The News

Phyciodes

A stabbing in London? Now there's something rare...

One incident does not a terrorist attack make, just because the person was shouting "For Syria"... Allows for a lot of leaping and "Told you sos" by various groups...

I'm probably just completely non-plussed by a stabbing is all... Too much Croydon Guardian when growing up...

My favourite thing in this story was the response from some British Muslim bystanders as the police had the attacker pinned down... "You ain't no Muslim bruv!" Which is now trending as a hashtag. If only all Muslims had this response, we would all be sorted.

Muslims already condemn the action of the extremists. IS uses propaganda and brainwashing to recruit potential jihadis and anyone who is a true Muslim will tell you that they sickened by what IS are doing.

So according to Sky, an air strike has killed 26 civilians in Syria. Firstly my thoughts go to them and their families, secondly **** you David Cameron and everyone else who voted for air strikes. (Yes I know we don't know if they were UK air strikes, but that means nothing to the innocent Syrians that have been murdered by Europe today.)

Ah sky news the very accurate reporters who we all know from the smiler incident only speak truth. 

Yes it is a shame that innocent people may have died however innocent people die every day. I know that sounds very dark and inconsiderate but sometimes there is nothing you can do about it. The air strikes are what I consider a necessary evil. Leaving isis alone to continue is a very dangerous prospect and as a result they need to be stopped.

So according to Sky, an air strike has killed 26 civilians in Syria. Firstly my thoughts go to them and their families, secondly **** you David Cameron and everyone else who voted for air strikes. (Yes I know we don't know if they were UK air strikes, but that means nothing to the innocent Syrians that have been murdered by Europe today.)

Has this been confirmed anywhere yet. It's not on the BBC website and on Sky its just a story about the US denying the report.

Firstly it was U.S strikes which killed the civilians so Europe have "murdered" no one, secondly Isis murder 100's of innocent Syrian people every day, us not doing anything would be pretty much saying we are just fine with that.

Firstly it was U.S strikes which killed the civilians so Europe have "murdered" no one, secondly Isis murder 100's of innocent Syrian people every day, us not doing anything would be pretty much saying we are just fine with that.

We all know how it will be played out in ISIS rhetoric. The Western World slaughters civilians. They don't care if its the UK, France, Germany or the US.

Also if we want to talk mass murder, executions and capital punishment, our relationship with Saudi Arabia is an interesting one..

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/dec/06/britain-regret-cosying-up-to-saudi-arabia

Apologies, no idea why I wrote Europe, but my point still stands. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just when 2016 already took a fairly depressing start, Europe is in dark times again following terror attacks in Brussels Airport amongst a further attack on one of it's metro stations. At least 13 people are believed to have been killed. 

http://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2016/mar/22/brussels-airport-explosions-live-updates

This is another sad day in the world and thoughts go out to the families of the victims. 

I feel de-sentisized by it. Not because I don't care but because of the blanket coverage all over the media, the outpourings of compassion because a predominately white country has been attacked, because of the people out there who will use it to push their leaving EU agendas, because the idiots will use this to justify their Islamaphobia. Even before it was confirmed as a suicide bomber, certain members of society were assuming it was an ISIS attack or just those 'dirty muslims destroying the whites again'

Last week Turkey was suicide bombed twice in a week. Apart from the odd news article and third billing on BBC news, not a jiffy or thoughts towards Istanbul. 

I feel exhausted by the media circus already. 

What IS scary is that things like "#StopIslam" are trending on Twitter...

That is exactly what the terrorists want, the fear of stereotyping everyone as evil if they practice a certain religion, even though only a select few are doing this... And because of the hate, more turn to ISIS or similar and the cycle continues...

It is a problem not so easily solved by killing everyone or leaving the EU or whatever else some might suggest...

As Mark said though, where was this when Turkey was attacked? Don't think Mr Cameron tweeted anything relating to that did he?

• 5 weeks later...