Potential TPM 2022 meets?

Holly

We will look into potentially meeting up in the summer time and possibly Fright Nights, early on in the event.

Any meets we plan will be posted in similar fashion to before. Keep an eye out in the next month or two. 

In the mean time If you are interested in meets resuming please let me know here so I can gauge interest. 

• Mattgwise changed the title to Potential TPM 2022 meets?

I am certainly interested in meets resuming (and know a few others who are too!)

I think a summer meet (maybe for Carnival?) and Fright Nights meet is a good start for this year.

Obviously, we're still in a pandemic (even if it doesn't always feel like it), but I think people have gotten used to a more cautious way of living that we can successfully have a meet and cater for everyone and their respective comfort levels :) 

Meets are definitely something I’d be interested in doing again! I think the last one I went to was in 2018 so it’s definitely been a while!

Though my schedule always happened to clash with meets when I started going to uni so there’s a chance I might not be able to make any of them knowing my luck 😂

Prior to the pandemic we ran trips to other parks including AT, CWoA, BPB Port Aventura, Toverland and Phantasialand but with not much happening at Thorpe attendance to all meets gradually declined so for now we will just trial Thorpe meets this year. If these go well or more interest occurs we will look at other park trips for 2023. 

On 4/13/2022 at 11:48 AM, JoshC. said:

Obviously, we're still in a pandemic (even if it doesn't always feel like it), but I think people have gotten used to a more cautious way of living that we can successfully have a meet and cater for everyone and their respective comfort levels :) 

I concur, I finally feel safe again with regards to my hobby of licking door handles ❤️

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

DEFINITELY up for meets again - haven’t been to any parks since 2019! I finally felt ready to go back this year (and I was actually excited to go to Thorpe 😂), but haven’t had any luck so far. I broke my wrist and needed surgery in March - being wheeled down to theatre is the nearest thing to a rollercoaster I’ve experienced 😆 

And then, as of May, I’ve had nobody to go with 😫 

14 hours ago, Mer said:

DEFINITELY up for meets again - haven’t been to any parks since 2019! I finally felt ready to go back this year (and I was actually excited to go to Thorpe 😂), but haven’t had any luck so far. I broke my wrist and needed surgery in March - being wheeled down to theatre is the nearest thing to a rollercoaster I’ve experienced 😆 

Sorry to hear of your mishap, I hope you had your arms up on that theatre ride.

Perhaps if you suggest a couple of dates, there would be someone happy to partner up? Good luck.

On 6/23/2022 at 7:07 PM, Mer said:

I would be up for a catch up - you free before 22nd July at all?  It’s been ages since I last saw you 

• 2 weeks later...