Rameses Revenge

Dan9

Most of under seat workings they can get to by lifting the floor panels up anyway - they don't need the lack of bottom for easy access as they'd theoretically only need to access it in winter (as alton towers does).

Probably got taken off and lost though, and it's been an expenditure they'd rather not have.. which is a shame, it makes the ride look ugly and fairgroundy and can have an affect on its reliability during rain as well.

• 3 months later...

So yet again this pile of crap goes down.

It's removal is long overdue IMO, and I'm sure it's not part of the investment the park are making in the next couple of years.

I'll never forget when it was down for weeks in early 2005. At a time when it's 10th birthday should've been celebrated, the park had Huss on site to determine whether it was worth spending more money on it, or to rip it out.

The ride is in serious need of a lick of paint.

If it was ever to be removed, that section of Forbidden Kingdom would be drastically changed, and as Tomb Blaster is part of the area, a retheme would be the last thing the park would want to do.

In all the times I have been to Chessington, I have never seen or experienced a breakdown. I will admit it could use a lick of paint though.

I so badly wanna ride this but now I'm visiting on 15th it is probably going to be closed! I always have back luck with rides- every time I have been to thorpe slammer has been closed! I need to ride rameses revenge and I guess I will just have to wait until later in the year to ride it- unless it is open again of course ;)

These days the ride is run so slowly you hardly get a good ride. And it's over no sooner than it's begun.

Ripsaw seems to run like clockwork.

The ride cycles last at least 5 mins...

3653_484266184962019_2085334296_n.jpg

Does anyone know when it's going to be open again then? I really badly want it open for the 15th- just like EC I have never tried a topspin before!

Looks like it could be another motor/gear box issue with the scaffolding placement. Like RideAddict said a few posts ago, Rameses has not been the most reliable of rides. 2005 (10th birthday) it was shut for months and almost removed by the park.

The ride was shut for replacement parts needed mid-season in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011 - usually this is for a new gearbox/motor. Ripsaw has suffered similarly. Both Top Spins are very temperamental when the fountains get to the electronics too...

Last year I saw Rameses break down/running empty/shut for the day on about a third of my visits.

Rameses has a weird role at the park. The settings it operates on nowadays give a lame, boring ride on the first cycle - good for 'thrill ride newbies'; followed by the more intense (and thrilling!) second cycle.

I'm sure it's a good draw for families/young thrill seekers, but from a personal point of view I just don't bother riding it anymore - way too much faffing around involved.

Looks like it could be another motor/gear box issue with the scaffolding placement. Like RideAddict said a few posts ago, Rameses has not been the most reliable of rides. 2005 (10th birthday) it was shut for months and almost removed by the park.

The ride was shut for replacement parts needed mid-season in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011 - usually this is for a new gearbox/motor. Ripsaw has suffered similarly. Both Top Spins are very temperamental when the fountains get to the electronics too...

Last year I saw Rameses break down/running empty/shut for the day on about a third of my visits.

Rameses has a weird role at the park. The settings it operates on nowadays give a lame, boring ride on the first cycle - good for 'thrill ride newbies'; followed by the more intense (and thrilling!) second cycle.

I'm sure it's a good draw for families/young thrill seekers, but from a personal point of view I just don't bother riding it anymore - way too much faffing around involved.

I am desperate to ride a topspin and I guess I will just have to wait for a long time to ride one. I would like to do a 'funfair' topspin as they have more intense ride cycles and I am hoping that one turns up to villacher kirchtag.

I guess the faffing is annoying, not that I have ridden it, and the long wait between the first and second cycle is a pain, however this can not be solved as some people want to get off. I think that rameses is coming to the end of its days anyway...

These days the ride is run so slowly you hardly get a good ride. And it's over no sooner than it's begun.

Ripsaw seems to run like clockwork.

From the scaffolding layout, I imagine motor replacement.

Ripsaw has it's fair share of downtime. 2010 it was closed for a good 3 weeks or so in total purely down to motor replacement. It's just never reported as noones interested in the ride. It and rameses probably is down about the same.

Quote from facebook:

"They was still fixing rameses this morning but tonight I heard them trying it out and no scaffold so might be ready for tomor x"

I am presmuing that when 'Claire' is saying she heard them testing it, she meant 'saw' them testing it. Hopefully it will be ready in a couple of days now that the scaffolding is down. Can anyone confirm that the scaffolding is ACTUALLY off?