The News

Phyciodes

The chances of there not being another celebrity death before the end of 2016 are the equivalent of me holding my breath for an hour and being absolutely fine afterwards.

I.E unfortunately Prince most certainly won't be the last celebrity death of 2016, not to mention we still have 8 months of the year to go through as well. That said, 2016 has been the worst year for celebrity deaths by a country mile. 

Having already lost:

David Bowie

Alan Rickman

Terry Wogan

Frank Kelly

George Martin

Frank Sinatra JR

Ronnie Corbett

Victoria Wood

Prince

Emerson Lake pianist guy

And many more I've embarrisngly perhaps forgotten about.

Rest In peace to all of them.

Victoria Wood was a massive shock, to me she seems like a very current figure in comedy drama.

Prince, however, I couldn't believe. Despite him being before my time I feel like he has had a direct influence on every piece of music I listen to.

Bowie & Prince. Musical greats. RIP.

Britain First wouldn't have been so polite.

It wasn't so long ago that racism was when you descriminated, prejudiced or generally suppressed someone of a different race because you felt your race was superior in some way, cracking a joke didn't fall into that, having said that, I apologise to any members of the forum if my humour offends them.

The place for that humour may not be on a forum where the demographic differs vastly from the time that you're referring too

Also online there is more chance to offend as posts are interpreted very differently

I'm sure your humour is well recieved by others, but not on an internet forum I suggest!

Thank you

Slightly ironic that a joke attracts so much protesting, yet when a member decided to start a witch hunt the other week against the disabled RAP users at parks, barely anybody speaks up in their defence.

Hope you don't edit this post either, suppressing a persons view just because you don't like what they say is, err, very ironic too, given the subject matter.

On a personal note, if you think my humour is bad, best be glad my fathers generation hasn't yet worked out how the internet works, now I hope we can draw a line under this, you let this post stand and the forum can move on from it like the adults we're supposed to be.

If you head back to that topic you'll see that I for one did speak up in the defence of those who disabilities are not visible; I can quote several posts if you like.  At the time of that discussion many people spoke up in defence of certain RAP users whilst also admitting the RAP system has faults which enable it to be 'abused' by a small minority.

As a moderator it is part of my role to 'keep the peace', so when a post is reported it is dealt with seriously.  In regards to editing posts, as stated in the forum rules (which you agree to adhering to when registering), the mania hub team have the right to amend any posts.  In this case the post was amended by one word in order to resolve the situation quickly and easily, and the reasons were explained to you clearly over personal message.  Any problems with my moderating style can be reported to any other member of the team.

The 'humour' of your fathers generation is irrelevant to this discussion, as I'm sure posts that nature would also be reported and dealt with similarly to yours

I didn't say nobody spoke up, I said barely anybody, point still stands though, it being fine for someone to witch hunt the disabled but not OK to make a racist joke. Descrimination is descrimination, regardless, and as discussed, that post is the first time you've told me the original post was reported.

Similarly, as you know I'm not going to go running to your fellow mods because I don't like your style or views, or whatever, we can continue to discuss it in private, or on the forum, your choice, or you could just ban me and I won't bother you again.

My views are irrelevant to how I deal with reported posts, there is no need to discuss further, the PM was simply to tell you why your posts have been changed

And just to clarify, we operate a strike warning system, and nothing you have said or posts warrants a strike let alone a ban - All healthy discussion :)

Last post I promise, the changing/deleting of my posts took away the context to others that you were so fond of telling me about in PM, they may not have liked what I said afterwards, but it gave context as to why I said what I said, if my original comment was so offensive, then perhaps it would have been better to delete it all and given me the wrist slapping in private, rather than just leave the original comment in place and suppress the followup.

Yes the joke was in poor taste, but as I tried to explain before, that was my generations humour.

• 1 month later...

Actually multiple polls now have brexit ahead. I suspect it's because of Camerons terrible performance on sky while Goves was pretty good. 

The remainiacs endless economy doomed is wearing off as no one believes it to be anywhere near as bad as they are saying. Meanwhile Leave is focusing on immigration which is an argument they clearly win. 

Yeah I know, I was just being facetious.

I didn't watch the Sky debates but I get the general feeling from talking to Joe Public that most people are getting fedup with the doom and gloom from the stay in side, it's like they either think it doesn't matter, or they generally don't have any good viewpoints to backup their in stance, so just keep droning on about how life will be worse if we leave, insteasd of pushing the benefits to staying.