The News

Phyciodes

Click here for a much more harrowing and sad story that involves a crazy person and 80+ innocent youths...Kinda gives us all a bit more perspective don't it?EDIT -

To all this moaning about why Norway or British soldiers don't get this... hmm maybe because they never had Two Albums in the Uk top 40 chart? or was a British icon? People die of bombs everyday, true icons hardly die.

Oh wow... I cannot even BEGIN to tear this apart...Seriously, you can **** off with that opinion... That's has actually angered me...Effectively you're saying that Amy Winehouse was more important than the people who died to defend us against terrorism... And is bigger than innocent CHILDREN?Sod the hell off...

To all this moaning about why Norway or British soldiers don't get this... hmm maybe because they never had Two Albums in the Uk top 40 chart? or was a British icon? People die of bombs everyday, true icons hardly die.

You have got to be ******* kidding me

Amy Winehouse, if it was a drug overdose, was self inflicted. Nobody made her take drugs. She did it herself. It doesn't matter whether she was a true icon or not. Those teenagers on the island were killed for no reason what so ever. They didn't get a choice to be shot or not. It wasn't even as if they were soldiers who had gone off to Iraq. They had gone to a youth camp. Do you think any of their parents said bye to them expecting for them to be fired at for 90 minutes? I am sorry that I can't find as much sympathy for Amy Winehouse but you have to look at what has happened in the past few days and take that into account.

You have got to be ******* kidding me

That's my opinion and I won't changed thatThis women has millions of fans and is known world wide, at least have some respect for thatP.s I never said I don't respect our soldiers, what they do for our country is beyond brave

That's my opinion and I won't changed thatThis women has millions of fans and is known world wide, at least have some respect for thatP.s I never said I don't respect our soldiers, what they do for our country is beyond brave

No-one here is doubting her talent as a musician...BUT, to say such a throwaway point on those who have died in bombs which are MUCH more tragic and cause so much more pain, in comparison to someone with a famous drug habit? Have some respect for those who died from bombs/shootings...

No-one here is doubting her talent as a musician...BUT, to say such a throwaway point on those who have died in bombs which are MUCH more tragic and cause so much more pain, in comparison to someone with a famous drug habit? Have some respect for those who died from bombs/shootings...

Its not like its nothing that's not been herd before?

Its not like its nothing that's not been herd before?

And a celeb has never died before?I well and truly feel sorry for you with these opinions... Just because a bomb exploded in a warzone before or one guy shot a load of people happened before DOESN'T MEAN **** TO IT HAPPENING AGAIN!It's still a bad and upsetting event... And to really just put this down as non-events is absolute absurb and actually dis-respectful to those who have died innocently...

So, she finally died ey? To be honest, good riddance - in a couple of weeks she'll be out of the media for good so we don't have to go through this whole 'look, she's drunk on stage' malarkey ever again.If you like her music and that, all well and good, but I think there's more news-worthy things out there rather than how one woman was on drink and drugs all the time...

Amy Winehouse, if it was a drug overdose, was self inflicted. Nobody made her take drugs. She did it herself. It doesn't matter whether she was a true icon or not. Those teenagers on the island were killed for no reason what so ever. They didn't get a choice to be shot or not. It wasn't even as if they were soldiers who had gone off to Iraq. They had gone to a youth camp. Do you think any of their parents said bye to them expecting for them to be fired at for 90 minutes? I am sorry that I can't find as much sympathy for Amy Winehouse but you have to look at what has happened in the past few days and take that into account.

Your attitude is what's needed.

So, she finally died ey? To be honest, good riddance - in a couple of weeks she'll be out of the media for good so we don't have to go through this whole 'look, she's drunk on stage' malarkey ever again.If you like her music and that, all well and good, but I think there's more news-worthy things out there rather than how one woman was on drink and drugs all the time...

See she wasn't always on drink and drugs and once you on them its a very hard cycle to break. But to say good riddence is actually so out of order that I didn't think someone like you would actually go to. Get a life or maybe not live? Not nice is it.

I don't deny that a death of anyone is sad, especially when she was well liked by many.However, for her to finally be out of the news for good is something that I'm glad of - I tire of seeing celebrities getting loads of media attention for silly things like being an alcoholic or addicted to drugs. They're human, and these things happen to humans - so why should it be in the news? 'Good riddance' is probably more harsh than I need to be, but I'll freely admit that I'm in no way saddened by her death.Condolences should still be expressed to her family though, of course.

I don't deny that a death of anyone is sad, especially when she was well liked by many.However, for her to finally be out of the news for good is something that I'm glad of - I tire of seeing celebrities getting loads of media attention for silly things like being an alcoholic or addicted to drugs. They're human, and these things happen to humans - so why should it be in the news? 'Good riddance' is probably more harsh than I need to be, but I'll freely admit that I'm in no way saddened by her death.Condolences should still be expressed to her family though, of course.

See I agree with you there but saying good riddance to any death is out of order.

Josh, that's disgusting. I don't know how you could say "good riddance" when someone has just died.I don't get what's to argue about here - why does it have to be a competition just because of the timing of these two events? I dearly loved Amy Winehouse, and am really saddened by her death. However, I am also feeling sadness and sympathy for the horrific events in Norway. Can we not mourn both? Why does everyone have to pick one and not the other? We don't need to chose which is more worthy of our thoughts.

Amy Winehouse, if it was a drug overdose, was self inflicted. Nobody made her take drugs. She did it herself.

she was clearly suffering from mental health problems she was hooked on drugs.

So, she finally died ey? To be honest, good riddance

If she had died of cancer would you of said that? of course not. Should we be all crying and going mad because shes dead? Should we all crying and going mad because 92 people were murdered yesterday? Or maybe the fact that thousands and thousands of people are dying every day from the famine in East Africa?It is wrong to say good riddance to someones death. That's a very idiotic thing to say.

Thats actually quite a concerning viewpoint, you're welcome to have it but it's rather scary all the same.In my opinion, both are sad stories and both show the dangerous extremes of modern day life.

I sorta understand where you're coming from here Liam. Innocent people are murdered every day through bombs and gunmen and such; which is of course terrible. This is perhaps more significant because of the country - I believe I heard it was the country's biggest loss / damage since WWII (along those lines anyway). So I do get where you're coming from, though I in no way think Amy Winehouse was a 'true icon', in any good sense. This celeb culture thing just really pees me off...

I sorta understand where you're coming from here Liam. Innocent people are murdered every day through bombs and gunmen and such; which is of course terrible. This is perhaps more significant because of the country - I believe I heard it was the country's biggest loss / damage since WWII (along those lines anyway). So I do get where you're coming from, though I in no way think Amy Winehouse was a 'true icon', in any good sense. This celeb culture thing just really pees me off...

You can go too far the other way, though. Just because she was a celebrity, that doesn't automatically means she isn't entitled to some respect. It's what I said before... Still a person, she will be sorely missed by a great many, and in most tragic fashion... I think you're acting in an awful manner Josh.

To what I said before I apologize, My approach to this story was full of angry.I do not in any way think Norway is better than amy winehouseEveryone's jumping on the bandwagon 'rip amy winehouse' Yet what about the 90+ that died in norway which had no control over their death?Their both said so lets celebrate both of their talents and not argue over who's better

You can go too far the other way, though. Just because she was a celebrity, that doesn't automatically means she isn't entitled to some respect. It's what I said before... Still a person, she will be sorely missed by a great many, and in most tragic fashion... I think you're acting in an awful manner Josh.

As I said on Saturday...

I don't deny that a death of anyone is sad, especially when she was well liked by many....Condolences should still be expressed to her family though, of course.

Just because I'm not saddened by her death in any way, doesn't mean that I am showing her, and more her family, no respect..'Good riddance' was probably too harsh a thing to say, but I still stand by the view that I'm personally not saddened b the fact she's died.

• 2 weeks later...

Riots and serious crap going down in Tottenham...http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-14434318Bus has recently exploded after being set on fire... All because some people want 'justice' after police shot someone who was shooting at them... I love the lack of logic people have in life now...