Rameses Revenge

Dan9

Might just be motors blowing, when they replace them one of the newer one/refurbed one is way more powerful than the rest and usually kills the other one.

Happened to ripsaw, causing 5 motor blowouts (yes, one went twice) in 2010. It was down for about 4 days for each one, and I imagine chessie takes far longer to solve these issues due to budgets etc.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I didn't see this coming old Rammy getting broken down to the degree that ride may no longer be able to operate in its current form. On the positive note, least no one got hurt.

I'm so glad I was able to go on it at the Chessie meet especially as the ride's future is now uncertain.

I was expecting something to happen like this sooner or later.

Rameses revenge is forever breaking down at the top however it only takes 5 mind for them to lower it down- it only had to be a matter of years before it got stuck there for longer! Shame really, I really wanted to ride when I go this Saturday :(

Probably just a free fastrack for rameses revenge when it reopens ;)

If it re-opens that is, if they've had to cut through the restraints then it probably wont re-open will it because to get new ones fitted will be a hell of a lot of money that Merlin wont spend on Chessington. As Pluk said a few posts back.

Edited by coastercameron98

Chessington seems to have fallen to pieces this year.

I cannot say if chessington will close rameses revenge altogether but all I can say is I hope that they dont! I would say that they should buy a new, better model however this is unlikely to happen and I guess we will have to wait and see what happens to poor rameses revenge.

Would love to hear to the announcement " Rameses Revenge is now open and with the restraints saw'd off a 100% chance of falling out! we hope you enjoy the ride" :D Something tells me Sky aren't being very accurate with their prediction...