The fate of Rocky Express and your opinions

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

As the Thorpe Park season progresses has their been any word on the future of Rocky Express? TBH I think leaving it SBNO is a shame. I’ve heard that Rocky Express has been sold too another Theme Park,but that lead has gone stagnant. Could someone confirm or deny if Rocky has been sold. Apparently another Theme Park fan saw Rocky Express listed on a second hand ride selling website.

6 hours ago, Theme Park Fanatic said:

As the Thorpe Park season progresses has their been any word on the future of Rocky Express? TBH I think leaving it SBNO is a shame. I’ve heard that Rocky Express has been sold too another Theme Park,but that lead has gone stagnant. Could someone confirm or deny if Rocky has been sold. Apparently another Theme Park fan saw Rocky Express listed on a second hand ride selling website.

Please see my previous post:

"Rocky Express is closed and will not be reopening. It will not be relocated either.

At best, we will see part of the ride included somewhere around Project Exodus as a theming feature. If not, the ride will just be scrapped."

• 6 months later...
4 hours ago, Mattgwise said:

It looks like it might reopen! Exciting times! 😂

@Mattgwise this was my first thought when I saw the photograph. The ride is 100% intact and in remarkable condition. While the other rides in  Old Town  have been removed Rocky Express hasn’t. I’m expecting a relocation to another area of Thorpe Park over the closed season. I wouldn’t be surprised if Rocky Express gets the Flying Fish treatment and is refurbished and relocated. Earlier this year the manager of Thorpe said Wet Wet Wet had been removed,as they know what guests would like to return. Reading between the lines I think Rocky Express will be relocated to the area that Wet Wet Wet vacated. As well as this I think the entire beach will receive a major overhaul or be removed. My theory comes from the fact a new Play Area was installed while the rest of the beach was left untouched. If Rocky Express returns it’ll be the icing on top of the cake. I’m already thrilled about the following. Duel at Alton Towers is receiving work,Nemesis Sub Terra is reopening,a possible new Flat Ride is opening in place of Enterprise,the opening of The World Of Jumanji at Chessington,Chessington’s new Jungle Bus and the reopening of Valhalla at Blackpool Please Beach. I almost forgot to mention that Blackgang Chine on The Isle Of White is getting a new ride.

3 hours ago, Theme Park Fanatic said:

@Mattgwise this was my first thought when I saw the photograph. The ride is 100% intact and in remarkable condition. While the other rides in  Old Town  have been removed Rocky Express hasn’t. I’m expecting a relocation to another area of Thorpe Park over the closed season. I wouldn’t be surprised if Rocky Express gets the Flying Fish treatment and is refurbished and relocated. Earlier this year the manager of Thorpe said Wet Wet Wet had been removed,as they know what guests would like to return. Reading between the lines I think Rocky Express will be relocated to the area that Wet Wet Wet vacated. As well as this I think the entire beach will receive a major overhaul or be removed. My theory comes from the fact a new Play Area was installed while the rest of the beach was left untouched. If Rocky Express returns it’ll be the icing on top of the cake. I’m already thrilled about the following. Duel at Alton Towers is receiving work,Nemesis Sub Terra is reopening,a possible new Flat Ride is opening in place of Enterprise,the opening of The World Of Jumanji at Chessington,Chessington’s new Jungle Bus and the reopening of Valhalla at Blackpool Please Beach. I almost forgot to mention that Blackgang Chine on The Isle Of White is getting a new ride.

The future is bright! 

15 hours ago, Theme Park Fanatic said:

You forgot Slammer, its just waiting there, biding its time in near mint condition, just waiting to reopen!