Troubleshooting

NickD

If you're using Google Chrome, your spell-checker dictionary might be set to "English US". In which case you'll need to change it to the UK dictionary. You can do this quickly by right-clicking a dialogue box and selecting "Spell-checker options" and then selecting "English (United Kingdom)".If you're not operating Google Chrome, then I've no idea how to help you because I don't use other browsers as frequently! I was unaware TPM even had it's own spell-checker. :PHope this helps. :wub:

If you're using Google Chrome, your spell-checker dictionary might be set to "English US". In which case you'll need to change it to the UK dictionary. You can do this quickly by right-clicking a dialogue box and selecting "Spell-checker options" and then selecting "English (United Kingdom)".If you're not operating Google Chrome, then I've no idea how to help you because I don't use other browsers as frequently! I was unaware TPM had a spell-checker. :PHope this helps. :wub:

Great! Thanks for that! :P

In the history of TPM changes, I don't think there has ever been a change that people have liked. In the past people complained yet after a couple of weeks of using it you forget what the old one was like. It's the same with Facebook, how many times has that changed over the years? I'm sure at some point Twitter will change layouts. There is always an uproar but really people soon get used to it.However, saying that, there are a few things I'm not too keen on. I don't like how the forum has swapped personal pictures with avatars and how your picture shows up in the "last post" column on the forum. I also don't like how it doesn't feel like a theme park forum. I know these issues are being seen to though so hopefully it won't be like this forever.... (Phill where are you to make us a new skin damn you) :wub:.

Change is feared.Over-reactions are part of the internet.There are still improvements that need doing, but tbh, it could be a LOT worse. Once an unbland colour scheme pops up I doubt anyone will actually even care that it's changed.P.S. Needs MORE Bigheads! (Relating to Thorpe's brand image)

Signatures....Users can now choose to hide an individual or everyone's signatures so do not put anything important in there as you cannot assume that everyone will see it. You will notice that on the right hand side, under each post an "X" has appeared. Clicking this will bring up a dialogue allowing you to choose to hide that user, or all users signatures.

Tried this just now and I don't see a dialogue box? It just takes me to the top of the page!This isn't a major issue but if you have time :wub:

I don't like the filter on the view new content page. I like the idea of it but it's just too... big and cluttered?I dislike the new layout of our profiles too. I can't click any of the other tabs along the left side either or see all my friends?I also dislike pictures and colour in signatures, I think it looks tacky.And I miss the old skin, it was so nice and cute.But don't hate me for me moaning ;)Edit: Oh but but I've found something I like now... the bar at the top. The messages/notifications thing...

I have discovered a new problem!When using the quick reply option in the Thorpe Park Staff topic, I typeda link to a YouTube video and used the media tags, then I clicked "More Reply Options" as I wanted to preview the post to t to check the media tags still worked since the upgrade.it took a while to load then took me to a blank page. So I closed the tab and opened a new one, but when I click on the topic, I get the same blank page!I cleared my history, cahce, all that shizz, which also obviously logged me out of TPM. When I click on the topic logged out it works. I logged back in...and it still didn't work!Myy browser is Firefox, I tried Internet Explorer but it still doesn't work.Restarted my laptop, still nothing.I went on my iPhone, using the mobile theme, and it took me to the topic! But when I clicked reply it then went slow and did the blank page thing.So, it's as if it;s got stuck and thinks I'm still trying to post or something? Hence why I cleared the cache etc but like I said it didn't work, it's TPM's fault :PHalp!

TPM is pissing me off.I click on the usual view new content stuff, liek the star next to it. It won't take me to the last unread post, I think it takes me to first post made today instead.Ie, I just went to read the thorpe park staff thread. It took me to marks Tower of Terror post.. which I've seen 3 times now, whereas the only post I've not seen is the one made by benin.It's extremely irritating.