Fright Nights 2022

Inferno

45 minutes ago, RobF said:

Land train experience from nemesis area along the route to the farm, akin to tulleys hayride ??

This kind of thing is what I had in mind if they opted to not have guests free-walk themselves to the farm.

But I guess what @JoshC. said about noise could definitely be an issue. I still think it would be sick to have an experience totally out of the way of the park, though. Would really drive home an 'isolated' scare experience and really make you feel immersed in what you're experiencing. It's a little difficult to be fully immersed in a scare experience when you're slap bang in the middle of a theme park and the screams inside are masked by the screams from people riding the coasters.

4 hours ago, MattyMoo said:

Here's hoping there's some proper hardstanding or temporary flooring put in, as I remember the ground being awful with potholes and such whilst queuing for Sanctum. 

yes I was going to say this- I think I remember the ground literally becoming like a boggy swamp where the queue line was so I do hope they sort it! However it was a nice size space so interesting to see what they do with it.

On 8/12/2022 at 3:14 PM, JoshC. said:

A final teaser video comes 8pm this evening...

Well that didn't give us much more information now did it 😂

But yeah definitely looks like the new maze will probably be a multi-fear attraction - probably different fears behind the different doors. Would make sense considering the character in the trailers has actually been called 'Fear'.

If that's actually what it is, THIS has potential. Big, big potential. If it's a decently sized maze and the scares are good, I think this could easily become Thorpe's best maze to date - topping Trailers.

But hey, we get a look behind "Door One" at 8pm tonight on the Thorpe Park YouTube channel, so let's just wait and see.

Door One was Trailers, not a surprise.  There might be some minor changes to the scenes but nothing notable considering how quick you go through each one.

Side note: Saw people complaining on Twitter saying why are they announcing a maze we already knew was returning. They wouldn’t announce anything new straight away, common sense?

The doors thing is confusing, if the doors were part of the maze, they wouldn’t tease each video as door one (and I assume there will be door two ect ect)

Is it just a way to market each scare at fright nights?

2 hours ago, ML27 said:

Door One was Trailers, not a surprise.  There might be some minor changes to the scenes but nothing notable considering how quick you go through each one.

Side note: Saw people complaining on Twitter saying why are they announcing a maze we already knew was returning. They wouldn’t announce anything new straight away, common sense?

The doors thing is confusing, if the doors were part of the maze, they wouldn’t tease each video as door one (and I assume there will be door two ect ect)

Is it just a way to market each scare at fright nights?

Yeah, I called it haha

I mean, the announcement video really wasn't necessary when it's literally plastered all over their website that their 'Award-Winning Maze' was returning for 2022.

I think it is just a marketing thing, yeah. I think the multi-door maze thing is still pretty much what the new maze is going to be, but they're making something else out of it to tie it all together I reckon.

Plus, I know it's completely outside of the realms of possibility (especially considering Trailers has been open for the Carnival event so obviously hasn't had the full 12 months to work on making it different), but Trailers really needs a complete overhaul every year, personally. Cinemas don't just churn out the same movies over and over again and so needs to be different to keep up with the theme. I really wasn't the biggest fan of Trailers last year, but keeping everything crossed that this year is better.

Just now, JoshC. said:

It's not mentioned if this is still just a scare zone, or returning to the same location, but one would certainly expect so.

Caption says: 

Venture even deeper into the cursed village of Mawkin Meadow and unearth the origins of the infamous Crows😱

Trek carefully through the darkened fields of corn and hope your presence goes unnoticed👀

Definitely going to be more developed this year, possibly in a different location. Warwick castle do a scare zone but it’s more of a walkthrough. Could imagine a similar thing at Thorpe.

I‘ m not too clued up on FN history, but is it normal to have the same kinda Characters year on year since 2020? 

Nice to see a new attraction each year, but will we see a completely new line up year on year?

5 minutes ago, ML27 said:

Definitely going to be more developed this year, possibly in a different location. 

I wouldn't be so confident on that. It all sounds like marketing hype to me. I reckon it will be largely the same in the same location.

5 minutes ago, ML27 said:

I‘ m not too clued up on FN history, but is it normal to have the same kinda Characters year on year since 2020? 

Nice to see a new attraction each year, but will we see a completely new line up year on year?

The park have added something new every year since 2008 (technically). But before 2020, scare zones weren't really a thing at the park, so usually the line up would be largely the same, with either an extension to the line or, or replacements introduced. So it's pretty common to see the same things come back yearly tbf

I'm happy with The Crows of Mawkin Meadow returning - I think it was up there with one of the strongest scare attractions at the park last year.

I seriously don't think that it will be any more developed or in a different location from last year, however I certainly wouldn't discourage it either... speaking of which, are there any actual grassy plots of land at Thorpe that they could build a makeshift cornmaze in? I don't think there are, are they?

Another location for the Crows that I think would work quite well could be the sunken gardens... It's a fairly small space, though, and does just go around in a circle.

I enjoyed the location of the crows by the lake with the smoke machines etc created a great atmosphere, so I am glad to hear it will be extended- that saw alive queue line really needs taking down at some point.

On my last visit we went via the crows where we could, as from memory there wasn't a queue so I am pleased its returning- I also think the mask/makeup and costuming for the crows is pretty striking imo.

Given the detail in the Trailers set, I doubt they'll do a major change of the layout for a good few seasons yet personally, but I don't think thats an issue given the effort thats gone into it.

The new maze is also giving me slight Se7en vibes where each room was based on a different deadly sin, so different fears concept sounds similar. I don't think that layout changed much either but the actors really gave it their all in each room so it was fantastic on each of my run throughs :)

Is it just me that thinks Thorpe park might be doing something with black mirror for fright nights ? The eye could refer to black mirror and the key and door could refer to having to escape the mirror maze. Also at the end of the teaser video u can see led lights possibly from black mirror. Personally I hope this happens I think it would be really cool. 

5 hours ago, Meggo said:

Is it just me that thinks Thorpe park might be doing something with black mirror for fright nights ? The eye could refer to black mirror and the key and door could refer to having to escape the mirror maze. Also at the end of the teaser video u can see led lights possibly from black mirror. Personally I hope this happens I think it would be really cool. 

I’d like that - I would really like Black Mirror to be on its way out now. It was good as an attraction to drive visitors to the park post-covid, but I don’t think anyone really cares for it anymore. It would be much better adapted as just a scare attraction space opening for Fright Nights until they decide to demolish Slammer and then re-develop that space.

Surprisingly, Black mirror gets decent length queues for the attraction. It’s never toooo long (30 mins max) it’s a good filler between main rides.

Hatty and Hugos Birthday bash was announced on Friday. Kinda surprised to see the same show (meaning characters) return. I know there’s gonna be a new story. Just suprised, hopefully it’s turned into a bigger scare zone as last year it was a 15 min show and I’m not sure it’s what people want to stop and watch for that long at FN

On 8/10/2022 at 1:25 PM, MattyMoo said:

I don't think the SAW Alive boat is usable, but that whole area (where the scare zone was last year) including the abandoned SAW Alive queue line is pretty damn big.

I mean, you could even stick a tent over the queue as is, switch some fences around and make it a true "maze" of sorts.

👀

4th Announcement Tonight and probably the most interesting so far…

Creek Freaks Unchained - Are now the roaming team. This is due to old town closing, glad to see them changing the roaming team. Also may suffer less abuse than the crows did. The buckwheats as a roaming team without their surroundings and music ect ect.. will be interesting. The crows did really work as a roaming team.

I’m still pretty sure that creek freak massacre is returning (we’ve seen the sign return) but could have also run into some potential issues or concerns because of exodus or similar when the area was cut off.

I’ve uploaded an image to a reply to a tweet, clearly done to stir up the community and keep hype going (I know, it’s worked) 

only 4 announcements so far, so it will continue. Creak Freak won’t be announced until next week now I assume..

41AA6518-113D-4804-9BFC-CBFD24B64827.jpeg

• JoshC. unpinned and unpinned this topic