!

I feel like its tottally down to the their holy book..

With quotes in the Qur'an like:

"Terrorize and behead those who believe in scriptures other than the Qur'an"

"The Jews and Christians are perverts;fight them"

"Punish the unbelievers with garments of fire,hooked iron rods, boiling water; melt their skin and bellies"

I feel like the Qur'an kinda influences violence, it also has nice passages but the violent ones are shocking.

I feel like the Qur'an kinda influences violence, it also has nice passages but the violent ones are shocking.

Sorry, but no. If ISIS knew the Qu'ran, none of this would've happened. No religion would ever allow violence.

Although it's been reported they attacked Paris in revenge to them bombing Syria, I still think they're completely ignoring religion.

Sorry, but no. If ISIS knew the Qu'ran, none of this would've happened. No religion would ever allow violence.

Religion had caused vilence..

First example has to be the crusades.

Religon does do good. But religon also does bad to the world too. Like not allowing people basic human rights,wars, ect..

I've read most of the Qu'ran, some passages are very violent, some passages are peaceful yeah,but that dosen't justify to ignore the violent side of the book.

The Qu'ran says in one of its key chapters: To kill a human is like killing the whole human race.

ISIS are essentially religious outcast rebels. They're like aggressive Mormons to Christians. Or Westboro with guns. Or something. It is quite hard to explain without [TRIGGER]

Furthermore the Burka rule is out of respect for the countries own religion. France is dominantly Catholic, and much like in the Middle East where religion is held in high regard, in France you have to follow their rules to be there. In the Middle East it is required that ladies wear head dresses and long dresses, so to not reveal too much hair or legs. This is out of respect, the same for France's no burka rule, in respect for their beliefs.

Not suprised its ISIS at all really...

The French really don't have too much tolerance to Muslims. Like the burqa ban..

It still dosen't warrant going in and shooting 125 people!

I feel like its tottally down to the their holy book..

With quotes in the Qur'an like:

"Terrorize and behead those who believe in scriptures other than the Qur'an"

"The Jews and Christians are perverts;fight them"

"Punish the unbelievers with garments of fire,hooked iron rods, boiling water; melt their skin and bellies"

Pretty sure that the bible says to stone anyone to death who even suggests to worship another God.

So not just the Qu'ran.

Every religion pretty much tells you to go and kill anyone who doesn't believe in it...

Every religion also tells you to be kind to everyone...

It's not religion that is the problem, it's people, people whose goal is to cause panic and hate throughout... Attacking the Western civilisations causing people to become paranoid and hate the Muslims (because it's the favourite media scapegoat), causing more people to turn towards the causes of the likes of ISIS... It's a neverending cycle of attack and hate...

Religion becomes an excuse for people's actions, it should not be seen as the problem here, because that is arguably what these attackers want to happen...

What really makes me sick in these incidents is those who in the aftermath use these things to further their own agendas... To further promote the hate and paranoia which is what the attackers want...

It's probably well worth remembering that the biggest victims of attacks like this around the world are other Muslims. The Sunni sect carry out many attacks on others sect of Muslim as they don't recognise their version of belief.

The hugely vast majority of Muslims will be as disgusted by this attack as anyone else, and then they've got to live with everyone looking at them with suspicion for forever more.

There are 6 million Muslims in France. This was 8 people. It has nothing much to do with religion and everything to do with being a murderous maniac.

Pretty sure that the bible says to stone anyone to death who even suggests to worship another God.

So not just the Qu'ran.

I do agree with The Bible having some plain awful passages, with god mass murdering loads of people(the flood),incest,ect.

But none of these are really practised anymore. Where some of these passages from the Qu'ran are taking very seriously, where in some Muslim Country's they will actually stone people to death if that is what the Qu'ran says.

I do agree with The Bible having some plain awful passages, with god mass murdering loads of people(the flood),incest,ect.

But none of these are really practised anymore. Where some of these passages from the Qu'ran are taking very seriously, where in some Muslim Country's they will actually stone people to death if that is what the Qu'ran says.

Yeah, none of the African countries have people committing mass genocide in the name of Jesus/etc.

It's probably well worth remembering that the biggest victims of attacks like this around the world are other Muslims. The Sunni sect carry out many attacks on others sect of Muslim as they don't recognise their version of belief.

The hugely vast majority of Muslims will be as disgusted by this attack as anyone else, and then they've got to live with everyone looking at them with suspicion for forever more.

There are 6 million Muslims in France. This was 8 people. It has nothing much to do with religion and everything to do with being a murderous maniac.

I was not saying Muslims as a whole. I was talking more about the Qu'ran.

The Qu'ran does have its positive and good passages.

Like anything it can interpreted differently, I'm not saying all Muslims are mass murders(because that is ignorant).

IMO it is a mixture of the Qu'ran, and a murderous maniac.

I wasn't really aiming that at you, just a general thing. I still think you're apportioning too much on to the religious aspect though, that is merely the means by which they are radicalised. The Qu'ran is no more dangerous than the Bible or Harry Potter. They are all works of fiction people care about too much. 

Also, this...

11148846_791831567610845_456100001956799

Behind the following starts is a word which should never be uttered, and I apologise for that, but this actually happened. She tweeted this. What an absolutely vile **** of a woman.

• 3 weeks later...

...yeah Dave, cos that worked out so well last time we did it didn't it? Ask Tony about it, you know the one you were slagging off a few years ago for rushing into a war unprepared and leaving the Countries akin to something from a Mad Max film (yet doing your best to delay the report that says this so it doesn't sway public opinion)....

On the one hand I'm glad there are some among the younger generation that have your point of view, but k ow on the other hand the sad reality is, for every one of you, there's ten more baying for blood.

I wouldn't describe myself as 'baying for blood', but realistically what options are there?

IS have grown into a large and powerful group which terrorise all around them. Surely we shouldn't let that go on anyway, but there's no denying that even with all the physical distance between us and them they still offer a real threat to us with the influence they hold to people who believe in them, as Paris has shown.

What is the alternative? Corbyn wants to try and help with deplomacy, I'm not too sure that works with religious fanatics who'd rather chop your head off? Right now it seems to me that inaction is more dangerous than action; this group can not be allowed to continue to grow. Or exist.

The way to cut off their oil/funding is by bombing it...

It's what Russia has been doing and I suspect that the UK will do something similar. They don't just drop bombs where they feel like.

How can you bomb funding? I may not know a lot about this subject at all, but I am sure there are other ways of cutting off their oil etc other than bombing them.

I wouldn't describe myself as 'baying for blood', but realistically what options are there?.

Help Assad instead? You know the old saying 'enemy of my enemy is my friend'.

Just because we don't like the way he runs his Country, it doesn't give us the right to tell him how to run it either, it's his Country after all.

Or perhaps better still we shouldn't try and interfere in the first place, as it was that interference that led to the rise of the problem in the first place.

Help Assad instead? You know the old saying 'enemy of my enemy is my friend'.

Maybe. That'd still involve blowing some people up though! I imagine if we worked with Russia and Assad this'd be a much simpler exercise.

I don't know what is the right thing to do, but beyond the politics of the decision making, doing nothing doesn't seem to be an option.

12310430_986198001438823_667521723475858