Rameses Revenge

Dan9

Anyone managed to get any pictures yet? I'm sure they'd already decided that the shortened ride life cycle was worth it for the water. I also don't quite understand that - its designed to work outdoors so rain comes with that. I'd say the blasters don't get you a lot wet than a bad shower?

According to Themepark Guide , Chessington aren't allowing anyone to take photos of Ramesis at the moment (perhaps due to embarrassment or ongoing work). However there is a truck on site near Hocus Pocus with equipment to take the ride apart. Is this really the end of Ramesis Revenge?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=509717699083534&set=a.166428706745770.47984.163052343750073&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf

I did read about this, and it's a real shame

RR is such a good ride... I've ridden it many times over the years- while I don't think it will be repaired (11 years old all ready!) plus as some people said in this thread people will lose faith in it, I don't think chessington can rise to the ocasion if it came to replacing it... I really don't. their's no talk about anything as far as I know, and I think it would be interesting if it came to that

has the insident put me off riding RR?

not at all..... I think, what happens, happens. to have the same thing happen too in such a short space of time is just highly unlikely

I guessed they would cover it up after the event to avoid photographs of the wounded old thing, but I find it hard to believe there are not pictures of the damage at the time it occurred, while Trumpton were having fun with their big scissors. There were plenty of people around then, surely?

Anyone know what damage they actually did? Did they have to cut all three connecting points (one on each shoulder and the nut smasher), or was there a less destructive way out?

So apparently all you need to take down a ride are some ladders and blocks of wood?

My degree taught me nothing...

Apparently so.

See, I looked at those photos and thought.. Ooh scaffolding. Scaffolding coming off from the burnt stub mansion I presume. Which it's in the right location for.

Otherwise it'd be the same as parking a truck at tomb blaster to do routine maintenance to Vampire.

If it goes then they should replace it with another model! (Same ride).

Too much is leaving Chessington at the moment - it has gone from a very nice themed park to a construction site with little theming in places in a very short space of time.

personally, if RR did go, I'd like them to replace it with a new atraction... a new one entirely

new starts are always good when it comes to theme parks

If it goes then they should replace it with another model! (Same ride).

Seems unlikely, to say the least. Chessington has developed in the last 15 years and Thrill Seekers are being directed to Thorpe and Alton. Chances are, they'll remove it and eventually replace it with something else (or leave it for ages like they did with Rodeo. Still, the last "Big" ride left at Chessington now is Rattlesnake.

Seems unlikely, to say the least. Chessington has developed in the last 15 years and Thrill Seekers are being directed to Thorpe and Alton. Chances are, they'll remove it and eventually replace it with something else (or leave it for ages like they did with Rodeo. Still, the last "Big" ride left at Chessington now is Rattlesnake.

That's... Arguable... Especially considering since Rameses only really Rattlesnake, Land of the Dragons and Wild Asia have been the major developments park wise...

And I would dispute this. If what you're referring to is investment than Benin's post above disproves this. But if you mean it in terms of thrill then Vampire and Dragon's Fury have a few words to say to you. They're arguably more thrilling and scary than Rattlesnake. The only scary thing about Rattlesnake is at the time it was built Maurer Sohne didn't know how to turn corners.

In its early years, Vampire was considered a thrill ride (which back then the uk had no B&Ms, shock wave or PMBO). I think through time when newer rides have appeared, it's started to tame down in appearances when twenty years ago most would see it as thrill coaster while to most now, it is seen more as family coaster (whether the train change had anything to do with it).