Rameses Revenge

Dan9

Yes, seriously. I don't go on it, it's a pile of crap and doesn't perform. Seriously, RMT lasts longer!

Well if you judge rides on how long they last then why is your display picture Stealth? That's one of the shortest lasting rides out there!

Anyway, you saying "it's a pile of crap" is stupid - you can't just say that because you don't like it. It does perform, it actually lasts a fair amount of time in my opinion, plus you get two cycles/one long cycle with the chance to get off so stop stating what isn't true.

I like Rameses Revenge. Although not being my favourite ride at Chessington, I always ride it every time I go because it offers me an extreme thrill that none of the other rides at Chessington seem to have currently.

Just because 1 person doesn't like it doesn't automatically mean everyone dislikes it. I like Slammer and X for different reasons and whilst most people on this forum don't like Slammer for it's reliability and ride experience, I have no problem in saying that I enjoy it. I respect people's own opinions for rides like Slammer and RR, but what I don't respect is them assuming that only their opinion is valid and anything different from theirs is wrong.

RR is a ride that to me still needs to be at Chessington because not only does it provide an experience for the more extreme market, but it's also there to introduce the bigger and more extreme rides to the younger audience who are still hesitant about riding those sorts or rides.

My 10 year-old sister for instance a couple of years ago would refuse to go on almost every ride at Thorpe due to the shear size, intensity and speed of them. But as soon as she managed Quantum and RR last year, she loved them and because of that confidence that she had from enjoying the slightly more extreme rides, she moved up to Zodiac, then Vortex, then Rush and then everything else thanks to the variety and choice Thorpe/Chessington has to offer. Now, she rides everything at Thorpe except Detonator still (and I don't blame her frankly)!

Plus, this argument about Rameses not being a "proper" thrill ride is just silly. Guests who visit Chessington, Alton and even Thorpe aren't going to judge from appearance whether this ride is classed as a thrill ride or a family ride from the manufacturers website are they? Just because the manufacturer thinks the ride is aimed at families doesn't mean everyone else who visits will think the same. In fact, I'd go as far to say that Quantum for instance could be classed as an extreme ride by some guests as it surprises a lot of people including myself, my friends and even my sister.

Thorpe Park and some people I know class Rush as a thrill ride, despite on S&S's website it is classed as a "family ride". Detonator as another example is classed as an "extreme" on Thorpe's website (and rightly so because I find it a very extreme ride!), despite being classed as a "spectacular" ride on Fabrri's website.

To put it simply - these classes of rides are there for the manufacturer and buyer, NOT the average guest.

So please can we stop this arguing people? As it's ridiculous and there's no right or wrong way of looking at this. Thank you.

It is Chessingtons only remaining inversion, it can't go! Without it, regardless of height restrictions, the place is a childrens park not a family one if you look at the line up. There is nothing there remotely intimidating to anyone but the youngest child.

I thought Ramesis was running particularly well today, even if it does sound like every moving part is made of pure rust (although I love that noise it sounds like it needs a can of WD40 or two). It was gliding round and managing 5 or 6 flips, last time I went a couple of years ago it would rarely do more than two.

Depends on the weight of the ride - I seemingly remember getting 5 on there, but also 3, all depends.

Ripsaw gets 5 if the weight is right, otherwise it'll be 4 on that setting, however it is an accidental extra inversion incase anyones interested in that.

If you want to get wet, back row, 5th seat in. Learnt that through experience :P It got 4 today just to clarify, didn't quite make number 5.

It depends which operator you have if you want to get wet. On a hot summers day, the operators will always drench you with water but towards the beginning of the season, the operators will be more kind and only squirt it up and miss you. I went on it 3 times a week ago. The first and second time, the water was not used/didnt get us wet at all. However, on the third time, I asked the operator to give us a soaking and he said if you sit on the back row, you will get a soaking! I think I sat 6th from the left(right if you are spectating) on the back row. The water came up right into our faces and got us absolutely soaked! As for the flipping, we only got 4 flips all 3 times we were on the ride :)

• 5 weeks later...