Future of the X pyramid.

Theme Park Fanatic

Was genuinely thinking about this last night - there can't be many years left of the Walking Dead IP and I really can't see them renewing it either as it's not hugely popular anymore (a bit like Angry Birds, but was that even ever popular when they bought that IP...?!) - my money would be on it being completely removed for a new attraction that isn't indoors, personally. Maybe bin off Black Mirror at the same time, and then remove Slammer finally and bang you've got a nice new area for that RMC...

• 6 months later...

I personally don't think that The Walking Dead will be moving out from Thorpe any time soon. But when it inevitably does, I think Merlin will remove the whole ride too, leaving us with either a large warehouse space to work with for possibly an inside dark ride, or knocking it down for space to build another flattie or even a bigger project, because there is the space to do something there, even if it causes the removal of slammer and BML. 

I'm pretty sure they looked at completely removing X (the coaster and the pyramid) but the cost was so huge they went for the walking dead ride instead. 

I can't see it ever going back to X or X no way out, I imagine it'll be a complete removal of the building along with Slammer to create space for something new.

17 hours ago, ThorpeAddict said:

I'm pretty sure they looked at completely removing X (the coaster and the pyramid) but the cost was so huge they went for the walking dead ride instead. 

I can't see it ever going back to X or X no way out, I imagine it'll be a complete removal of the building along with Slammer to create space for something new.

It probably won't happen anytime soon as we are now just seeing construction of Project Exodus, but maybe new for 2030.