Circus World + old play area.

So who remembers Circus world? You'd have to be over a certain age to remember it considering it closed at the end of 1994. 

Specifically does anyone remember the play area/ interactive area they had when it first opened 1987-1989 ish.. It was in the 'sideshow' booths around the lands parameter, but they weren't sideshows as in uncharge games but were these soft-play type elements . It included a climbing structure that was inside the entrance towers to the area and included a helter skelter tube slide down the second tower... it was like the parks first soft play BEFORE the long defunct Adventure house soft play area that was in the old Elephant house!

Anyway I remember visiting in about 1992 and the play area around the tower and the little side shows where already blocked off/unaccessible and just there as theming elements.  I remember my dad giving me a foot up to look over some painted bording and the slide etc where still there! So these attractions must have been short lived!... but I can't find any mention, apart from looking at old guidebooks scanned and posted online and I see mention of 'sideshows' and 'clown town' (not to be confused with 'clown around' the kiddie coaster) mentioned on the 1987-1989 maps, so I think this is what they might have been called. 

32 minutes ago, Theme Park Fanatic said:

@thorpephan wasn’t The Adventure House in the same location that is now occupied by Dragons Playhouse? I never knew that the predecessor to Dragons Playhouse was the former Elephant House.

I'm pretty sure it still is the old elephant house - just modified!, either that or the building was rebuild or partially built on the exact site! There used to be an old remote control boat game in the old Hippo pond too. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2022 at 6:08 PM, thorpephan said:

So who remembers Circus world? You'd have to be over a certain age to remember it considering it closed at the end of 1994. 

Specifically does anyone remember the play area/ interactive area they had when it first opened 1987-1989 ish.. It was in the 'sideshow' booths around the lands parameter, but they weren't sideshows as in uncharge games but were these soft-play type elements . It included a climbing structure that was inside the entrance towers to the area and included a helter skelter tube slide down the second tower... it was like the parks first soft play BEFORE the long defunct Adventure house soft play area that was in the old Elephant house!

Anyway I remember visiting in about 1992 and the play area around the tower and the little side shows where already blocked off/unaccessible and just there as theming elements.  I remember my dad giving me a foot up to look over some painted bording and the slide etc where still there! So these attractions must have been short lived!... but I can't find any mention, apart from looking at old guidebooks scanned and posted online and I see mention of 'sideshows' and 'clown town' (not to be confused with 'clown around' the kiddie coaster) mentioned on the 1987-1989 maps, so I think this is what they might have been called. 

My sole memory is riding Flying Jumbos in that area and not wanting to go up into the air so we just stayed on the ground. Bare in mind I was 4 at the time.